PDA

View Full Version : Best Photo Opportunities

BelleKP
08-02-2007, 12:39 AM
My BestF and I (heading down in 23 days :mickey: ) are big scrapbookers and are looking for the best photo ops throughout the parks . . . We are travelling without kids this year ;) so we won't have as many candid shots . . .
So I was wondering what/where your favourite photo spots are!?! I know the obvious ones, in front of the castle, tree, favourite attraction or character . . . but maybe some of the lesser known picture spots! Maybe somewhere off the beaten path, or a great spot to get a picture of something from a different angle . . .

TinkRocks
08-02-2007, 02:13 AM
You could take pics in weird places throughout WDW, or decide on a 'theme' for pics.

On a previous trip to WDW, my friend and I had a running joke to see how many pics we could take of the different fountains throughout the parks and resorts. It was even funnier when we tried to remember where each fountain was when we got back home...

Whenever I go to WDW with my parents, I always take pics of my Dad when he's catching a few zzz's during the day (whether it's on the monorail / bus, on a park bench, etc.).

I remember someone mentioning that they had taken pics of every bathroom in the parks - weird, but different.

Remember - it's great to have the 'typical' photos to look at (eg Castle), but the photos that make your trip unique / special and that remind you of funny incidents / stories will be more important.

LouRodriGIS
08-02-2007, 06:02 AM
There a good shot you can get of the castle from Tomorrowland. There is usually a character (Buzz) waiting to the left, just as you enter Tomorrowland. We got a great pic with Buzz and included the castle in the back.

You can also get some great, unobstructed, shots from the Liberty Bell steamboat. I have some great pics of Thunder Mt, Splash Mt, and the Haunted Mansion from the boat. It was overcast the day I took them so they really turned out amazing.

Lastly, take some shots on the rides. You can get great AK views from E:E and great MK views from SM.

mickey-mouse35
08-02-2007, 02:09 PM
I love the gardens in World Showcase--especially the water fall and gardens in Canada!

And in MGM there is a place where you can do the umbrella like singing in the rain.

dolphinmickey9170
08-02-2007, 04:01 PM
Be ready when the doors to ToT open, you could get a really cool pix. You just never know. As well as a previous poster mentioned, at the top of E:E are wonderful sights, just point and shoot.

BelleKP
08-02-2007, 08:03 PM
I have to admit I'm a little nervous about taking pics on rides . . . I have a very "nice" camera . . . and I think I would worry too much about it being damaged! We'll see about that one!!
But I really like the ideas about the gardens in EP and the fountains . . . I am a sucker for making wishes on fountains (ties into how my DH proposed) . . . so maybe I can do a scrapbook page of fountains . . . and one of various gardens!
Thanks! :thumbsup: Keep the ideas coming!

glenpreece
08-02-2007, 09:02 PM
I love to do a pic across from Crystal Palace at the photo spot. With the gardens and the castle in the background everyone always asks if that is a post card.

IloveDisney71
08-02-2007, 10:33 PM
I love to do a pic across from Crystal Palace at the photo spot. With the gardens and the castle in the background everyone always asks if that is a post card.
This is a great spot! I have some of my favorite pictures from here.
I always take pictures of my friends and family when we are on rides together. Rides like Dumbo, Buzz, and It's a Small World are fun because you can get your friends/family with neat things in the background. :)

Catwillow
08-02-2007, 11:20 PM
2 words....

HIDDEN MICKEYS

You will be surprised at what all you will find to take photos of in search of the all elusive Hidden Mickeys....:mickey: ... my best friend and I are also extreme scrappers and have made many trips to WDW (with and without kids).

Hope you have a great trip!!! Happy scrappin!!!

Kathleen

chick20679
08-03-2007, 07:44 AM
We always take pics of each other in front of our favorite ride at each park. After all our trips, we finally realized we just needed to take more pics of US on OUR vacation. We have so many of the castle, the globe, etc, but hardly any of US until recently. How about trying to find something fun in each country at Epcot (trying on a hat or other item from each one?) Also, a fun one, if you can get it right, is 'holding' Spaceship Earth in your hand (easiest from world showcase side). Have fun!! :mickey:

BelleKP
08-03-2007, 08:15 AM
2 words....

HIDDEN MICKEYS

You will be surprised at what all you will find to take photos of in search of the all elusive Hidden Mickeys....:mickey: ...

I love this . . . I just recently picked up the Hidden Mickey's book, that we were going to take with us . . . so these go hand in hand!

We have so many of the castle, the globe, etc, but hardly any of US until recently.

So true!!

