PDA

View Full Version : EMH evenings poll

septembergirl
08-02-2007, 02:07 AM
Are the EMH evenings crowded during value season? Is this really a perk for having less crowds or is it just extended hours?

CanadianWDWFan
08-02-2007, 07:43 AM
What we found was that after the last parade at MK, the crowds start to go down. After 11:00 the crowds are a lot smaller and the wait times are a lot less.

Jared
08-02-2007, 08:45 AM
The crowds really dissipate after the first hour. Many guests flock to park open late but do not stay until closing. After 11 p.m., most attractions are virtually empty.

snifflesmcg
08-02-2007, 12:37 PM
I didn't vote on this one because it doesn't have a simple answer. I have walked onto alot of rides during EMH and I have also waited in a lines just as long as regular operating times. It all depends on the day, weather, time and ride.

dolphinmickey9170
08-02-2007, 01:10 PM
Remember, EMH are for on-site guests only. Those staying off property are not staying in the parks, so the crowds are smaller.

8 more days!!:joy::yay::woohoo:

magicofdisney
08-02-2007, 01:12 PM
Are the EMH evenings crowded during value season? Is this really a perk for having less crowds or is it just extended hours?
The perk is for staying on site. It really has nothing to do with the time of year. EMH is offered all year long. :mickey:

Pixie Power
08-02-2007, 02:53 PM
I didn't vote on this one because it doesn't have a simple answer. I have walked onto alot of rides during EMH and I have also waited in a lines just as long as regular operating times. It all depends on the day, weather, time and ride.

I agree:thumbsup:

CuteAsMinnie
08-02-2007, 02:58 PM
We experienced evening EMH hours once and never again. In fact, we lasted about 30 minutes until we feld complete anxiety about not being able to move because of the crowds so we just left. I think morning EMH hours is time better spent

threeh
08-02-2007, 04:28 PM
I've only gone in September, towards the end when it is a bit more crowded I hear than earlier in the month, but I avoid EMH. That being said, what you could do it try them but have a back up plan if it is crowded. We would usually just hop to another park and enjoy the non EMH atmosphere. Good luck and have a great trip!!!:mickey:

septembergirl
08-02-2007, 06:50 PM
I've only gone in September, towards the end when it is a bit more crowded I hear than earlier in the month, but I avoid EMH. That being said, what you could do it try them but have a back up plan if it is crowded. We would usually just hop to another park and enjoy the non EMH atmosphere. Good luck and have a great trip!!!:mickey:

I guess there is always Epcot!!!

threeh
08-03-2007, 04:26 PM
I guess there is always Epcot!!!

haha!! That's just what we did, we got to Mk and it was mobbed so we went right to EPCOT for the night. I think we had a really good time in futire world. It wasn't really crowded. I'm a BIG EPCOT nut, so I'm always ready to head there. Have fun!!!:mickey:

January-2007
08-03-2007, 06:08 PM
I voted "less crowded than normal operating hours" because that has always been our experience. I absolutely love Evening Extra Magic Hours, as does my husband. We find the park hosting for the night to be a tad bit more crowded right before it starts, in the late afternoon, but once it starts and on through the end it's quite nice. In June we walked out of MGM at the end of an Evening EMH with not another soul in site. It was amazing!

pixiesmimi
08-03-2007, 09:51 PM
We stayed for EMH last year in Epcot and to me it was a waste of time. As soon as Illuminations was over, all of the lights were turned off and the shops shut down. We were left walking in the dark. There were a few rides open towards the front of the park but most people had left and it was a let down. I don't think we stay late after that at any other parks. We have used the morning hours though and loved it. Everything looks so beautiful in the morning when there are no crowds and it is peaceful. There are a lot fewer people because it is only for people staying at the resorts.

septembergirl
08-04-2007, 10:45 AM
We stayed for EMH last year in Epcot and to me it was a waste of time. As soon as Illuminations was over, all of the lights were turned off and the shops shut down. We were left walking in the dark. There were a few rides open towards the front of the park but most people had left and it was a let down.

What month was this?

MickeysEars
08-04-2007, 01:31 PM
Back In 2000 EMH was a $10 or $11 expenditure. We were happy to have the opportuity and did shows and other attractions during the day. At night, after the parks cleared a little we went on the major attractions. This will be our first trip we will take advantage of all parks EMH. We shall see!:blush:

MinnieMommie
08-04-2007, 01:41 PM
I have found evening EMH to be crowded. This past January we were in MK until it closed at 2am and I can't possible describe how crowded it was. I thought that the later it got that at least people with small children would leave but thay did not. Generally I have found the evening EMH to be more crowded than expected but morning EMH to be uncrowded and a productive use of time. :mickey:

pixiesmimi
08-04-2007, 07:17 PM
We went in April last year. That was our first time in a resort on property and the first time we took advantage of EMH.