PDA

View Full Version : Rank DVC Resorts

RaRaRoundTheWorld
08-04-2007, 09:24 AM
I have read a bunch about the DVC and all the info has been great. But, I haven’t seen much regarding people's opinions as to the ranking of the DVC resorts. Which one is the nicest? Are any of the DVC resorts comparable to the Grand Floridian w/ a MK view? Which ones are better than the GF?

Seasonscraps
08-04-2007, 10:56 AM
This is how I would rank the DVC resorts I stayed at:

Boardwalk
Wilderness Lodge
Beach Club
Old Key West Resort

I haven't been to Saratoga Springs, AK, Vero Beach or HH.

I never stayed at the GF so I can't compare but I have never been disappointed in our accomodations. The biggest difference and only thing I miss from being a cash guest vs a dvc guest is the daily housekeeping.

mprewitt
08-04-2007, 11:04 AM
My ranking would depend on what criteria is used, and the relative importance of one criteria over the other.

So, if location close to Epcot was important, than BCV and BWV would rate high. If location to MK was important, than VWL would rank high.

Besides location, you could consider transporation, dining options, recreational options, room types/size, Theming/look&feel, and other amenities. I'm sure there is more.

I guess you can infer my own favorite resorts from my signature.

True Disney Fan
08-04-2007, 06:41 PM
:thumbsup:I have stayed at several and they are all fun and have their own style. As far as the ranking it would be,for me:Villas at Wilderness Lodge, BoardWalk Villas, Old key West and Saratoga Springs.:mickey:

dlpmikki
08-05-2007, 02:45 AM
Different people like different things. We have a sticky poll where people are picking their favourites if you want to have a look :)

For me it would be:
1 - Old Key west
2 - Villas at Wilderness Lodge
3 - Villas at animal kingdom
4 - Beach Club for location and pool but I don't like it as much as the others.

Maleficent's Dad
08-05-2007, 02:52 PM
Soooooooo many variables in this one - and as mentioned above, the criteria used will determine and change rankings...

If I have to do it:
1. BWV
2. BCV
3. OKW
4. VWL
5. SSR

Now I've got to tell you, I'll stay at any of these resorts as they're all awesome.

Looking at my list, I already want to change it. I need to move VWL up, I have to move OKW higher, but where do I put them? I love the BW area - and that encompasses BC and BW...

Now I'm confusing myself! :shrug:

They're all GREAT resorts. I guess my list is already defunct as I don't consider it valid!

wendy*darling
08-05-2007, 05:11 PM
Which ones are better than the GF?

I personally do not care for the theming in the GF.
None of the DVC Resorts have a view of the MK (at this time).

In my opinion, ALL of the DVC resorts win out over the GF.
The rooms are much nicer- especially the 1 & 2 bedroom villas.
There is no comparison- I prefer any of the DVC resorts to any regular hotel room, any day.

Horizon93
08-05-2007, 09:47 PM
They are all great resorts and as has been said so many variables. But here goes:

1. Animal Kingdom Villas (our new home)
Beautiful accomodations, well themed, and savannas!
2, Boardwalk Villas: Graet resort and close to Epcot.
3. Old Key West: The first DVC resort we will stay at, has the largest accomodations and was the first DVC resort.
4, Beach Club Villas: Once again, Epcot pro
ximity.
5. Saratoga Springs: Beautiful resort with great access to DTD just like OKW.
6. VWL: A great resort, but not our style of decor.

You can't go wrong with any of the DVC resorts.