PDA

View Full Version : Ticket Discounts?

4littleboys
08-03-2007, 01:37 PM
I thought that a read somewhere that historically Disney had offered ticket specials in off season. Specifically that in the winter they sometimes offer free water park features. Can anyone give me more info on this? I have heard that ticket prices will increase this month so I think that I should buy my tickets for January now but if they will be offering free water park options later that may be a better way to go.

Thanks!!!

DizneyRox
08-03-2007, 03:45 PM
Personally, I wouldn't wait on purchasing tickets. Aprice increase could easily eat into any potential savings. Too many variables:

a. No guarantee they will offer it.
b. Might need to be part of a package
c. Price increases
d. Any combination of the above.

I always recommend to anyone to buy tickets as early as you can afford them. The only time I would wait is if a park is opening soon, as they usually restrict tickets to just the park that are open for business when the ticket was purchased. So, MK, Epcot, MGM, and AK. If the villian Park was due to open in January, then I would wait until January to purchase any tickets.

BTW - There isn't another park opening for a long time, so ignore what I just said.

lockedoutlogic
08-03-2007, 06:05 PM
I think the days of the "free" or discounted tickets are squarely in the rear view mirror....

WDW business is so good...why would they need to give away free tickets?

While i know they did in the past....it has been at least 7 years since i've heard of general ticket deals to the public....usually just discounts to specific groups....military...teachers...travel employees...etc.