PDA

View Full Version : How does Disney do this?

steamboat willy
08-02-2007, 10:32 PM
For the MNSSHP, :pumpkin: how does Disney do this? :bat: The Park is open during the day, then the MNSSHP starts at 7:00 p.m. Does everyone have to leave the park? :mpumpkin:
If you have the special ticket, can you remain in the park? When do they decorate for the Halloween Event?
Excited to attend for the first time this September 30.

chrisb26
08-02-2007, 11:17 PM
Well I have never been to MNSSHP but this will be my first time this year! However I have been to MVMCP and I know for that once the party starts they rope off all the lands basically only Main Street is open. At some point I can't remember for sure you get a wristband that you wear that you show to a CM and they let you back in the ladns. You also have to show them the wristband to get onto the rides. I believe the decorations for the party are probably up all the time and just the special effects i.e. lighting and smoke are done once it gets dark.

TinkRocks
08-02-2007, 11:44 PM
On MNSSHP nights, the MK regular hours are usually advertised as 9am - 6pm. The MNSSHP technically starts at 7pm, but you can enter MK as early as 4pm. Be sure to get a wristband and trick or treat bag when you enter the park.

Even though MK does not close, guests not wearing wristbands will not be permitted to trick or treat around the park, nor will they be able to go on the rides / attractions after 6 or 7pm.

I haven't been to MK as a non-MNSSHP guest, so don't know if you have to technically have to leave the park, so am not sure if you could just hang around or not.

LoriMistress
08-03-2007, 12:31 AM
They start clearing the parks out around 4-5pm. Giving plenty of time for other guest who aren't going to the party to leave. That way, they can set up the park for the party. You can arrive at MK by 4pm to get into the parks early for the party.

kakn7294
08-03-2007, 01:36 AM
For MVMCP this past December, we had to get wristbands by having our party tickets scanned (just like for the EMH's) anytime after 4pm. Advertised park hours were 10a to 7p. Non-party guests were not made to leave until the party started at 7p. Any guest who did not have a wristband after 7p could not participate in most of the activities or ride any of the attractions. CM's did check for wristbands at the entrances of all rides and lands as well as the show at the Galaxy Palace Theater and the cookie and hot cocoa locations and even in the stores.