PDA

View Full Version : Visiting Tower of Terror Hotels

ImagiAsh
08-02-2007, 10:52 AM
Sorry for the double post. Hopefully a moderator will be along shortly to clean the other one up. I received an error upon hitting "submit" and it came up blank, so: Take 2!!

I am flying out to LA in two weeks for a mini-weekend trip. While I am there, I would like to visit hotels in or near to the Hollywood area that may have been visited by Imagineers when coming up with designs for the Tower of Terror. I am involved in a research project and would like to see famous hotels of the 1930s-40s (Golden age) Hollywood era--just see them first hand and get some pictures. :) The Beverly Hills Hotel is already on my list. Any other suggestions? Thank you!

robhink
08-02-2007, 12:13 PM
The wikipedia entry on the Tower of Terror ride mentions the Hollywood Tower apartments on Franklin Avenue, that looks like some place to check out.

Mufasa
08-03-2007, 09:50 AM
The Biltmore hotel (506 S. Grand Avenue) in downtown and the Chateau Marmont (8221 Sunset Boulevard) in Hollywood would be good places to start.

ImagiAsh
08-03-2007, 10:05 AM
The Biltmore hotel (506 S. Grand Avenue) in downtown and the Chateau Marmont (8221 Sunset Boulevard) in Hollywood would be good places to start.

Thanks! Long time no talk! I'm flying out to Cali again, but Disney is (unfortunately) not planned this time. =( I'm going to have to come back for the Nightmare Before Christmas layover at the Haunted Mansion...that was definitely my favorite when we went! Hope everything is going well for you! :mickey:

Ashley