PDA

View Full Version : MGM or EPCOT with Children?

loonieroonie
08-02-2007, 11:45 AM
Dh and I have decided to take our boys to WDW this September! It will only be for 4 days and we can't decide which park to take the boys (DS2 and DS1) to. We will go 2 days to MK and we can't decide on another park. We've thought about just hitting all 4 parks, but are not sure if this is wise given the short time we'll be there. So, we're trying to decide which would be better for the boys MGM or EPCOT. We thought of MGM because of playhouse Disney.

I haven't been to MGM since 1991 so I really don't remember it. What would you do?

Mary Chase
08-02-2007, 12:23 PM
Definitely MGM - I think there's a lot more for little ones there than at Epcot!

motherhamv
08-02-2007, 12:28 PM
We have gone with 2 DD's when they were small. MGM has more attractions for the smaller children. EPCOT will be fun, but my youngest is 4. Have you thought about AK?

crazeedizneefinatic
08-02-2007, 12:30 PM
Considering how young the boys are I would also choose MGM. My son still talks about meeting the Toy Story characters. This year we are looking forward to meeting Lightning McQueen and Mater. I think also with them being so young Epcot might be a bit boring to them. Have fun!

BelleBeauty
08-02-2007, 12:30 PM
I definitely think that MGM is your best bet. They have a lot of different activites for the little ones now surrounding Play House Disney, and they have the character lunch for the little ones there too, I believe.

If your boys are in to animals, and you will have park hopper tickets, I suggest popping in to AK. It is really great to see everything, there are things the little ones will appreciate, and it is a nice change of pace.

dolphinmickey9170
08-02-2007, 01:02 PM
I would choose Animal Kingdom. I just love that park!!

SBETigg
08-02-2007, 01:13 PM
I would try to hit all four parks. I can't imagine a trip without all of them. If you add the hopper feature, you may be able to do some of each park as it suits you instead of spending all day at one park per day.

TexasPrincessAurora
08-02-2007, 02:02 PM
If your boys love animals (like my DS3 does) they would love AK. There are quite a few things there they would enjoy, other than just the animals, as far as shows and rides.

I'd definitely chose MGM over Epcot though. Past Nemo and JII there isn't as much at Epcot that would hold there interest at that young age. MGM has Playhouse Disney plus Little Mermaid, the Muppets, plus all the character meet & greets, including Little Einsteins and Jojo. You might even think about the character meal with the Einsteins and Jojo and Goliath...DS loved that!

kaliepooh
08-02-2007, 02:26 PM
I vote for MGM! There are more things for the children to see.

RocknRoller94
08-02-2007, 02:48 PM
MGM has a lot of things that smaller kids will enjoy, but Epcot has rides that everyone will enjoy. Still, getting a park hopper and doing a day a nd a half at MK, a day at Epcot, a day at AK, and a half day at MGM would be enough time to enjoy everything.:mickey:

threeh
08-02-2007, 04:31 PM
My kids really enjoy EPCOT. We got the passport and they got stamps and messages from each country (which you could totally do with a autograph book). They also enjoyed future world. We spent a lot of time in Innoventions and at MS. There is a really fun game to play after you ride.

Happy planning!!!:mickey:

wedway76
08-02-2007, 04:48 PM
I would pick MGM, and if you can, try to catch one of the early Fantasmic shows, it is amazing. If your kids like animals at all Animal Kingdom wouldn’t be a bad choice. They have some nice shows and that can meet the characters at Camp Minnie-Mickey. I would DEFINITELY spend at least 2 days in the Magic Kingdom, which is THE park for kids.

RAIDER
08-03-2007, 07:08 AM
MGM is more orientated for children :thumbsup::mickey:

BelleKP
08-03-2007, 08:21 AM
My first reaction when I read your post was . . . what about AK? My DD was 2 when we went and she LOVED the boneyard, FOTLK, Safari and all the jungle treks. Not to mention Rafiki's Planet Watch . . . and even ITTBAB (she's not frightened of the dark though).
That being said, if you are choosing between MGM and EP, I would probably do MGM . . . with Playhouse Disney, Little Mermaid, Muppets and the HISTK play area, you'll be set!
However, just to make my answer sound even more indecisive . . . like someone else mentioned EP has a lot of family friendly rides. All the new attractions at the Living Seas, Ellen, SE, Living with the Land, JI, Mexico, Norway . . .etc. And my DD loved doing the Passport at each country . . .
What about doing 1 1/2 days at MK, the other 1/2 day at AK and then split your last day between MGM and EP!!!
So, was that any help? :D

disneygirl17
08-03-2007, 08:32 AM
I would choose MGM if it is between MGM or Epcot however....Animal Kingdom would probably be the best. Both AK and MGM have an afternoon parade if your children are into that and great character meet and greet options.

dinahvixen
08-03-2007, 10:09 AM
My suggestion is to only go to MK for one day and do all the parks. We took my DD for the first time in Sept. 05 and we planned two days in MK b/c we thought that was how long it would take us, but we finished Fantasyland, Tomorrowland, and a show by 11 am. We took a trip back to the hotel, swam, came back and did the rest of what she would ride and was interested in. We watched the parade and went back for the night. The crowds were so low in Sept. that we really were able to breeze through everything, including THREE trips on small world and two on Jungle Cruise. AND baby swapping on rides for adults. I wish we had been able to go to Epcot as well, but we didn't buy park hoppers and we went back to MK as planned. So, in short, I recommend one day at MK because you'll get to do everything you want with time left over in September.