PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for a new value resort

aprilshowers93
08-03-2007, 01:19 AM
I was just wondering if any one had a great idea for a new themed value resort. I think Popcentury phase 2 is started, but any new theme ideas?

snifflesmcg
08-03-2007, 01:56 AM
I can't wait to see what other people are going to write.

The possibilites are endless. We already have Movies, Music and Sports along with each decade.
So, I know some ideas (on here at least) have been passed around already.
Here is a list I could think of

-Princess theme (each building a new princess)

-Pirate theme (can you imagine a giant ship?)

-Mickey Mouse and friends (this could go two ways, either dedicate each building to, let's say Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Donald)
OR they could do Mickey Mouse throughout the years. Starting with Steamboat Willie and go from there

-Vehicles (cars, fire trucks, ambulances, cop cars, you get the idea)

-Food (I can just see the decor done in apples or cupcakes)

How'd I do?

llamaface
08-03-2007, 07:10 AM
I don't have a theming idea - however, my wish is that they would make a new value resort that would accomodate 5. Not suites (we don't need or use a kitchen), something along the same order/size of POR AB. It would be nice to have the opportunity to save some $$, just like families w/ four or less.

PS - how about a villains theme??

DisneyDudet
08-03-2007, 07:40 AM
I think a resort that showcases countries would be fun, like at Epcot.

They could use those countries or others....

I would LOVE to stay in the French section!

playdead88
08-03-2007, 07:41 AM
i think the pirate and princess theme is awesome and there could be some added princess dining and how cool would pirate character dining be?! something for the boys and the girls - but what about a star wars theme that included star wars character dining?!

i could sleep in a space ship :darth:

jwallace378
08-03-2007, 10:14 AM
I'd like to see a moderate or a deluxe Far East theme. A western/cowboy resort would be cool as well.

BigRedDad
08-03-2007, 11:09 AM
I would love a Villain themed resort.

Tink#64
08-03-2007, 03:01 PM
My DS-11 just said he would really like a villians theme also!
:jack: :malef: :ccat:

mook3y
08-03-2007, 04:30 PM
My 3 and 5 yo both say they need a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse hotel.

lockedoutlogic
08-03-2007, 05:57 PM
I don't think you'll see another disney owned-themed value resort for many years to come....

The western way project has pretty much spelled that one out.

Theming is gonna be limited to DVC locations for quite sometime...

IloveDisney71
08-03-2007, 08:57 PM
Well, if they ever get around to building more value resorts...I put my vote in for the previously mentioned Princess & Pirates resort and a Villian resort. I think both of those are great ideas.

emmingo
08-03-2007, 09:38 PM
Oooo...a real life Tower of Terror hotel.

I wouldn't sleep at ALL, but it would be fantastic!

LottaLubes
08-04-2007, 07:34 PM
I don't have a theming idea - however, my wish is that they would make a new value resort that would accomodate 5. Not suites (we don't need or use a kitchen), something along the same order/size of POR AB. It would be nice to have the opportunity to save some $$, just like families w/ four or less.

I couldn't agree with this more.

And I would love to see a Pirates theme!

Wolf
08-05-2007, 12:18 AM
My DS-11 just said he would really like a villians theme also!
:jack: :malef: :ccat:

Yall are after my own heart I believe! A villian resort would have 2 women from Alabama signed up right away!!! I also like the idea of the Pirate and Princess resort would be really great but OMG Villians...Wow. :malef: Toooo awesome!!!

goofygirl67
08-05-2007, 08:37 AM
I love the Villians, SW, Pirates themes, but what about one that is from my favorite time of year.....Christmas :snowman::santa::grinch:

aprilshowers93
08-05-2007, 12:48 PM
Some really cool ideas. I think a moderate pirates resort would be better because they could do more with theming. And I would LOVE it!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!! As far as value resorts go I love the idea of disney characters such as donald daisy mickey minnie and goofy areas, but I also LOVE the idea of Mickey through the years. I hope they make some resort off of Mickey in the future. Oh, and for deluxe, ToT would be AWESOME!!!