How about trying to find something fun in each country at Epcot (trying on a hat or other item from each one?) :mickey:

I like this idea too . . . thanks so much! :thumbsup:
:mickey:

SunnyLee
08-03-2007, 08:36 AM
I LOVE taking pictures!!! Just yesterday when a friend and I went over to Epcot (yes in the pouring rain!) we took all these pics w/ our classy yellow Mickey raincoats on...it was great!
...I like taking pictures while on the Tea Cups...talk about some funny after pictures!!! Sometimes when I go (w/ whoever) for some reason we like to take pictures of us eating!..ie: ice cream, churros, those huge lollipops, a big burger...anything really is great! ....also the train at MK is fun to take pictures of if you can get some different shots w/the train, or cars, etc in them. Also...I don't know why, but I think I have like 5-6 different pictures of me (and others) w/ special 3-D glasses on...like on Philarmagic, or Muppets Vision or Bugs Life. Have fun!!! :mickey:

luvdiznee
08-03-2007, 08:42 AM
We are big fans of getting pix on rides.:thumbsup:Love those action shots. :mickey:

CrazyStitch
08-03-2007, 08:43 AM
In Japan, you can get a good shot of Spaceship Earth framed by a Japanese arch.

Momof2boys
08-03-2007, 09:08 AM
My youngest loves ice cream so everytime he had a Mickey bar, sundae, cone, etc we'd snap his picture. I can't wait to scrap that page.

We always take a picture of the boys in front of the resort sign - maybe if you have time, resort hop & get your pics taken at each Welcome sign.

CM~Mserrano
08-03-2007, 08:55 PM
Don't know if you're a drinker, but I've seen from some other threads, some people like to drink around the wrodl at Epcot and take a picture with a CM in front of each country. I've done this once, and let me tell you each pic definately gets funnier and funnier. Great to look back on!

Catwillow
08-03-2007, 10:16 PM
Don't know if you're a drinker, but I've seen from some other threads, some people like to drink around the wrodl at Epcot and take a picture with a CM in front of each country. I've done this once, and let me tell you each pic definately gets funnier and funnier. Great to look back on!

:hi: Hello Fellow Melbournite:hi:

That sounds like a fun idea....I also like the idea of getting a CM picture from each land.

Kathleen

BelleKP
08-03-2007, 11:50 PM
:hi: Hello Fellow Melbournite:hi:

That sounds like a fun idea....I also like the idea of getting a CM picture from each land.

Kathleen

Me too . . . I love it!! :D

chrisb26
08-04-2007, 02:07 AM
I love to take pictures on rides last year I took a picture on Tower of Terror right when the doors opened it it turned out great. There where hands up and you could see a great view. My advice if you do take pictures on rides if your camera has a strap wrap that around your arm. I have a strap on my camera that can go around my neck so I wrap that all the way around my arm then hold onto the camera and it usually works well. I do this even when I dont take pictures on the rides just to make sure it doesn't get damaged since mine is also expensive.

other photo places that I always like are just random things you never think of it but then when you get home and look back at them they actually turned out really cool.

Something else I do I have a big memory card so I just take pictures of everything basically then I delete later since I have so much room I don't have to worry which is nice.

little disney lovers
08-04-2007, 08:42 AM
I'm from Australia so we are always amazed at your massive food portions and often take photos of our meals to show our friends at home. You might not find it quite as exciting but They are really cool photos and I have scrapped many a page with Mickey waffles, Mickey nuggets, Mickey ice-creams, etc..
Maybe you could do your next album with themes of foods, fountains, gardens, buildings, merchandise (go into a shop and take photos of your friend with a few of the funny hats and ears on). It might be nice for something different to the usual castle, characters and rides.
Have fun!:mickey:

jennifer99
08-04-2007, 08:44 AM
This is a great thread. Thank you for thinking of it:mickey: Great ideas!

I just saw some people on a travel channel show having their picture taken under the lifted foot of the Star Tours ATAT. They were being goofy and acting like they were being crushed. It was cute. We are going to take that picture in 41 days:mickey:

I always make my family stand out in front of the resort. They feel silly doing it but it is a great picture.

Taking a couple of pictures in your room or at the resort pool is a good way to remember where you stayed.

Have a magical trip:mickey:

pook@wdw
08-04-2007, 06:13 PM
My DH was given a Pink Floyd t-shirt before our last trip and was instructed to wear it to WDW. So to have proof, we had a "Pink Floyd picture day". In every picture in front of /around every attraction was my DH's back w/Pink Floyd name on his shirt. We joked that...here's PF in MK, here's PF on TOT...etc. You get the idea. I must say, it was the most interesting scrapbook I've ever done !:silly::laughing: