PDA

View Full Version : Universe of energy HELP!

EmmMOM2
08-03-2007, 03:22 PM
Its been awhile since i've been on this ride with. I remember the beginning "movie type part with ellen and bill nye as being somewhat lengthy. Would be preschoolers enjoy this ride?? I do remember the dinosaur part but not much...this is a slow moving ride through time correct???

dog-ears
08-03-2007, 03:31 PM
The movie part is kind of long and I think preschoolers would probably not be interested at all (nap time?). The part where the aisles split apart and become "cars" and then move through a dark prehistoric jungle with dinosaurs does move slow but I think this part would be scary for anyone under 5 or so - I have heard little kids screaming in this part. Some of the dinosaurs "spit" at you and Ellen is being chased/hunted by them.

All in all, I wouldn't recommend this ride for preschoolers.

magicman
08-03-2007, 03:41 PM
I wouldn't recommend this ride for anyone (especially pre-schoolers). It is the only ride at WDW that I would say this about.

Sadly, this was a pretty good attraction when EPCOT was relatively new, but since they made it into a game show with Ellen, it is pure torture.

It seems like an energy company would want to partner up with Disney to make this something great, but I guess they don't have the revenue for this kind of thing.;)

Jakk
08-03-2007, 04:29 PM
I wouldn't recommend this ride for anyone (especially pre-schoolers). It is the only ride at WDW that I would say this about.

Well I love this ride and so do many other people. The veicheles alway have (about full rows) so yeah I guess it's your opinion. But I can't believe when you say not to see EEA. I think you should of mentioned JIYI now EVERYBODY would agree on this...

Sadly, this was a pretty good attraction when EPCOT was relatively new, but since they made it into a game show with Ellen, it is pure torture.

Preatty good!? This ride was a snoozefest nothing was intersting about this! When added Bill, and Ellen it gave this attraction more excitment. An it's not purely based on a game show....

It seems like an energy company would want to partner up with Disney to make this something great, but I guess they don't have the revenue for this kind of thing.

lol "Disney dosn't have the revenue..:funny:
Why change this ride when Ellen is at top of her career? I think you just don't like Ellen in general....

Its been awhile since i've been on this ride with. I remember the beginning "movie type part with ellen and bill nye as being somewhat lengthy. Would be preschoolers enjoy this ride?? I do remember the dinosaur part but not much...this is a slow moving ride through time correct???

I personally think the pre-schoolers would enjoy this. I think they'll mainly find this attraction for a nap.

magicman
08-03-2007, 04:33 PM
Well I love this ride and so do many other people. The veicheles alway have (about full rows) so yeah I guess it's your opinion. But I can't believe when you say not to see EEA. I think you should of mentioned JIYI now EVERYBODY would agree on this...

Preatty good!? This ride was a snoozefest nothing was intersting about this! When added Bill, and Ellen it gave this attraction more excitment. An it's not purely based on a game show....

lol "Disney dosn't have the revenue..:funny:
Why change this ride when Ellen is at top of her career? I think you just don't like Ellen in general....

I personally think the pre-schoolers would enjoy this. I think they'll mainly find this attraction for a nap.

Hmmm. Sounds like you have a different opinion than I do. That's what makes the world go 'round.:thumbsup:

Donald A
08-03-2007, 04:50 PM
I enjoy this attraction. For adults, the movie moves pretty fast and is interesting. Though I do not have kids yet, I imagine this attraction would be torture for a young child as it is not easy to just walk off of it (I don't know if you even can). It is like a 45 minute attraction.

Anborn
08-03-2007, 04:54 PM
Its a must do in the middle of the day. Don't go there first.

If you are little, you'll sleep and enjoy the nap.
If you are old enough to make it through the movies without falling asleep, you'll enjoy the dino part of the ride.
If you are old enough to enjoy the movie part, you'll enjoy the dino part.
If you are old enough but don't like the movie, or the dino part.... who cares? Its a good airconditioned space to chill while you gather your energy for the rest of your day.

That said, I like the ride... Feel the flow... here we go.... in the Universe... of Energy.

SBETigg
08-03-2007, 04:55 PM
This is not a great attraction for preschoolers, in my opinion. It's very long and requires some patience. I like it, but I did like it a lot more before the Ellen- Bill Nye update. Not that I don't like Ellen and Bill, but it felt more authentic and atmospheric in the past. The intro and finale is better post-Ellen, but the dinosaur part really suffers from their inclusion.

andreallybadeggs
08-03-2007, 05:04 PM
We just returned from the world about a week and, actually, one of our biggest disappointments was that we did not have time to do this ride. We loved it last time we visited-- Ellen absolutely cracked us up-- had it on our must do list for this trip-- then read the sign that it was 45 mins and realized we'd miss a prearranged meeting time with our group so couldn't.
Sure didn't remember it taking that long which indicates that we had a good time, right?
Anyway-- that being said, I will agree that this is more geared to older kids and adults so it might not be for you. Have a great time!

CM~Mserrano
08-03-2007, 08:50 PM
While I agree that it probably isn't the best ride for young children, if you have kids that cal sleep through some VERY loud moments then it is a good place for them to nap. I remember as a kid being very scared of the dinos, but enjoying the movie, and this was pre-ellen. I persoanlly always loved this attraction, before and after the change. It is definately a great place to relax for a bit and get some much needed A/C.

chrisb26
08-04-2007, 01:22 AM
Well I love this ride and think its very funny personally however I am not sure it would be good for a preschooler. It is long and can be very loud. Which can be a problem for some kids. It is even worse is that you can't leave once it starts so you are stuck. They might like the part when your going through the forest with the dinosaurs that would probably be neat for a little kid however the video parts would probably be boring for them. I would say if they can sleep though the very loud parts then probably but if not then I wouldn't bring them on.

Sneaky Pete
08-05-2007, 01:05 AM
is a good ride for preschoolers. The dinosaurs ar sort of intense and close for kids.

phillydan
08-05-2007, 12:39 PM
Preschoolers will not enjoy this ride; it is very long and you are committed for 45 minutes once it starts. Great for naps or to escape the heat /afternoon rain shower in the summer.