PDA

View Full Version : Do you think Jasmine will recognize her alternate gown?

kakn7294
08-04-2007, 01:17 AM
How well do the characters, particularly the face characters such as the Princesses know the character that they portray? My specific reason for asking is that DD 7 insists on wearing Princess Jasmine's wedding gown from the 3rd Aladdin movie to the P & P party on Aug 18. It's a bit of an obscure costume for Jasmine so it's probably not widely recognized although the headband kind of gives it away. I know DD will be sorely disappointed if Jasmine doesn't recognize her own gown (and so will I since I slaved so hard to make this thing and I think it looks pretty darn good myself!). I'm also trying to think of ways to "hint" to Jasmine that DD is wearing a copy of her wedding gown just in case she doesn't recognize that on her own - I figured her "Friend" could help me out on that one if I said something to the CM who accompanies Jasmine - if there is one. At MVMCP, there was both a "Friend" and a Photopass photog so I should be okay there. If I portrayed a character, I would have as much knowledge of my character (and his/her supporting cast) as possible, but these folks are only being paid minimum wage so who knows how much effort some put into it.

SBETigg
08-04-2007, 07:40 AM
That's a tricky one. I think most princesses could figure it out and would probably be very complimentary, but you never know what they are going to know or say.

:pixie: that it all goes well.

Gotta Love the TTA
08-04-2007, 06:20 PM
My understanding is that part of the deal for face characters is a vast knowledge of the trivia associated with their movies.

For example, upon seeing Mary Poppins, she should respond to your comment, "Wind's from the east, I see."

Jasmine should absolutely recognize any of her dresses!

And if she doesn't, a word to the attendant should clear it up.