PDA

View Full Version : Labor Day

JoDisney
08-03-2007, 07:14 PM
How busy are the parks on Labor Day Weekend? Here at Info Central, it says "good time to go."

KAJUNKING
08-03-2007, 07:27 PM
we were there last labor day and i dont remember it being bad, but i know as that week went on the crowds got better and better, thats why this year we moved our trip to the 13th

jszczur5
08-03-2007, 11:39 PM
We were at MK on the Sunday of last Labour Day weekend. It was an EME, pouring rain, and the crowds were horrendous! My husband said that in all of his trips, that was the most crowded it had ever been. We will be at Disney during the same time this year, and my husband said absolutely no way is he going to MK's EME on Labour Day weekend again. I have booked the 9:30 seating at the Hoop-Dee-Doo Review that evening to remove all temptation.
Keep in mind that the free DDP is taking place over that weekend, so the crowds may be quite large. Free DDP this year was only offered for 1/2 the length of time as last year, so it may be even busier.
I made all of our ADR's back in April, and even then, I was unable to book some restaurants at our preferred eating times. We are eating at 5:10 one night, and 5:20 the next. All other times for those two nights were booked.

Donalds Duckie
08-04-2007, 09:13 PM
I'll be at WDW for an extended Labor Day weekend trip. I, too, am steering clear of MK on Sunday, Sept. 2. I'll do other parks but not MK.

I was at WDW Memorial Day weekend, Fri.-Mon. Friday was the least crowded I'd ever seen CBR check-in, the Studios and Boardwalk area. Saturday we stayed ahead of schedule all day and repeated a few rides. Then came Sunday at MK. It was the most crowded day I'd ever personally experienced at MK. We stayed from opening ceremony to almost closing but we after 11 a.m. our itinerary was useless. We waited 45 min. in the FP line for BMTR! Monday was AK morning, DTD for lunch and shopping, then off to the airport. I have friends that live in Orlando area, went to MK on Monday (Memorial Day itself) and said the MK wasn't bad at all.

So, for my longer Labor Day trip, I won't be going to MK on Sunday. I'm going to P&P Party, Monday night, 9/3!

But, no matter what, we'll be at WDW!!!:mickey:

JoDisney
08-05-2007, 10:19 AM
We live in Florida, so go alot. I have reservations for then, just for a long weekend. We never go to MK, except in the evening, especially go for the late evening entrance hours. We never do the early morning entrance hours, we don't need to because of living in Florida. I think we will be okay. We just wanted a long weekend, as school starts the end of August and wanted to grab some time. Thanks.

Jen C.
08-05-2007, 10:30 AM
If you are going over Labor Day, as we are~please don't let these posts freak you out. In truth, the MK on any weekend during EMH is quite busy. Last year, we went the week after Labor Day. We NEVER experienced any waits,or crowds. However, one night, when it was pouring rain, we set out for EMH at MK. Pure insanity. It was so much more crowded that rainy night then it ever was during the day. I'll never do evening EMH at MK again. If I were judging crowds based on that alone, yes I would say craziness. But truly, that is not a reliable gauge of crowd levels throughout the weekend throughout the parks. Hope that eases your mind a little. Enjoy your trip:thumbsup:

wdw_bound
08-05-2007, 10:43 AM
We arrived the Saturday of Labor Day weekend last year. It wasn't too bad, although the first 90 minutes of EMH at MK that Sunday were a little hectic. The biggest line was for POTC, but they had only recently reopened it after adding Jack Sparrow, so that could explain it too.

We stayed at WL, and our biggest crowd problem was actually at the pool that weekend. It was very crowded. Have a great trip!

TheRustyScupper
08-05-2007, 11:09 AM
1) It is a pleasant surprise.
2) Memorial Day and Labor Day are not too crowded.
3) The reason is quite simple.
4) School.
5) In one case is isn't over.
6) On the other case, it just started.
7) Few parents take kids out just before to end or just after start.

AllDisney
08-05-2007, 01:30 PM
I am hoping that our trip planned for Labor Day week isn't bad. I always think MK is, on a regular basis, the busiest park of all. I anticipate crowds all the time at this park.

Having read past posts about this time of year I am looking forward to WDW being less crowded as the week progresses.