PDA

View Full Version : Mid September Visit

PeterPanFan
08-04-2007, 06:47 AM
Ok we are 41 days out and getting ready!

Last year we went during Columbus Day and the place was so crowded.

A few years back (before the free dining) we would go in mid september and the place was soooooo nice. There were very short (5mins) wait times. Now I know this probably is not the case but has anyone gone in mid september lately? How are the crowds?

Thanks

:mickey:

Seasonscraps
08-04-2007, 07:56 AM
We were there in mid-september last year and the crowds were pretty light. We walked onto most of the rides with little to no wait (Soarin & EE were exceptions of course). The restuarants were full but we were able to get the ADRs we wanted for each day except for Whispering Canyon one evening - we had to pick another night.

jennifer99
08-04-2007, 08:20 AM
Hey - we are leaving in 41 days too:mickey:

We went at the same time of year last year for free dining. We were concerned about the crowds but it really was not bad. The most we waited was 20 minutes for Everest and Soarin. Everything else was about 5min. The restaurants were crowded but we expected that. Lots of people talked about it being really crowded last year and we were happily surprised when it was not. We are hoping for the same again this year.

Have a magical trip:mickey:

kathiep
08-04-2007, 09:19 AM
We're leaving in 41 days too!! :party:

We were there the same time last year and felt the crowds were not an issue. All line rides were almost non-existant, I think the longest wait we had was 15 minutes for POC.

techgeek
08-04-2007, 09:28 AM
This will be our third Mid Sept trip in a row. We love this time of year, the crowds are below average. I will warn you that there are many guests from over seas and that they have different habits and line manners. We however love Sept and will probibly make our school district irratated in about three years when DD starts ( please no hate mail ):thumbsup: We love second and third week of Jan as well.

Gottaluvgoof
08-04-2007, 09:50 AM
We went two years ago in September/Free dining, and it was the best time ever. Heck, maybe I shouldn't be giving away the Sept secret :secret: Anyway, it was awesome. We never waited in lines and the only fast pass we used was Soarin. I was just there in June and it was CROWDED! 34 days until our September trip and I can't wait :mickey:

Seasonscraps
08-04-2007, 10:51 AM
We went two years ago in September/Free dining, and it was the best time ever. Heck, maybe I shouldn't be giving away the Sept secret :secret: Anyway, it was awesome. We never waited in lines and the only fast pass we used was Soarin. I was just there in June and it was CROWDED! 34 days until our September trip and I can't wait :mickey:

DH is always saying that to me -- when I say Sept is one of the best times to go to DW. :D

sashiroo
08-04-2007, 01:21 PM
We are also 41 days! Crazy! The last time we went in September was 13 years ago, so I really couldn't answer the question. I just thought it was cool we're all going at the same time. :yay:

MickeysEars
08-04-2007, 01:25 PM
I am so very happy to hear this. I was very concerned about the crowds with the free dining. Especially since my family had a hard time getting into the resort they wanted. Also, I booked my meals back in April/May and did not get all my first choices. :clappy:

GottaLvDisney
08-04-2007, 01:37 PM
WooHoo - we're at 41 days and counting as well... Here's hoping that what I hear about September crowds holds true since that's one reason we picked this time of year for our first trip to the world!

garymacd
08-04-2007, 03:33 PM
We're leaving in 41 days too!! :party:

We were there the same time last year and felt the crowds were not an issue. All line rides were almost non-existant, I think the longest wait we had was 15 minutes for POC.

46 days for us. Can't wait.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
08-04-2007, 06:13 PM
39 days for us... :mickey::party:

We have gone the second and third weeks of September for the past few years. The crowds are a little bigger with Free Dining but, still very low. Little or no wait times. Table Service restaurants are very busy.

We joined DVC this year and can no longer get FD and we are still going during that time. Hopefully, it will be just as slow as we are used to this year.

I hope everyone is having as much fun getting ready as we are!! :party:

DISNEYFIX
08-04-2007, 08:30 PM
Define fun please;) The nashing of teeth nd the biting of fingernails waiting for AP's, DDE's, ADR's, ABC's........All being relieved on Sept. 11th for us. Bring on the SAB.
Chris

Eeyore's My Favorite
08-04-2007, 08:54 PM
Hey everyone - thanks for the input on the September time frame. We're going just after free dining & before F& W so we can't wait......:thumbsup:

E-OR
08-05-2007, 01:39 PM
We are also 41 days out and can hardly wait. I can't think of anything else but Disney. Been putting things in a box that I don't want to forget. I have been concerned about the free dining causing more crowds than we want, but this sounds great. We upgraded to POFQ from ASmovies when we got free dining. I am also planning our next vacation for next September with hopes that this trip turns out great.

snifflesmcg
08-05-2007, 02:17 PM
I'm 34 days out. Looks like we'll all be there.

