PDA

View Full Version : Requests at CBR

wdwvacationeer
08-02-2007, 10:01 PM
We are arriving at CBR on 8/14/07:cloud9: and have never stayed there before. We think we would like to stay at either Jamaica or Aruba; so, we sent a fax over the weekend with our request. Is this enough? Should I call or fax again next week? I realize that this is just a request and it may not be honored, so if anyone has a way of requesting that works for them, I would appreciate any tips. Thanks!

jedimick08
08-02-2007, 10:40 PM
I would definitely call. It's a little late at this point since other people have already requested rooms in Jamaica I'm sure. But it can't hurt.

BelleBeauty
08-02-2007, 11:04 PM
I would say to fax again within 3-4 days of your arrival. From what I've been told, the reservations don't download into the hotel's system until 4-5 days prior to your arrival. Therefore, if you sent a fax already they won't even be able to access your reservation (it is on the main system) yet to make note of your request.

BIGDOG
08-03-2007, 12:29 AM
Jamaica or Aruba should not be a problem the hard to get sections are trinidad north and martinque. I always call the CBR 7 days and then again day before I arrive, have never had a problem with request.

MNNHFLTX
08-03-2007, 01:16 PM
You can always just add your requests to your reservation by calling the reservation office now (or having your travel agent add them). We have always had our requests noted in the system this way. It also helps if you can arrive fairly early in the day, when there is a greater variety of rooms still available. That way if you don't like the room assigned to you, you can see what else is available.

Donalds Duckie
08-03-2007, 10:11 PM
I have stayed at CBR many times and have never faxed or called in a request. I always have MJ note the request when they make my reservation. I always request Jamaica or Aruba and I have always been granted my request regardless of what time of day I check in or how crowded the resort is.

I'd say just call WDW or have your TA call and note it on your reservation then politely ask about it when you check in!

Have a great time. CBR is a very fun resort.

pixiesmimi
08-03-2007, 10:27 PM
I requested Aruba when I made our reservations. The CM said that she couldn't guarantee it and I have been thinking about it ever since. I wondered if she would actually make a note of it. Sounds like, from the comments, that they do. Do you think this is enough or should I request it again or just wait until we check in? We are going Aug. 26th. From what I have read, I don't think we will be disappointed with any of the villages but had been advised to request Aruba.

Mariašoš
08-04-2007, 09:24 AM
I requested Aruba when I made our reservations. The CM said that she couldn't guarantee it and I have been thinking about it ever since. I wondered if she would actually make a note of it. Sounds like, from the comments, that they do. Do you think this is enough or should I request it again or just wait until we check in? We are going Aug. 26th. From what I have read, I don't think we will be disappointed with any of the villages but had been advised to request Aruba.

We'll be at CBR at the same time! Actually, we'll be checking in on the 25th.

Anyways, I've spoken with a manager at CBR several times on another site. She said to definitely send in a fax 4-7 days prior to your arrival with all information...names, dates, ages and then your request. They will do everything possible to hopefully be able to grant your requests.

CBR is our favorite resort and have never had a problem getting anything we've requested before. Our favorite island is Aruba, but would be happy any where. It really is a great resort!

Have a great trip!

Donalds Duckie
08-04-2007, 10:58 AM
You will always be told by CM that they cannot guarantee it because WDW does "guarantee" it. WDW never guarantees special room requests. Even my super duper MJ agent reminds me every time that WDW does not guarantee request.

This said, I have ALWAYS been granted my room requests and I have NEVER submitted a request by fax or telephone call. I have it noted on my reservation and I ask at checkin.

I've read posts that WDW resorts do not care for faxed room requests but it looks like the CBR CM suggested it. If it makes you feel more comfortable to fax the request I'd say do it. But, remember, it's still not guaranteed even with a fax request.:mickey:

Have a great trip!

pixiesmimi
08-04-2007, 07:55 PM
Thanks for the information! I think I'll just go with the idea that since I requested it, it will be noted and hopefully get that. But as I said before, as long as we aren't out in Timbuktoo, I will be happy with anything, I think. I appreciate all the advice. I had meant to ask for a King room and forgot when I made reservations. Do you know how much more that would be than a standard and would we be able to upgrade to this (and pay for it) when we check in? (Providing they have any available?)

Donalds Duckie
08-04-2007, 09:26 PM
I requested a king bed in Jamaica or Aruba for my Memorial Day weekend stay at CBR. It's the same cost as a preferred or water view room which is $10 or $12 more per night. (King bed rooms are not necessarily water view rooms at CBR.) There are a limited number of king bed rooms so I would go ahead and call WDW to change your reservation now if you really want the king bed.

I booked my king bed room through MJ 3 months prior to travel. When I checked in at CBR the CM told me "We were unable to meet your king bed request but I think you will be very happy with your room." OH BOY WAS I !!! I had the best room/view I'd ever had at CBR and I've had some great rooms there. They put me in a corner room in Aruba right on the lake! Corner rooms give you two windows and when I opened the blinds on those windows or opened the door you looked right out onto the lake. I'd request that room specifically for a future stay.

So, if you call ahead and pay for the king bed room even if they cannot give you a king bed you might get a water view or preferred since it's the same cost.

You'll have fun at CBR. It's a FUN resort! Rather like having two vacations in one.:mickey:

pixiesmimi
08-05-2007, 02:27 PM
Thanks! I can't wait!:woohoo: Especially since we won't have kids with us this time! This will be a totally different vacation! :dance: