DisneyQuest + Water Parks Annual Pass $129 | $99
Disney’s Wide World of Sports Complex Pass $10.51 | $7.94

Florida Resident 1-Day $63.90 | $54 | $22.50 | $25
Florida Resident 3-Day $125 | $105 | $22.50 | $25
Florida Resident 4-Day $159 | $134 | $22.50 | $25

Florida Resident Annual Pass $350 | $308
Florida Resident Premium Annual Pass $459 | $404
Florida Resident Seasonal Pass $230 | $203

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message updated by Figment! on 08-04-2007

The following changes are in reference to an internal announcement of altered park pass policies to go in effect August 5, 2007:

Magic Your Way Base Pass

Ceasement of Advance Purchase discount.Water Park Fun & More Option

1 - Day Base Pass Add-On will be reduced to 2 visits.

2 - Day Base Pass Add-On will be reduced to 2 visits.

5 - Day and Up Base Passes Add-Ons will be increased to match the number of days on the base pass.

Florida Resident Passes

Ceasement of on-site discount on 1-Day Florida Resident Magic Your Way Tickets.
Expiration on 4-Day Florida Resident Magic Your Way Tickets will be increased to 180 days after first use.All passes will incur some form of price increase on August 5, 2007 excluding:

1 Day Blizzard Beach Tickets
1 Day Typhoon Lagoon Tickets
Typhoon Lagoon Annual Pass
Blizzard Beach Annual Pass
Pleasure Island 1 Night Multi-Club Pass
Pleasure Island Annual PassThe following packages will be effected by the park pass policy and pricing changes on August 5, 2007:

2008 Packages
2007 Packages Upgraded or Altered Upon Arrival.
2007 Packages booked on or after August 5, 2007 that include stays at Downtown Disney Resort Area Official Hotels, Walt Disney World Swan, Walt Disney World Dolphin and Good Neighbor Hotels.
2007 Packages upgraded or altered on or after August 5, 2007 that include stays at Downtown Disney Resort Area Official Hotels, Walt Disney World Swan, Walt Disney World Dolphin and Good Neighbor Hotels.------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message originally posted by DizneyFreak2002 on 08-03-2007

From Orlando Sentinel:

The price of magic goes up this weekend at Walt Disney World, where the basic adult ticket is climbing 6 percent to a record $71.

Disney on Friday announced a whole range of new ticket prices that take effect Sunday. The price changes also affect the discount packages that still can push the per-day cost below $23 for adults who want to commit to as much as a 10-day run at Disney's four theme parks.

But almost all the prices are going up. And for the second year in a row, Disney is raising its prices in August rather than in December or January, when theme parks historically announced price increases.

There was no word Friday out of either Universal Orlando or SeaWorld Orlando about whether they, too, expect to raise prices soon. But Central Florida's theme-park resorts have a history of raising ticket prices at about the same time to about the same amounts.

Disney's increase came just two days after Walt Disney Co. announced a $1.1 billion corporate profit and another good quarter at the company's theme parks, where profit margins were exceeding 20 percent.

Disney officials said the price timing had nothing to do with the corporate earnings; rather, it was tied to the annual planning cycles of travel wholesalers, tour organizers and commercial publications. They need their 2008 information soon.

And there was no indication Friday that anyone expects Disney's new price to start scaring away customers.

"We strongly believe that Walt Disney World represents a great entertainment value. Our guests agree," spokesman Rick Sylvain said. "In our guests surveys, nine out of 10 rate their theme park experience from good to excellent."

DisneyCrazy
08-03-2007, 07:40 PM
The Orlando Sentinel is reporting that the one day Walt Disney World MYW ticket is increasing from $67 to $71 this Sunday. Other passes, including annual passes, will be increasing anywhere from 3% to 6%.

lindique
08-03-2007, 08:10 PM
Another site is reporting that the advance purchase discount for 4 day and longer passes will go away. The park hopper option is going up by $5. Yup, it's going to be expensive.

merlinmagic4
08-03-2007, 08:11 PM
Does anyone have actual numbers yet? I had hoped to buy new 10 day no expiration passes with the 6 options before prices increased. I don't need them until 2009 but thought I'd get a head start ;)

mttafire
08-03-2007, 08:15 PM
If this is true it wont upset me a bit. In a free market society when the price of leasure items goes up it is a sign of a good economy and supply and demand.:thumbsup:.In Disney's case...If more folks attend year after year then they will and should raise prices. If attendence falls dramatically then you'd see a price decrease. I dont mind paying more for my vacation because as wages grow its only common sense that certain "wants and needs" items will too. As much as we hate to pay more for any vacation, Be thankful; It a sign of good times!:mickey:

Flower
08-03-2007, 08:51 PM
Will the price increase affect specialty tickets, such as MNSSHP & MVMCP?

sgdisney
08-03-2007, 09:41 PM
Makes me glad I already have my Park Hoppers ready to go!

dumbo ears
08-03-2007, 09:52 PM
is this price gonna be the price for just that day or for good.

Crow
08-03-2007, 10:03 PM
i have a 9 day hopper for my 10 day upcoming trip...but wondering now if i should upgrade to AP. and how much it will b going up

DisneyCrazy
08-03-2007, 10:08 PM
Another site is reporting that the 7 day park hopper (expiring) will increase from $264.12 to $281.16. This looks to be a significant increase. Disney is doing away with the advance purchase discount on most of the tickets. The park hopper option is increasing from $45 to $50 per ticket.

Zippy 1
08-03-2007, 10:33 PM
Does this price increase effect people who already have packages booked? We are booked for a trip Nov.8-16th. Will this change our package price?

Melanie
08-03-2007, 11:27 PM
is this price gonna be the price for just that day or for good.

It's a permanant increase.

DisneyAddict62
08-04-2007, 12:12 AM
Should I change our room only ressies to a package tomorrow?!

lockedoutlogic
08-04-2007, 12:22 AM
Anyone know florida res or DVC rate increases for seasonal/ annual passes?

going twice late this year...then we'll be in infantland....so i'm thinking the florida seasonal pass would be best if we're off the map for awhile and only going to be there for 10-15 days in non-"peak" times....

I take the Ferry
08-04-2007, 09:06 AM
Hmmmmm...

I wonder if this is the reason they haven't released 2008 rates yet...

I wonder if we should check to see if they are released on 8/5...

K, Slater!
I take the Ferry!!!

DisneyAddict62
08-04-2007, 09:20 AM
I was reading on another site that it was the No Expiration that was going up $5, not the Park Hopper option. Any one else read this?

TikiGoddess
08-04-2007, 09:24 AM
I was reading on another site that it was the No Expiration that was going up $5, not the Park Hopper option. Any one else read this?

Yes, this is true. The $5 is going to be added to the No Expiration option, NOT the Park Hopper. That's staying the same.

They are changing the Water Parks and More option to match the days of the ticket. (10 day ticket means 10 water park visits)

TikiG

DisneyDudet
08-04-2007, 09:56 AM
I'm off to buy my tickets right now!

disneydude1
08-04-2007, 11:17 AM
Hey there,
I am a Disney Store cast member and was informed that our ticket prices will not be increasing until Tuesday or Wednesday. I did notice that a 3-Day Base Ticket is going up $12 for kids and adults and also and Water Park Fun & More Option tickets will receive an extra day. So for example current tickets are 7-Day Water Park Fun & More with 6 options, the new tickets will include 7 options.

I can post the new prices on here later on... so stay posted.

LaDracul
08-04-2007, 11:32 AM
Will this also affect AAA? My family is planning to get those at the end of the year before our trip in May.

DizneyFreak2002
08-04-2007, 12:01 PM
it is a sign of a good economy; as wages grow

problem is, the economy still isn't that good or strong and wages are NOT going up for the little man, only the CEO's who can afford everything anyway..... The little man is being hurt by price increases because the cost of living does not equal their pay.....At this rate, everything will be for the rich and the middle class will be left out.... That is not a good economy, and that is not what a free society should be about.... :)

Red Randal
08-04-2007, 12:54 PM
Are you KIDDING me? It's like the gods are actually trying to stop me from going in October. First Southwest increases plane tickets $40 and now the DIsney tickets are going up.

I guess I better just buy them now.

TheRustyScupper
08-04-2007, 01:15 PM
1) Let's see . . .
. . . Last Quarter Profits up 14%
. . . Last Quarter Revenue up 7%
. . . Next Year Ticket Prices to go up 6%

2) Almost makes sense to me.
3) In a Gordon Gekko "GREED IS GOOD" kind of way.
4) I might have to re-evaluate my past opinion of Eisner.
5) OK, so maybe not.

Polynesian Dweller
08-04-2007, 01:39 PM
Seems to me I've heard a lot of the complaints every year. Every year Disney puts up its prices and every year on the various boards you get the comments about 'greed', 'only the rich can afford it', 'the little guy won't be able to go' etc. And every year people buy their tickets and go to Disney so none of the gloom occurs.

Ok, now to the real points of my post.

1. Every year Disney's cost go up. Some of it is in contractual agreements with staff that increase wages, some is in costs of contractors, suppliers, services etc. (remember the businesses that Disney buys from have cost increases and pass them along to Disney). Disney, like any business, will pass along the costs to its customers in the form of ticket increases.

2. A Disney trip, like any entertainment and vacation activity, is not a necessity of life. Its is, by definition, a luxury. You have to decide for yourself if what they are offering is worth it or not and whether its a spot where you will spend some of your available resources. So far, the evidence is that most people will.

3. The 7 day park hopper price increase works out to a little more than $2 per day. That won't break many banks.

So the price has gone up, nobody wants to pay more, but now that we know what it will cost in 2008 we can figure out how we are going to pay for it if we choose to do so.

GrumpyFan
08-04-2007, 02:14 PM
"Ouch", says my pocketbook.

I find it a little bit interesting though, considering their recent financial reports. It's almost like their trying to push the prices to the point of seeing how far the market will allow. I know it's not a big increase, but still, it just seems to be getting a little on the excessive side, especially when you look at some of the other "minor" cuts their making in other places.

Don't get me wrong, I want to see the Disney Company be profitable, I am a shareholder myself. But, at the same time, I don't want to feel like I'm being sucked dry of all my finances to be able to take my family on a vacation at one of their parks. Disney already has an air about their parks by many that it's too expensive, and not affordable. I've tried to help show and tell people ways to save some money when going, but I'm starting to think that it's getting to the point of almost being too much. Time will tell, I guess.

There's another message thread on here talking about the "real" or hidden cost of Disney's Magical Express. Maybe this is just another way for them to recoup that cost. So, essentially, from an accounting perspective, DME will operate will zero cost, once all the numbers are in.

In the end, it sounds smart, from a corporate perspective at least. But, from a consumer perspective, it seems pretty harsh. Leaves me confused. I'm not sure if I like the price increase or not. Again, time will tell.

mttafire
08-04-2007, 02:40 PM
problem is, the economy still isn't that good or strong and wages are NOT going up for the little man, only the CEO's who can afford everything anyway..... The little man is being hurt by price increases because the cost of living does not equal their pay.....At this rate, everything will be for the rich and the middle class will be left out.... That is not a good economy, and that is not what a free society should be about.... :)

The current economy is the best since '86 as per gdp growth. Unemployment has been under 4.8 % longer now other than only 3 times in the last 80 years. As for the rest of your comments....complete non factual. However, I do respect you as a fellow Intercotee and have agreed with you many many times before.Even though i couldnt disagree more with your economic opinions on this thread. I've found that the standard of living one wants to acheive is entirely up to that person 100%. You cant make any excuses living in this Nation, There is WAY too many economic opportunities. Getting back to Disney though...If they lowered thier ticket prices; I would be worried. That would not be a sign of good health "company wise" :mickey:

mttafire
08-04-2007, 02:42 PM
Seems to me I've heard a lot of the complaints every year. Every year Disney puts up its prices and every year on the various boards you get the comments about 'greed', 'only the rich can afford it', 'the little guy won't be able to go' etc. And every year people buy their tickets and go to Disney so none of the gloom occurs.

1. Every year Disney's cost go up. Some of it is in contractual agreements with staff that increase wages, some is in costs of contractors, suppliers, services etc. (remember the businesses that Disney buys from have cost increases and pass them along to Disney). Disney, like any business, will pass along the costs to its customers in the form of ticket increases.

2. A Disney trip, like any entertainment and vacation activity, is not a necessity of life. Its is, by definition, a luxury. You have to decide for yourself if what they are offering is worth it or not and whether its a spot where you will spend some of your available resources. So far, the evidence is that most people will.

3. The 7 day park hopper price increase works out to a little more than $2 per day. That won't break many banks.

So the price has gone up, nobody wants to pay more, but now that we know what it will cost in 2008 we can figure out how we are going to pay for it if we choose to do so.
100% agreed, VERY WELL put!!:mickey:

lindique
08-04-2007, 04:00 PM
Anyone know how much annual passes are going up?

Catzle
08-04-2007, 04:08 PM
So a 7 day pass is going up approx. $20 a person. Is this correct?, if so to me that seems high to me. I could see a $5-$10 increase for a 7 day pass but over that I think is just too much.

TikiGoddess
08-04-2007, 04:58 PM
I just priced tickets for me and my two girls (DH has a ticket already). For 10 day tickets (no expiration) it would be around $1200. I decided not to buy them now, since our next trip won't be until 2009 most likely (maybe one day next year). I can have that $1200 sitting in my bank account accruing 5% interest rather than locked up in tickets.

Please tell me that sounds logical!
TikiG

Crow
08-04-2007, 05:21 PM
cant trade mine up. just asked Karen at MJ and since im paid off there would b a change fee. i was thinkin about getin an AP now in case i get back in Dec/Jan but...
dont have the $$ anyway now....so i will have to deal w it when i decide if i will b back...theres always Tokyo DIsney.....

Catwillow
08-04-2007, 08:01 PM
I just priced tickets for me and my two girls (DH has a ticket already). For 10 day tickets (no expiration) it would be around $1200. I decided not to buy them now, since our next trip won't be until 2009 most likely (maybe one day next year). I can have that $1200 sitting in my bank account accruing 5% interest rather than locked up in tickets.

Please tell me that sounds logical!
TikiG

Sure it makes sense. That way by the time the 2008 & 2009 increases hit your interest will have accrued enough that it won't "break your bank" when you go to withdrawl the money for your tickets...:blush:

DisneyAddict62
08-04-2007, 08:31 PM
I just came back from our local Disney Store and they didn't know anything about the increase! :confused: I told them, they will soon!!

Eeyore's My Favorite
08-04-2007, 09:02 PM
Had heard rumblings that the prices were going to increase so I ran to our local AAA office and purchased our Florida Residents Seasonal Passes on Wednesday. Now I'm glad I did!!! At least when we get there in September I won't have to put out anymore money!! :thumbsup:

Clarabelle Cow
08-04-2007, 11:15 PM
Does this price increase effect people who already have packages booked? We are booked for a trip Nov.8-16th. Will this change our package price?

I am wondering this too. Anyone have the answer?

angedeaile
08-05-2007, 12:47 AM
I am wondering this too. Anyone have the answer?

It stays the same. I read the little writing on my comfirmation paper regarding my room only reservation for January.

"RATE REVISIONS: Room rates and package rates for arrivals on or prior to December 31, 2008, are guaranteed as long as your reservation is not changed. For arrivals after December 31, 2008, deposits or prepayments guarantee room availability only, andrate and package components have not been determined and are subject to change without notice."

So, if you booked your package and don't change anything or rebook....you will be fine.

wizardmickey
08-05-2007, 02:00 AM
Well, I've done this before when the big ticket increase scare was announced, and I've done it again;
2-10 Day Park Hopper/No Expiration Tickets before the deadline:
Subtotal: $871.18
Shipping & Handling: $3.00
Total: $874.18
We still have days left over from our last trip, so unless we just manage to get away multiple times next year, we are set for maybe 2 trips!
I have to wonder now: What if Disney deliberately announces these price increases forcing people like myself to run out and by tickets before the prices increase, therefore driving up ticket sales & then causing profit reports to also look better by the end of the year?

Red Randal
08-05-2007, 02:54 AM
Well, I went out and bought a 2 day park hopper just in case somebody decides to accompany me to the 10th Anniversary in October. If not, then I've got some lower cost tickets for whenever I go again.

disneydude1
08-05-2007, 08:37 AM
I just came back from our local Disney Store and they didn't know anything about the increase! :confused: I told them, they will soon!!

The cast members at Disney Stores have been informed that our ticket prices will be going up on August 8th, so you can still get cheaper tickets at the Disney Store for a few more days. All Disney Store cast members know of the price increase, however we are being highly encouraged to not let guests know of the price increase until it happens.

DisneyDudet
08-05-2007, 09:30 AM
When I heard about the increase yesterday, I went ahead and I bought our tickets for October. Total, for 3 5 day Park Hoppers, we paid $788.97. That includes shipping.

If I had waited and not paid attention, I would now have to pay $833.70. That is a $44.73 savings. It was a matter of hours. Thats a meal or a nice souvie or something.

Man, good thing I'm obsessed and get emails from various Disney planning sites... and check the News forum all the time... otherwise we would have been kicking ourselves!!!

Scar
08-05-2007, 09:45 AM
It's almost like their trying to push the prices to the point of seeing how far the market will allow. That's the way it's supposed to work. :thumbsup:

When my company bids a job, we want to make it as high as possible to make money, while still keeping it low enough to win the job.

DizneyFreak2002
08-05-2007, 11:27 AM
The current economy is the best since '86 as per gdp growth. Unemployment has been under 4.8 % longer now other than only 3 times in the last 80 years. As for the rest of your comments....complete non factual. However, I do respect you as a fellow Intercotee and have agreed with you many many times before.Even though i couldnt disagree more with your economic opinions on this thread. I've found that the standard of living one wants to acheive is entirely up to that person 100%. You cant make any excuses living in this Nation, There is WAY too many economic opportunities. Getting back to Disney though...If they lowered thier ticket prices; I would be worried. That would not be a sign of good health "company wise" :mickey:

All well and good... The ticket price raise is really just a push to see how high they can go... People already say they cannot afford Disney.... My answer to them is, shop around... No matter how high the prices go, if one looks around, you can find good deals out there....

Beach Club Babe
08-05-2007, 11:38 AM
Can anyone answer this?

I have an AP and so does DD who's 4, I have 2 7 day hoppers for 2 of the other kids. DH and another DD are not going this trip.

I had planned on upgrading the 7 day hoppers into 8 day hoppers when I check in on the 12th. The difference used to be about $2 to add a day. Does anyone know how much that would be now that increase has gone into effect?

1EeyoreFan
08-05-2007, 12:26 PM
For those who are interested, the price on the FL Seasonal Pass went up $7.45 per ticket. Glad that it didn't go up more since we plan to upgrade when we get there in Sept.

Tekneek
08-05-2007, 01:01 PM
Prices just keep going up, while Disney only talks about spending money elsewhere. I'm finding very little to be magical about the huge increases over the past couple of years.

Tekneek
08-05-2007, 01:09 PM
I've found that the standard of living one wants to acheive is entirely up to that person 100%. You cant make any excuses living in this Nation, There is WAY too many economic opportunities.

I certainly agree that this sounds good and it would be nice if it were so. Put to scientific study, it doesn't seem to prove to be true from the reading I have done. At best, it is inconclusive whether everybody has the same opportunity for success and control of their quality of life.

Tekneek
08-05-2007, 01:25 PM

Not for me. We aren't going this year and may be pushing a Disneyland trip back at least a couple of more years from next year to 2010.

Except they are outsourcing more and more. Just how much are costs going up then?

Indeed. It is just like that and DIsney has worked hard to break any sort of emotional bond that was making us want to go every year. I know that is the way of business in America. It's not about making profits, it is about making MORE profits. It is about charging people ever increasing amounts of money until they stop coming back and not just covering your expenses.

$14 more than planned? For anybody trying to go on a budget and a family, that increase could be $56 extra than they intended to spend. It may not 'break the bank', but to pretend that is merely pennies is absurd.

You're definitely right on that point.

DizneyRox
08-05-2007, 01:27 PM
I've found that the standard of living one wants to acheive is entirely up to that person 100%. You cant make any excuses living in this Nation, There is WAY too many economic opportunities.
From what I've seen, it's not what you know, it's who you know.

But anyway, getting back on topic... For those looking for tickets now that the prices have gone into effect, check with your local AAA office. A few years back, their price hike went into effect way after the Disney price hike. Those places that buy tickets in bulk seem to be willing to pass the "savings" on until they are forced to buy more tickets at the increased rate.

And for those that raise them immediately, you might want to think about who's best interest they have in mind.

Figment!
08-05-2007, 02:19 PM
**New prices have been added to the original post; as well as, new pass policies.**

tinksmom02
08-05-2007, 10:48 PM
Io, if you booked your package and don't change anything or rebook....you will be fine.

Ok, so I'm safe, but...all those people who bought 1 day passes to get free dining, and were planning to upgrade to AP's when they arrived...they'll beat, right? They will be hit by this big time, am I correct?

DizneyRox
08-06-2007, 06:00 AM
Ok, so I'm safe, but...all those people who bought 1 day passes to get free dining, and were planning to upgrade to AP's when they arrived...they'll beat, right? They will be hit by this big time, am I correct?
Well, the AP will be at the new higher price, but there's really no harm done. The APs are only about $20-25 more per ticket, which in the grand scheme of things ain't all that bad.

I think more people purchased one day tickets because they needed to to get free dining and they already have tickets they want to use.

Crow
08-06-2007, 07:20 AM
Well, the AP will be at the new higher price, but there's really no harm done. The APs are only about $20-25 more per ticket, which in the grand scheme of things ain't all that bad.

I think more people purchased one day tickets because they needed to to get free dining and they already have tickets they want to use.

i got a 9 day hopper as part of this pkg for Sept and was just thinking if i should upgrade when i get there to AP....but it is more $$ and im thinking of Universal now, so mayb only a few Disney days.
i really need to think about going somewhere else as i only spend vacations at WDW

goofyskier
08-06-2007, 10:41 AM
I understand the ticket increase but what really bites is the elimination of the advance ticket savings when you go through the Disney web site. To me it amounts to nothing more than a money grab as they no that people will but the tickets through the web site with or without the discount. As my personnal form of protest, I will be buying my tickets from a cast member during my next trip. It's just the principal of the thing.

DNS
08-06-2007, 01:15 PM
I think an annual pass might be the way to go for us in the future. I'll have to check that out when we run out of days.

krose78
08-06-2007, 01:23 PM
Well at least now you can look up prices for next year now on the Disney Website. I am considering two different times and now at least I can compare them.

disneybob
08-06-2007, 05:54 PM
I fully support Disney's right to set whatever prices they want.

I have 5 children. We have usually take a trip every 2 to 3 years, but with the twice-a-year price increases, my attitude has really soured towards them. I'm finished.

I'm done dumping ever increasing money into the Disney coffers. We'll vacation elsewhere.

Frankly, I hope the incessent price increases back-fire for them and begin driving down attendance.

pixidust1976
08-06-2007, 09:53 PM
I am fairly new here... but there seems to be two things that people gripe about most (myself included).

1. The prices.

2. The crowds.

Well..... as long as there are those HUGE crowds to complain about.... those prices will keep going up... Supply and demand.

I am just so glad that I am getting to go when I am.

I am beating the price increases at BBB when they open the one in the Castle.

I get free dining.

I beat the ticket price increases because I booked before they hiked them.

I just hope my kids realize, that this trip is likely to be their only trip to Disney.

I will be one of those people in the crowds that gets thinned out by the increases... :fit: which works out nicely for the rest of the Disney goers that can afford the prices... four less people in line!!!

Catzle
08-06-2007, 10:29 PM
We have several amusement parks around my area and the prices rarely if ever jump every year. And if they do it would be only a $1 or 2. I don't understand why Disney has to raise prices every year for ticket and room rates and so much. We will still go next year but between the room rate hike and the ticket hike it's going to cost us a couple extra hundred dollars. Very sad!

mttafire
08-07-2007, 12:58 AM
Unless you spend ALOT on your Disney vacation and basically money is no object...The average (on the high side) of this price increase will be .55 per day. Thats right;All the stress and whining this price increase has caused in a miniscule .55 cents per day. That equals out to 200.00 and change for a year. (200.00 seems to be the average added expense per visit for tickets and room).Thats all you'll need to save extra to cancel out this increase in ticket prices. For some folks this increase will total much less.Considering Disney IS a leisure activity for the life of me i just cant understand the complaints. Rest assured I am by no means rich..Firefighters are far from it. If one looks at all the ways we spend our money for un-needed things in life certainly it isnt that difficult to "save" .55 cents per day is it? Using myself as an example..I'll work 7 hours of overtime one day, That would COMPLETELY cover the added expense and then some. Or buy one less Coke per day. Im trying to understand the "issues" with Disney's price increases and i just dont get it. For 94% of Americans that work...They will receive MORE than a .55 cents per day raise this year by FAR..Most will get close to a .55 raise per hour. So really in relative terms it isnt any more to goto Disney..Everything has a way of = out.:thumbsup:

CaptainSad
08-07-2007, 10:16 AM
I still say they are going to price themselves out. Every time the price go's up they will lose customers. It is going to get to where only the rich will be able to afford to go. I think a few more increases will take me out of the picture. With the gas prices rising. My pay doesn't rise as fast as everything else is. When that happens I'll never go back. Think about it Disney:confused:.

poohbear813
08-07-2007, 11:43 AM
I really wish they would do like Busch Gardens and Universal and introduce a pay over time plan. I would love to have APs for my family but this poor teacher doesn't have $1500 bucks to plunk down. We had annual passes for Busch Gardens with all the bells and whistles for $35 a month. That my pocketbook could handle.

But I doubt they will because they don't have to. :(

Tekneek
08-07-2007, 12:54 PM
My pay doesn't rise as fast as everything else is.

That is the real truth for a whole lot of people. The economic reports out there don't really include the true cost of living for the average person. For whatever reason, increases in utilities, gas, etc, seem to be kept off of the table. We don't have a single utility that has not been increasing its rates every quarter over the past couple of years. We're going to be stuck paying Hurricane Katrina gas prices (or higher) from now on. My property taxes are going up, despite no real increase in market value for my property (they are increasing the millage rate, as I recall). We dropped pay-TV service and regular telephone service because they also are increasing rates all the time, despite their costs actually being lower.

I'm not saying Disney can't do whatever they want to do with their prices. I'm not wishing ill will on those who think it is wonderful or can still afford all those luxuries. I have to say that I don't understand this concept that everyone should be happy about it, though. I don't understand the idea that no one is allowed to complain about Disney changing their prices.

The extent of my complaining is that prices keep going up here, while Disney only talks about spending money in other nations. Charge whatever you want to charge, but put the money back into the US parks. Agree with me or not, I don't really care, but I am not interested in paying increasing rates just to please Wall Street and bankroll non-US parks. If they want to convince me that I should be paying more every 6 months or a year for WDW, I don't want to read about anything being on seasonal status or simply boarded up for convention/private party space. I want WDI bringing some of the great innovations we know they are capable of to US parks, instead of getting cheap versions of the better stuff enjoyed elsewhere. They run the US parks as cash cows, trying to "manage" every extra penny out of it. Fine for them, but right now they don't have me convinced that they are worth that money.

carribeanpirate5
08-07-2007, 01:47 PM
Hey there,
I am a Disney Store cast member and was informed that our ticket prices will not be increasing until Tuesday or Wednesday. I did notice that a 3-Day Base Ticket is going up $12 for kids and adults and also and Water Park Fun & More Option tickets will receive an extra day. So for example current tickets are 7-Day Water Park Fun & More with 6 options, the new tickets will include 7 options.

I can post the new prices on here later on... so stay posted.

Yes, I called a Disney Store yesterday and they said their prices had not changed yet. I bought them right away for our trip next week.

DisneyVolFan
08-07-2007, 04:17 PM
I have been reading the boards on this site since my last trip back in April. I have been reading here (and on some "other" sites:blush:) that the increase was on its way:cry: So there I was sitting in front of the computer on Friday evening trying to get my tickets before the new rates went into effect. I got everything from a slow server, even slower refresh times, to the page being down entirely:mad: When I was about to give up all hope I managed to find a link that was still operating and was able to get our 5-day passes for a return trip at the old rates:woohoo:

Now all we have to do is wait...

disneybob
08-07-2007, 04:57 PM
Unless you spend ALOT on your Disney vacation and basically money is no object...The average (on the high side) of this price increase will be .55 per day. Thats right;All the stress and whining this price increase has caused in a miniscule .55 cents per day. That equals out to 200.00 and change for a year. (200.00 seems to be the average added expense per visit for tickets and room).Thats all you'll need to save extra to cancel out this increase in ticket prices. For some folks this increase will total much less.Considering Disney IS a leisure activity for the life of me i just cant understand the complaints. Rest assured I am by no means rich..Firefighters are far from it. If one looks at all the ways we spend our money for un-needed things in life certainly it isnt that difficult to "save" .55 cents per day is it? Using myself as an example..I'll work 7 hours of overtime one day, That would COMPLETELY cover the added expense and then some. Or buy one less Coke per day. Im trying to understand the "issues" with Disney's price increases and i just dont get it. For 94% of Americans that work...They will receive MORE than a .55 cents per day raise this year by FAR..Most will get close to a .55 raise per hour. So really in relative terms it isnt any more to goto Disney..Everything has a way of = out.:thumbsup:

Lets put it this way:

The same ticket (4-day park hopper) in 1999 was $156 now costs $321

For a family of 7 what used to cost $1092 is now $2247 !!

I realize I could drop the no expiration option, but the price is still pushing $2000.

That's a 100% or more increase in 8 years !!

That's 3 to 4 times the rate of inflation over those years. And I suspect the cast members have NOT been seeing 10% + raises every year. I know I haven't.

Vacations are a budgetery item, like everything else, so it really doesn't jive to average it out over the year. Lets look at the budget:

Plane Tickets: ~ $1200
Villa: ~ $700
Rental Van: ~ $300
Disney Tickets : $2247 :eek::eek:

So go ahead and make your own conclusions, but for me, I've had enough....just not worth it anymore.........

Catzle
08-07-2007, 07:05 PM
Yes, $.55 a day isn't a lot of money. But not everyone gets a raise each year or has an opportunity to work OT. Gas prices are soaring along with gas/electric and milk etc. So when Disney is raising prices for tickets and room every year it just doesn't seem right. We love Disney and will go next year regardless of the increase in prices but if they keep this up at some point they WILL start losing people and that would be sad.

Crow
08-07-2007, 07:33 PM
sorry but i agree that every little bit hurts
i go to WDW only becuase i dont go on other vacations and i love it.
but i may not b going as much..
you can still catch up on the new/rehabbed things every few yrs. at least the ones worth catching.
the outgoing $ is more than the incoming.
but we all can voice our opinions here, thats the good thing.
and i am thinking about visiting Universal instead of the whole trip at WDW
or checking out Tokyo DIsney well thats probly a dream..
unless i stop going to WDW.
and i would like to see the CMs gettin some of this (well except for one ex of mine whos there and doesnt even like Disney)

Tekneek
08-07-2007, 07:46 PM
This isn't money for CMs. I expect Disney to outsource even more of them within the next year. It's not even to raise the budget for maintenance or new attractions for WDW. This money is going far away from Orlando.

mttafire
08-07-2007, 09:22 PM
I guess its all a matter of perspective. IMHO, In this Nation we have unlimited ability to make money..period. There is no place on earth like it. The attendence of Disney WILL continue to rise just like it always has and always will. If there is a "WILL there is a WAY" to achieve finacial ability to go to Disney or anywhere else. Im not saying financially speaking that certain "NEEDED" items has'nt gotten a bit more costly. Gas, Milk etc. BUT as a whole inflation is and has been incredibly LOW.
All my point was from the beginning is that the added cost of a Disney vacation relative to all other things in our lives is MINIMAL at worst. Maybe folks could stay at a value resort instead of a moderate..That would offset 2 fold any increase in ticket cost. If folks REALLY want to go to Disney the money will be and can be made or budgeted.:mickey: Anyways, We all love Disney and we will always go back no matter what the cost..ADMIT IT! Regards and Respect to all...Shawn

DisneyDudet
08-07-2007, 09:43 PM
Maybe folks could stay at a value resort instead of a moderate..That would offset 2 fold any increase in ticket cost.

Except for the fact that room rates have increased as well, and now to stay at a value, it costs what it used to cost at a mod. So staying on site (which most prefer to do) has increased even more than just the tickets.

Its easy to say this is a minimal increase when you have money.

This increase does affect those who save up for a year or two and make that very special trip.

I bought our tickets Saturday before the hike. There were 3 adults with 5 day PH and we saved over forty bucks.

I don't think that this will keep us from going, but it will make us try to save money elsewhere even more, or cause us to save more before hand.

I just know that this will cause a strain on a lot of Disney loving families, and that's a very sad thing.

PirateLover
08-08-2007, 12:40 AM
Well I for one am now questioning when my next vacation will be because YES this does put a hurt on my piggy bank.
As a college student, living off of summer job money and Christmas/vacation club funds given to me yearly by my now deceased grandfather, I was able to go on two trips with my BF financed solely on my own. One trip was 3 nights at a value and one was 6 nights at a mod.

But now, I am a college grad, with my own bills to pay and no more grandpop money and I actually got a decrease in pay from my summer job this year. My bf recently had to go on workman's comp due to degenerative disc disease (he's only 24) and now has to rethink his whole career path because he was about to go into the Police Academy.

And when gas in my area is costing my $40+ to fill up my tank, that is less money to put aside for WDW trips. And I can't drive less because I have to get to job interviews in order to even get hired. Could I get a job as a cashier down the street at Target...sure... but I'm a college grad! I worked hard to graduate with a 3.87 GPA in hopes of getting a good career as did my bf, but as someone mentioned earlier in the thread, when it comes to GOOD jobs I'm finding out more and more it's who you know, not what you know or how hard you work for it. And, incidentally, the unemployment rate only takes into account the number of people actively seeking employment and can be a bit deceiving sometimes.

So anyway, will I still be going to Disney, yes. But I will just have to save up for a much longer period, and that is disappointing for me. So I think I'm allowed to be a bit dismayed at all the pricing changes going on right now. (tickets, dining plan, room rates, etc).

Sunshine1010
08-08-2007, 02:13 AM
I don't know who is raising their prices more often:

The Post Office --or-- WDW

Also ----- how much to renew an AP? (I am with DVC too...does that matter?)

disneybob
08-08-2007, 04:47 PM
I guess its all a matter of perspective. IMHO, In this Nation we have unlimited ability to make money..period. There is no place on earth like it. The attendence of Disney WILL continue to rise just like it always has and always will. If there is a "WILL there is a WAY" to achieve finacial ability to go to Disney or anywhere else. Im not saying financially speaking that certain "NEEDED" items has'nt gotten a bit more costly. Gas, Milk etc. BUT as a whole inflation is and has been incredibly LOW.
All my point was from the beginning is that the added cost of a Disney vacation relative to all other things in our lives is MINIMAL at worst. Maybe folks could stay at a value resort instead of a moderate..That would offset 2 fold any increase in ticket cost. If folks REALLY want to go to Disney the money will be and can be made or budgeted.:mickey: Anyways, We all love Disney and we will always go back no matter what the cost..ADMIT IT! Regards and Respect to all...Shawn

I appreciate your optimism, and agree this is a great nation with great earning potential.

The fact that so many can even afford Disney vacations is thanks to a free market economy.

Disney has however had periods of depressed park attendance, typically during economic downturns. The dot-com bust and post 9/11 were periods of lower attendance where Disney offerred special promotions to boost the sagging park numbers.

The last few years however have seen a continually expanding economy, so WDW has enjoyed expanding park attendance allowing them to keep jacking up the prices (good ol' supply/demand).

They do however run the risk of over-pricing thier product to the point where people start saying "Is this really worth it?"

I've reached that point now, and I suspect many others will as well.

Although the increase may not be that high in the over-all scheme of things, most families put a set amount of money aside to budget thier vacation. If they run the numbers and find that Disney tickets would eat up most of thier budget, more and more will be likely to say...."Sorry, but Disneyworld is off the table, anyplace else more reasonable we could go?"

WDWfanatic742
08-08-2007, 05:07 PM
I'm pretty sure that other people have listed other theme park's ticket prices but just incase here some of them are:

Seaworld Orlando - $64.95 adult $53.95 child
Universal Orlando - $64.00 adult $53.00 child
Walt Disney World - $71.00 adult $60.00 child
Busch Gardens Tampa - 61.95 adult 51.95 child

Those are just the four big theme park resort options in Florida. Looking at those, I'd gladly pay a few extra bucks to go to one of Disney's parks then to go the other parks if I only had to go to one.

DisneyDudet
08-08-2007, 05:46 PM
Disney has however had periods of depressed park attendance, typically during economic downturns. The dot-com bust and post 9/11 were periods of lower attendance where Disney offerred special promotions to boost the sagging park numbers.

When we went at that time, it was MUCH better. We got great discounts and the parks were empty.

While the economy is back, I hate what its done to Disney and other things (ehem.. gas prices).

I think greed is getting the best of people. How is it possible that we are paying out the wazoo for gas, not going on vacations, people having to buy smaller cars, etc and the CEO of ExxonMobile is sitting pretty with a multimillion dollar profit and pay raise without greed being the problem?

I see that this will happen to Disney if they aren't careful. They are running away potential loyal customers...

disneybob
08-08-2007, 06:16 PM
I'm pretty sure that other people have listed other theme park's ticket prices but just incase here some of them are:

Seaworld Orlando - $64.95 adult $53.95 child
Universal Orlando - $64.00 adult $53.00 child
Walt Disney World - $71.00 adult $60.00 child
Busch Gardens Tampa - 61.95 adult 51.95 child

Those are just the four big theme park resort options in Florida. Looking at those, I'd gladly pay a few extra bucks to go to one of Disney's parks then to go the other parks if I only had to go to one.

Here are promotion prices:

Sea World / Busch Gardens: 7 day "park hopping" - $85.00

Universal Orlando: 7 day "park hopping" - $85.99

Disneyworld: 7 day "park hopping" - $264.00

Sunshine1010
08-08-2007, 06:55 PM
......SeaWorld huh?....yeah, I like fish.

DisneyDudet
08-08-2007, 08:45 PM

Haha, these places would LOVE for you to come for 7 days and eat their food and buy their stuff.

Too bad they all look boring against Disney.

There is a price for pleasure...

disneybob
08-09-2007, 12:40 AM

Yeah, fish are starting to look pretty interesting to me now, thanks to Disney's money grab.

Let's see, for roughly the same price I can:

Go to 1 Disney park for 1 day...um yeah ride 1 coaster, 1 Safari ride, 1 Water ride, some exhibits, oh, yeah one of them 3D theaters, a show or 2. oops it's 4:00, gotta clear out of the park.

Or,

For 7 consecutive days I can leasurely go back and forth between Sea World and Busch Gardens, ride many different coasters and other rides, see many different shows and other exhibits. Go back for half day's, full days, whatever, not having to rush to get it all in.

Yeah, yeah, fish and african animals, they are looking better and better........

Sunshine1010
08-09-2007, 01:28 AM
For 2 adults, and 1 child:

5 day cruise to Mexico in September 2006 - all inclusive - 400.00
5 day upcoming trip to WDW in October 2007 - no food / room only - 1500.00

....you do the math.

Jakk
08-09-2007, 02:41 AM
Yeah, fish are starting to look pretty interesting to me now, thanks to Disney's money grab.

But Disney rises the admission tickets every year why is this year such a suprise?

Let's see, for roughly the same price I can:
Go to 1 Disney park for 1 day...um yeah ride 1 coaster, 1 Safari ride, 1 Water ride, some exhibits, oh, yeah one of them 3D theaters, a show or 2. oops it's 4:00, gotta clear out of the park.

But do you think the quality is the same compared to Seaworld :sick: , and Bush Gardens? Okay so your telling me that rather any of Bush Gardens, or Seaworld water rides compared to the classic Splash Mountain? Or you can compare any coaster to Expedition Everest? I'm sorry I just can't.....

For 7 consecutive days I can leasurely go back and forth between Sea World and Busch Gardens, ride many different coasters and other rides, see many different shows and other exhibits.

Okay first of all it only takes a 1/2 day to finish Bush Gardens, or Seaworld you see I really don't see the point for being at any of these 2 parks for 7 days! Heck, Universal Studios has all my favorite attractions and has 2 theme parks and a citywalk and I have trouble spending there more than 2-3 days, let alone 7 freakin days! I'm sorry I just don't know how to spend more than 3 days at both of these theme parks but for 7 days!!!

Go back for half day's, full days, whatever, not having to rush to get it all in.

Yeah I'd like the feeling of not have to rush but after the 2nd or 3rd days I'll be board out of mind!

disneybob
08-09-2007, 11:12 AM
I know I'm being kind of hard on Disney.

For the record, I very much enjoy visiting WDW and yes, the experience far surpasses the other theme parks.

So it's not a question of the quality of the experience, it's a question of the "value".

For the first time I am starting to question "what am I really getting for all this money?"

Yes they raise prices every year, even multiple times in a year, but for those of us who can only afford to make the trip every few years, seeing 40% increases in ticket prices from the last time makes one pause. Especially since other aspects of the vacation, plane tickets, villa, rental van have stayed pretty steady.

Scar
08-09-2007, 11:17 AM
We will definitely be going again (and again.)

2 Adults 6 day with Park Hopper = $524
6 nights value during value season and discount rate ($69) = $414

Total = $938

We are not rich, but that is totally doable, and worth it.

Ian
08-09-2007, 01:27 PM
So it's not a question of the quality of the experience, it's a question of the "value".You know I'm normally very hard on Disney, because I expect a lot from them and I feel like lately they really haven't met my expectations in a lot of areas.

That being said ... I think $75 for a day in a Disney theme park is still one of the greatest bargains going. Look what else you can get for that price ...

Concert tickets? They're normally $95 for the cheap seats now and the experience lasts maybe 2 hours? Doing a Disney park can be a 10 or 12 hour day.

Sporting event? Again ... $75 typically buys you one of the worst seats in the house (baseball excluded) and you'll be there for 3 or 4 hours tops.

Heck, even things like museum admissions and lousy theme parks like Six Flags are climbing up these days.

I know people hate to see prices rising, but first off it's silly to focus on the one day prices because how many people here really buy one day passes? I mean a 10 day pass with the Hopper feature AND the Water Parks and More option is like $335. That works out to $35 a day, which is a steal if you ask me.

Or you can go the AP route, which works out to 365 days of admission for just $617. That's a mere $1.69 per day!

mttafire
08-09-2007, 02:06 PM
You know I'm normally very hard on Disney, because I expect a lot from them and I feel like lately they really haven't met my expectations in a lot of areas.

That being said ... I think $75 for a day in a Disney theme park is still one of the greatest bargains going. Look what else you can get for that price ...

Concert tickets? They're normally $95 for the cheap seats now and the experience lasts maybe 2 hours? Doing a Disney park can be a 10 or 12 hour day.

Sporting event? Again ... $75 typically buys you one of the worst seats in the house (baseball excluded) and you'll be there for 3 or 4 hours tops.

Heck, even things like museum admissions and lousy theme parks like Six Flags are climbing up these days.

I know people hate to see prices rising, but first off it's silly to focus on the one day prices because how many people here really buy one day passes? I mean a 10 day pass with the Hopper feature AND the Water Parks and More option is like $335. That works out to $35 a day, which is a steal if you ask me.

Or you can go the AP route, which works out to 365 days of admission for just $617. That's a mere $1.69 per day!
Agreed 100%..If i may also add, I believe Disney IS not only VERY affordable but a GREAT value! Ian you gave perfect examples of other entertainment costs.:thumbsup:

Hammer
08-09-2007, 04:54 PM
Ian, the majority of the American public has already cut out those entertainment costs which you listed. The problem with the increases which Disney keeps making every 6 months is that the majority of people are not getting increases in pay which would keep a WDW vacation from being an affordable vacation destination. Let’s say a person gets a 2% raise. From that 2% increase, people have to cover increased costs for health insurance, property taxes (if they are fortunate enough to own a home) and increases in other necessities. You downplay the cost of a trip to Six Flags, but for many people it is a much more affordable trip for a family as they do not have the extra cost of traveling great distances and accommodations. To go to Six Flags is a great luxury for many! Because for many people,they may now only have $1000 for a family trips for the year where they used to have $1500-2000 just a couple of years ago. Yes, you lose the theming of a Disney Park, but for a large percentage of people, the difference in cost isn’t close to make a Disney vacation a “good value”.

Look, I am exceptionally fortunate in that I make a very good living and make more than your average person (man or woman) makes in their mid to late 30’s, so I have more disposable income, especially since I do not have any dependents. But, I also realize I am in the minority and want the gap between the “haves” and “have nots” to stop growing wider.

I really think, though, that next year my sister and I will only go to WDW for a 3 day weekend to enjoy the Food and Wine festival. We will stay at the Swan and Dolphin, as we are eligible for room discounts and pay out of pocket for meals as the Dining Plan has lost a lot of its value with the removal of the appetizer. The tip removal is not a problem for me as we almost always tip at least 20% anyway. This will be a better value for us and we’ll spend more of our vacation dollars on vacation somewhere else. Now that my Mom is in much better health, she and Dad are back to traveling to different places like we did when I was younger and they are encouraging us to do the same once again. Still have a lot of places and things to do to cover some of the things in the book “1,000 places to see before I die” ;).

Sunshine1010
08-09-2007, 06:44 PM
Hammer ---

I can understand what you are saying:

My husband gets a raise every year from his full-time job. One week later...right on schedule.... we get notice that our medical insurance is going up the same amount (difference is within pennies).

So --- in 6 years, he hasn't gotten a 'raise'.

Make sense?

We're still living off the same income he made in the year 2001.

Victor Kelly
08-09-2007, 10:16 PM
I think that if the increase is to put on better staff, and maintain everything better within the parks, then it is money well spent. However if it is juast a move to improve the stockholdings more then no way.

Yes Disney is a business. But what bewsides a mouse can they offer me? Here in Baltimore I have access to 2 close parks; Hershey and six Flags. Two other parks Kingsdominion and Busch Gardens. All within a 1 -3 hour driving distance. What does Disney have over the other places except it takes more money for about the some thing that Disney offers.

I know people will burn me at the stake for this, but I had more fun at Universal, IOA and Sea World than I did at Disney

Jakk
08-10-2007, 01:12 AM
I know people will burn me at the stake for this, but I had more fun at Universal, IOA and Sea World than I did at Disney

What happend that made you like all the other parks than Disney? Is it because all the other parks cost cheaper than Disney World or you had a bad time in terms of attractions and overall experience? Nothing against Sea World, Universal, or IOA but none of these parks have that WOW magical feeling factor! I spend a considerable amount of money to go to to Disney World and always gets my money's worth. If I want thrills and preatty good attractions I get my fix in Cedar Point, if I want magic and a wow fator I go to Disney World!

Tekneek
08-10-2007, 02:48 PM
For me, a series of bad experiences with multiple levels of Disney employees on our last trip, combined with rates going up twice a year with attractions shuttered/placed on seasonal status, has made it very hard for me to see/believe in any of the "magic." The cold reality that Disney is just another company trying to shake me down for as much of my money as possible has set in.

Jakk
08-10-2007, 03:28 PM
For me, a series of bad experiences with multiple levels of Disney employees on our last trip,

That's so funny because out of the 11 years I've been going to WDW not once I have ever had bad experience with a cast member. But it's proabley just bad luck!

combined with rates going up twice a year

But it's logic sence if the attendance is going up the you raise your prices, if your attendace is down then you decrease your prices...

with attractions shuttered/placed on seasonal status,

Which attraction are shutterd or even on seasonal stautus? Because I don't know any of them..

has made it very hard for me to see/believe in any of the "magic." The cold reality that Disney is just another company trying to shake me down for as much of my money as possible has set in.

Isn't that how it's always been?

mttafire
08-10-2007, 03:45 PM
Disney attendence is WAY UP. Profit is way up. When these two things happen prices ALWAYS go up. Its called supply and demand. It is just they way things work.I've said it before i'll say it again. Disney..IMHO, is better than ever on all levels.I have never had a bad experience nor noticed a bad C.M. We goto Disney every 2-3 years. I certainly dont look for issues to complain about (which its obvious some do). We are just plain happy to be there and have NEVER been let down in any way. The price to play is a bit more expensive at Disney. I say..Its WELL worth it. The whole Disney vacation destination is second to none in this paradigm. :thumbsup: Disney may NOT be affordable to EVERYONE. That is NOT a bad thing. There are things in life i cannot afford but thats just the way it is..Tough for me. I dont want Disney "cheapend" Nothing in life that it free or "cheap" is very worthwhile or nice. Disney has a price point that works VERY well. Obviously they know what they're doing cause the proof is in the numbers. For every person that will "stop" going to Disney there will be another that will go. I will take my family to Disney every 2-3 years. As a DAD its MY responsibility to provide and be able to do that. Sorry for the rant...We just love Disney!:mickey:

Sunshine1010
08-10-2007, 03:53 PM
I guess we can relate it to this:

Once upon a time, there was a thing called CABBAGE PATCH KIDS. All the kids wanted them. Parents went crazy to get them. And the cost ---- back then ---- was unbelievable. Television stations had coverage of the near-panic crowds going into Toy Stores to get them for Christmas.

Now.... - that they are UNpopular - the same doll can't sell at a Goodwill store for $2.00.

Supply and demand.

The end.

Scar
08-10-2007, 03:55 PM
Disney attendence is WAY UP. Profit is way up. When these two things happen prices ALWAYS go up. Its called supply and demand. It is just they way things work.I've said it before i'll say it again. Disney..IMHO, is better than ever on all levels.I have never had a bad experience nor noticed a bad C.M. We goto Disney every 2-3 years. I certainly dont look for issues to complain about (which its obvious some do). We are just plain happy to be there and have NEVER been let down in any way. The price to play is a bit more expensive at Disney. I say..Its WELL worth it. The whole Disney vacation destination is second to none in this paradigm. :thumbsup: Disney may NOT be affordable to EVERYONE. That is NOT a bad thing. There are things in life i cannot afford but thats just the way it is..Tough for me. I dont want Disney "cheapend" Nothing in life that it free or "cheap" is very worthwhile or nice. Disney has a price point that works VERY well. Obviously they know what they're doing cause the proof is in the numbers. For every person that will "stop" going to Disney there will be another that will go. I will take my family to Disney every 2-3 years. As a DAD its MY responsibility to provide and be able to do that. Sorry for the rant...We just love Disney!:mickey:Well said. :thumbsup:

Paradigm?

mttafire
08-10-2007, 04:19 PM
Well said. :thumbsup:

Paradigm?
Thanks, LOL...Paradigm..I think i used this word properly.:blush: Doesnt it mean "medium or pattern,type of?".

Jakk
08-10-2007, 04:27 PM
Disney attendence is WAY UP. Profit is way up. When these two things happen prices ALWAYS go up. Its called supply and demand. It is just they way things work.I've said it before i'll say it again. Disney..IMHO, is better than ever on all levels.I have never had a bad experience nor noticed a bad C.M. We goto Disney every 2-3 years. I certainly dont look for issues to complain about (which its obvious some do). We are just plain happy to be there and have NEVER been let down in any way. The price to play is a bit more expensive at Disney. I say..Its WELL worth it. The whole Disney vacation destination is second to none in this paradigm. Disney may NOT be affordable to EVERYONE. That is NOT a bad thing. There are things in life i cannot afford but thats just the way it is..Tough for me. I dont want Disney "cheapend" Nothing in life that it free or "cheap" is very worthwhile or nice. Disney has a price point that works VERY well. Obviously they know what they're doing cause the proof is in the numbers. For every person that will "stop" going to Disney there will be another that will go. I will take my family to Disney every 2-3 years. As a DAD its MY responsibility to provide and be able to do that. Sorry for the rant...We just love Disney!

I agree with you a 100%:thumbsup: It's kinda like the Playstation 3 there's not a demand for it so they decrease there prices, it's pure marketing!

mcjaco
08-10-2007, 04:50 PM
The cold reality that Disney is just another company trying to shake me down for as much of my money as possible has set in.

My gripe with all these arguments is that the price is only going to hit you the hardest if you buy the 1-3 day passes. Once you get past the third day, the savings are immense. It's Disney's whole point. Get you to stay at their parks, and not wander off to Sea World or USH/IOA.

I know as a consumer, I'd look at the prices and say, "To heck with this, I'm staying at Disney for more days, it's more of a bargain the longer I stay."

Hammer
08-10-2007, 04:54 PM
Definition of Paradigm-an example that serves as a pattern or model for something, especially one that forms the basis of a methodology or theory.

Shawn, I think you were fine using that word ;)

I think we are just going to have to agree to disagree on this topic. Yes, attendance is up, but if they keep changing pavilions to convention spaces, how long will the growth be sustained? They are turning one of my favorite parks (Epcot) into a convention facility! For the record, I've not had any bad CM experiences, so I can not speak of that issue. I just think they (Corporate) keep chipping away at the value of an extended WDW vacation. Of course a WDW is not and probably will never be affordable for everyone, but the number of people who can afford to vacation there is going to be shrinking in the near future as the prices keep going up. Before you bring up the low unemployment rate, the jobs which were created to achieve that rate are minimum wage jobs, a segment of the population which is unlikely to be able to afford a WDW vacation.

As I said in my earlier post, I can easily afford to travel to WDW multiple times a year. These changes have reopened my eyes that I have allowed myself to become too parochial in my vacation choices and I can have an equally enjoyable vacation in many destinations worldwide.

Oh, and let's not go there with the man's responsibilities, because that could start me on a whole other discussion ;)...

Catzle
08-10-2007, 05:34 PM
Has Disney ever lowered their park ticket prices? I've only been going for 4 years now so that's all I know.

Jakk
08-10-2007, 05:49 PM
They are turning one of my favorite parks (Epcot) into a convention facility!

How??? The only covention facilty is WoL (for the time being, it's not like it's gonna be like that forever), and the oddessy resturant. I think your overacting entirely, besides the convention places brings TONS of money...

DisneyDudet
08-10-2007, 06:03 PM
How??? The only covention facilty is WoL (for the time being, it's not like it's gonna be like that forever), and the oddessy resturant. I think your overacting entirely, besides the convention places brings TONS of money...

Money we probably won't see used at Epcot (the WS needs some help), nor will it reduce the cost of ANYTHING.

So, what does that money have to do with US?

DizneyRox
08-10-2007, 06:50 PM
There's also the Millennium Village which is HUGE! So, there is precedent for converting attractions to convention space.

Maybe that's part of the Oct 1st Announcement? A new pavillion? Spit it out!

Tekneek
08-10-2007, 06:54 PM
That's so funny because out of the 11 years I've been going to WDW not once I have ever had bad experience with a cast member. But it's proabley just bad luck!

When we needed assistance the most because of a theft on property of a camera, we got worse treatment than we could have ever imagined. First, the CMs we spoke with were suddenly worthless when we had a real problem. Disney Security came out and acted as if we had done something wrong and needed to be treated awfully for it. Finally, Orange County PD came out and acted like tremendous jerks about it. From the first CMs we talked with, through their manager, through Security, they treated us like they'd rather we hung ourselves than tried to get assistance and reported this incident. I will never forget what that was like. Despite it, we've warmed to the idea that we might go back to WDW someday.

But it's logic sence if the attendance is going up the you raise your prices, if your attendace is down then you decrease your prices...

So? It doesn't mean that rising prices won't influence my economic choices. Rising prices are good for Disney, not good for me.

Which attraction are shutterd or even on seasonal stautus? Because I don't know any of them..

Wonders of Life is the prominent one currently, which includes Body Wars, Cranium Command, and at one time Making of Me.

Isn't that how it's always been?

I always thought Disney was good at not making you feel like they were after your money. I definitely feel like they are interested in money first and foremost these days and don't mind telling the world. That's certainly not very magical. Any business in the world can do that.

Jakk
08-10-2007, 10:00 PM
Money we probably won't see used at Epcot (the WS needs some help), nor will it reduce the cost of ANYTHING.

How? They updated rides like Granfiesta Tour, and O'Canada instead of keeping them very outdated. Plus who said that WS won't get any money spent there's plans for a E-ticket attraction and a new country in the near future (3-5 years) so saying money isn't getting spent in WS is a lie...

When we needed assistance the most because of a theft on property of a camera, we got worse treatment than we could have ever imagined. First, the CMs we spoke with were suddenly worthless when we had a real problem. Disney Security came out and acted as if we had done something wrong and needed to be treated awfully for it. Finally, Orange County PD came out and acted like tremendous jerks about it. From the first CMs we talked with, through their manager, through Security, they treated us like they'd rather we hung ourselves than tried to get assistance and reported this incident. I will never forget what that was like. Despite it, we've warmed to the idea that we might go back to WDW someday.

But a bad experience shouldn't stop you from going. I'm sorry somthing like that happend but I can't relate to your experience...

So? It doesn't mean that rising prices won't influence my economic choices. Rising prices are good for Disney, not good for me.

No offence but when did Disney care about one single person?

Wonders of Life is the prominent one currently, which includes Body Wars, Cranium Command, and at one time Making of Me.

But to the average guest it meant nothing! When the pavillion was open in the past winters I only saw 3-5 people in all the time's I've been there. So whats the point of keeping a pavillion open that means nothing to the average guest, besides in my opinion the pavillion was very outdated and the attraction were medicore...

Tekneek
08-11-2007, 12:34 AM
But to the average guest it meant nothing! When the pavillion was open in the past winters I only saw 3-5 people in all the time's I've been there. So whats the point of keeping a pavillion open that means nothing to the average guest, besides in my opinion the pavillion was very outdated and the attraction were medicore...

So, with profits moving up and prices moving up, why not update it instead of mothballing it?

disneybob
08-11-2007, 05:11 AM
Walt Disney was an incredible visionary.

Build it, and build it like no place else on earth, and they WILL come. That's the magic of Disney.

It just so happens it was also a fantastic business decision. But Walt wasn't driven by profit/loss and balance sheets, he was driven by his vision. He had alot of "business" types continually trying to reigh him in, saying it's too expensive and too great a risk, but he forged ahead proving them wrong every time.

One thing you could never accuse Walt of was mediocrity. Walt never did anything mediocre.

I fear Disney is now run by business people. That's why you get mediocre rather than spectacular improvements to the parks.

I've heard many people say "Epcot is boring now".

But, I've seen some of the Epcot pavilion plans that never made it passed the business people. They were incredible!! Mission Space is only a shadow of it's original plans...again reigned in by the business people...too expensive...too risky. So what do we get...mediocre.

Disneyworld is like no other place on earth, but it is losing it's magic, milking Walt's vision to the last drop. They need a visionary at the head.

There should be massive investments going into the parks, not just new attractions, but whole new areas to handle many more guests. Unique and immersive rides, not just glorified roller coasters.

I would be happy paying the the rising prices if that were happenning, but it's not.

Tekneek
08-11-2007, 06:55 AM
I would be happy paying the the rising prices if that were happenning, but it's not.

Indeed. For now they seem to be able to bank on their reputation, but I think it will eventually catch up to them. For the most part they have been able to maintain the illusion that they are actually trying to do things the way Walt would, but it will get harder as they continue to try and drive down quality of products and services in favor of quantity of dollars.

PirateLover
08-11-2007, 05:35 PM

I happen to think that Body Wars and Cranium Command are excellent attractions. Let's think of the reasons why people weren't at the pavilion... hmm... could it possibly be that it isn't even on the MAP anymore? The only reason we even bothered checking it out in the winter of '05 was because we had read here on Intercot that it MIGHT be opened. Other than that there was nothing to indicate to the average passerby, especially one who had never been to WDW, that this pavilion even existed.

disneybob
08-12-2007, 12:08 AM
Rising prices are good for Disney, not good for me.

Exactly!!

If Disney's success in park attendance is only resulting in higher prices without a commensurate increase in quality of experience, then it's a bad deal for the me the consumer.

It used to warm my heart when Disney did well, but no longer, it's only making them fat and complacent. Give me the day's when they were struggling, it was then I got special deals and promotions, bending over backwards to please thier guests....now they don't have to.

I'm convinced if they continue on this short sighted path, they will eventually pay for it with declining numbers.

If they keep (only yearly) raising prices at this rate, in 5 short years a single day, single park ticket will be over $100.

LaDracul
08-14-2007, 04:22 PM
There is good news, though I'm not sure if it's been mentioned.

Even though the tickets have gone up for the parks in other outlets, the discount price of AAA is the same as it was for the time being. The rep told me she doesn't know when they're raising it, but I do suggest that if you're an AAA member, get it soon!

DizneyRox
08-14-2007, 04:46 PM
There is good news, though I'm not sure if it's been mentioned.

Even though the tickets have gone up for the parks in other outlets, the discount price of AAA is the same as it was for the time being. The rep told me she doesn't know when they're raising it, but I do suggest that if you're an AAA member, get it soon!
Yes, I've mentioned this, somewhere on page 3. This happened last time they did the price increase as well. When you buy in bulk, you enjoy the price savings until they run out. Some less scrupulous ticket brokers could increase accordingly and just pocket the extra.

goofyskier
08-20-2007, 04:50 PM
I spoke to a cast member about the dicountinuation of the advance purchase discount when purchasing on-line. Per the cast member; the discount was dicountinued because of the confusion it caused individuals that wanted to upgrade there pre-purchased tickets when they got to WDW. Basically, when you went to change add an option on the pre-purchased ticket at the gate, Disney would charge you the addtional cost of the add-on plus, the amount that was originally saved. This as you can imagine got some people a litlle mad.

While understand the explination I am still not very happy with the elimination of the advance purchase savings option. My felling is you should know what you are buying in the first place and these people that need to add on after the fact should be charged. Disney should have done a better job of explaining this to the customer.

Tekneek
09-01-2007, 11:36 AM
Basically, when you went to change add an option on the pre-purchased ticket at the gate, Disney would charge you the addtional cost of the add-on plus, the amount that was originally saved. This as you can imagine got some people a litlle mad.

Companies use this concept often. We've done away with your financial savings to save the confusion that some experienced when making changes. They could have simply included the information with the existing pricing structure, but it is always fun to spin the removal of a discount as an extra convenience for the customer (instead of a money grab, which is the truth of it).