I went the past two years in September. It was great. I did notice that last year was busier than the year before. It's a great time to go IF there are no hurricanes (Sept is a biggie) and the Lovebugs don't "bug" you too much.

Ms.Disney
08-05-2007, 02:49 PM
33 MORE DAYS

We cant wait :mickey: We were worried about the crowds but nothing will keep us away!

LoriMistress
08-05-2007, 02:54 PM
It's going to be crowded. I've heard the parks will be packed, and all ADR ressies are booked up.

Texas Tinkerbell Too
08-05-2007, 03:08 PM
39 days! Can't wait. We 've never been in September. So, I hope it's not too crowded either. Oh well, regardless, we will have FUN!!!!
Traveling with 2 other families.:mickey:

caryrae
08-05-2007, 04:14 PM
We go in Sept alot just because the crowds are so low. Last year we went in sept and none of the rides were over 45 min wait, most were 30 min or less.

disneynarula
08-05-2007, 05:00 PM
48 days to go!! I have never been in September before either but can't resist the free dining. I am glad to hear the crowds will be light.

ChewyStriker
08-06-2007, 12:06 PM
This will be our first Sept. trip as well and our first on the dining plan. We figured we wanted to bring our son, 2, when we could do the Magical Beginnings program and have low crowds at the same time. Those two things won out over possible hurricanes and hot temps! Here's hoping everything goes well for all!:mickey:

mrsmomus
08-06-2007, 02:50 PM
We will be there in 40 days!!
Kim

mook3y
08-06-2007, 05:26 PM
43 Days!! WOOT lol

We have gone mid to late september the last 2 years. Both years most rides had 5 minute or less wait. A couple of time in 10 days in parks something would have maybe a 10 minute wait. But over all, crowds are very lite.

EE & Soarin same as others said. We just fastpass that one. ;)

See y'all soon! lol

dyin tago
08-06-2007, 07:31 PM
wife and myself go on sept 7th for 14 nights!
we went same time last year but this time no 19 year old to aggravate us! we are as excited about going as we were the first 3 times and we are in our forties! does everyone else get this excited even after being to the world before?:donald:

Crow
08-06-2007, 09:18 PM
i went in early Sept a few yrs for my birthday and it was pretty good.
this time its Sept 21st so hoping for light crowds.

RPHX2NC
08-07-2007, 09:41 AM
42 days for us! We can not wait. We were there mid Sept 2005 and we never waited for any rides. We actually would let people pass us so we could see the que setup that explained the rides.

They only time we waited was for ADRs over an hour at some places. I would say show up early for ADRs and don't go to far from the host stand, we did and got passed up at several places.

Disdad13
08-07-2007, 11:52 AM
We have been the last two Septembers - both with free dining - and have waited a max of 20 minutes for a ride. But usually, it was walk-on or 5-10 minutes. These are our only two trips, so I can't really compare to other times of year, but I can't imagine it getting much better than that. We are heading back again Sept. 19-28 and can't wait! The love bugs are a nuisance, but a small price to pay for free dining and small crowds!

Texas Tinkerbell Too
08-07-2007, 04:37 PM
We have been the last two Septembers - both with free dining - and have waited a max of 20 minutes for a ride. But usually, it was walk-on or 5-10 minutes. These are our only two trips, so I can't really compare to other times of year, but I can't imagine it getting much better than that. We are heading back again Sept. 19-28 and can't wait! The love bugs are a nuisance, but a small price to pay for free dining and small crowds!

I've heard people referring to "love bugs." Please tell me we are just talking about newly weds.???:confused:

dyin tago
08-07-2007, 09:04 PM
yes,those love bugs are pesky and squishy but be thankful they don`t bite!

Jen C.
08-08-2007, 04:23 PM
It's going to be crowded. I've heard the parks will be packed, and all ADR ressies are booked up.

Yes, ADR's are booked up. NO, it will not be "packed". The most we've ever had to wait in line in Sept. (gave gone the last 2 years of free dining) was 10-15 min.

bleukarma
08-08-2007, 04:37 PM
I've heard people referring to "love bugs." Please tell me we are just talking about newly weds.???:confused:

Lovebugs are like pesky flies. They don't bite or anything, they just fly around. They come out in Florida twice a year, the spring and fall. The get their name because they look like two bugs stuck together = love bugs!

Texas Tinkerbell Too
08-08-2007, 05:21 PM
:thanks: thanks for the info on the love bugs. I am glad to know so I can prepare myself and the kids. We are kinda phobic about bugs/spiders, particularly ones that jump on us.
:scared: :bee: