PDA

View Full Version : PFTS at F&W Fest...

wdwfan
08-02-2007, 02:51 PM
How crowded is this event? Are the lines to sample wines & food really long or just few in each line. Do they also give you guide as to what wines are where? We're thinking about trying this event out, but wanted to see whether it's worth $$.

SallyP
08-02-2007, 05:40 PM
This is always a crowded event. I don't know how many tickets they sell for the event but I know last year while waiting in line people were asking us to give them their reservation because it was sold out.
At the start of the evening the lines aren't bad but by 7:30 the lines are long at the favorite food serving areas and also at the best wine booths. The lines do move quickly.
There is a written guide given to you at the door. The 'hall' is (or has been the last couple years) partitioned off into sections. The 'partition' is not a physical barrier but more a visual indicator. The sections are color coded and then in your menu guide foods and wines are listed by those color codes.
Actually the guide reads "Match the colors and shapes from this menu, to the colors and shapes in the room to locate a bit of wonderment!"
If you like to sample nouveau cuisine and sample some great wines, you truly don't want to miss it.
I have scanned last years guide. If you would like to see it I might be able to private message it to you - not sure if I can do attachements that way or not?

mickey-mouse35
08-02-2007, 07:54 PM
I have scanned last years guide. If you would like to see it I might be able to private message it to you - not sure if I can do attachements that way or not?

I would love to see last year's guide! :mickey:

wdwfan
08-03-2007, 09:14 AM
SallyP I sent you pm. Thanks

Natazu
08-04-2007, 01:44 AM
While crowded, we've never found it to be an impediment. If the line is long for an item, I just go to one with no line and swing back a little later. Remember, people are like sheep at these things. They crowd to one area as a big group whether they are together or not. It's kind of interesting to watch. By the middle of the night, most everyone is on dessert and coffee so even the really popular items are walk-up. We do two or three of these a year. We've never found the number of people to be a hindrance. In fact, we've met some really nice folks.