PDA

View Full Version : Have you read any books about Walt Disney?

IloveDisney71
08-03-2007, 08:12 PM
I read a post the other day by someone looking for books about Walt Disney or the Walt Disney Corp. and I wondered how many people have actually read about the history of Walt Disney and/or his company. So I thought I'd post a question to find out.
If you have read any books about Walt Disney, the Walt Disney Company, WD Parks, WD animation or Imagineering, please share the ones you have read and the ones you liked. Thanks
I have read:
The Magic Kindom/ Walt Disney and the American Way of Life by Steven Watts
Walt Disney/ His Life in Pictures
Inside the Dream/ The Personal Story of Walt Disney by Katerine & Richard Green
My favorite of those 3 was Inside the Dream.

KAJUNKING
08-03-2007, 08:48 PM
i have read Walt Disney an american original by Bob Thomas, and it was very well done and i really enjoyed the book, and im not a big reader

Christine
08-03-2007, 09:13 PM
i have read Walt Disney an american original by Bob Thomas, and it was very well done and i really enjoyed the book

I loved this book too!

I cried like a baby at the end!

sgdisney
08-03-2007, 09:39 PM
I just got Bob Thomas' book, Walt Disney, An American Original and am about half way through it. I want to finish it before my trip that is in 12 days. I'd highly recommend it for any Disney fan.

kaerbear178
08-03-2007, 10:25 PM
i have read Walt Disney an american original by Bob Thomas, and it was very well done and i really enjoyed the book, and im not a big reader

I have had that book for a few years now but haven't gotten around to reading the whole thing. I used it when I did a research paper in high school on Disney. It is a good book.

Zippy 1
08-03-2007, 10:38 PM
I have read Disney War. It was a long read but very informative about things inside the Disney Company

snifflesmcg
08-04-2007, 12:40 AM
I haven't read any......yet. I bought one for my friend for her birthday..maybe I'll borrow it from her. I do plan on reading one, one day. I'm simply not a big reader.

Fantasmic
08-04-2007, 07:36 AM
I have quite a few Disney/DisneyWorld Books.

The Imagineering one
SInce the World Began

I can't remember all the names at the moment, i'll edit the post when I get a moment to check them!

SBETigg
08-04-2007, 07:42 AM
My son did a report on Walt for a school biography project, so yes we both read about him to research but I don't recall which book we read by now. It was a few years ago.

mickey&missy
08-04-2007, 11:23 AM
I read Walt Disney, An American Orginial and thought it was a great book!

I have Walt Disney by Neal Gabler but haven't read it yet. Its VERY long.

crazypoohbear
08-04-2007, 07:51 PM
both my son's have read bio's on Walt and done book reports on him.:mickey: