PDA

View Full Version : ordering cakes

mulderxcoltrane
08-02-2007, 02:47 PM
Has anyone ever ordered a cake from Disney? We are thinking about getting a birthday cake for our son(nothing fancy), but didn't know how much they cost or how this works. Any help would be great!

ElenitaB
08-02-2007, 03:13 PM
You can find information on ordering cakes, prices and the phone number here (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/misc/birthday.asp) on InfoCentral.

We tend to go for my son's birthday and our favorite place to celebrate the occasion is Garden Grill where he's always been honored with a yummy cake (http://benellen.smugmug.com/photos/112310293-M-3.jpg) (moist yellow cake and whipped cream frosting... yes, it's probably a defrosted, frozen product but we like it! :tasty: ) If you're interested, you should probably call the restaurant to find out if they still do this. Also, be sure to note all your ADRs that you're celebrating your child's birthday on this trip.

Dedivah
08-02-2007, 03:22 PM
We ordered a cake for my DD's 2nd birthday last year. I actually got help from the front desk of our hotel. They called the number and I told them what I needed when and where and it was there.
Her name was misspelled but she didn't know the difference. ;) It tasted great all the same. :thumbsup:

mook3y
08-03-2007, 02:52 PM
We are travelling with friends this year and are planning a surprise (think Alice) Un-birthday day for the 4 kids ages 3,3,4 and 5.

I called the concierge and arranged to have them order one and have it delivered to the room while we are in the parks, so it will be there when we get back to the room.

They had quite a few choices as to size and types.

hbell
08-03-2007, 03:30 PM
We have also ordered a cake from concierge and they had many sizes and flavors to choose from. They delivered to the room while we were out and set everything up very nicely. We also ordered a cake from the bakery near the Boardwalk. We had to pick it up ourselves, but it was incredible for my daughter's 4th birthday. We also ordered one at our daughter's 5th birthday at the castle. It was great too and they held the leftovers at the castle until we left late that night so none was wasted.

pox24
08-03-2007, 03:34 PM
At the AKL, I called down to Boma and they had a Bday cake for us in the room with Hats favors and the whole works, even a ballon. IT fed all of us. Four adults and two kids. I think it was around $ 30.00.

merlinmagic4
08-03-2007, 05:11 PM
I'm pretty sure all of the restaurants have a cupcake or special dessert for birthdays that is complimentary. We had a cupcake for my one year old at Chef Mickey's which was more than enough (we ate the dessert bar included with the meal) and my daughter got a special cookie at her birthday lunch at Akershus. Just an additional thought if you don't want to do a whole cake (like when dessert is included in a buffet meal).

emmingo
08-03-2007, 09:36 PM
I actually like the little card you get from Mousekeeping more than the cake! Mine had Minnie Mouse and a personal autograph...it was soooo cool! :minnie: The birthday cakes are very good, though...we just told the front desk about the birthday and they put the cake on the bill.

You do get something special at Chef Mickeys...thats the only restaurant we've ever been to at WDW on a birthday, but they turned the Birthday Song on the overhead speakers and all of the characters came over with a cupcake and candle.

Bekka
08-04-2007, 04:47 PM
We ordered a cake on our anniversary. Just called up the concierge at the Dolphin (where we were staying), told them what we wanted and viola, they hooked us up with the pastry chef there. My husband had it brought to the room as a surprise. It was awesome. He even was emailing with the chef to get the cake right (had it made to look like our wedding cake top--got married in disney--floridian did the original cake). Call up the concierge where you are staying and they should give you direction from there.

MinnieMommie
08-04-2007, 06:49 PM
As you can see there are many ways to get bday cakes while at Disney. We ordered one in January from Boardwalk Bakery for DDs 21st . It was a beautiful cake! :mickey:

wdwfansince75
08-05-2007, 03:28 PM
With four family member birthdays in June, we hit a birthday almost every trip. Last year,we hit three. We were on dining plan, with ADR's for all three....called number in Info Central: (407) 824-2165 to arrange cakes....they transferred me to 1900 Park Faire for a cake there, and to Trail's End for a cake there....both were terrific....We ordered 10 " cakes...our party of 10 couldn't finish either one....

We did have a breakdown in communications at Tony's for DW's birthday. DS ordered cake. I didn't know, and did not alert podium. Strongly suggest comfirming cake upon check in.

Pirate Sadie
08-06-2007, 10:55 AM
Last year we went to the California Grill for my nephews birthday. Needless to say probably not the best restaurant for an eleven year old. He ordered a bowl of pasta. Anyways my sister in-law ordered a cake, I believe from CG and I don't know if they made it but it was not very good. For the price she paid for it, I know she was disappointed and the kids weren't that thrilled either. We would have been better off just getting dessert from the menu or going somewhere after dinner for a sweet treat. Although nothing can replace candles on a cake with the whole family singing to you.