PDA

View Full Version : 'Lucky' the Dinosaur question...

disneymajik
08-01-2007, 09:10 PM
Hello All,

Back on July 4th, 2005 we were 'lucky' to come across 'Lucky' the dinosaur at the Animal Kingdom. It was the most amazing creation that I have ever seen at WDW and was totally blown away by it. We were able to get some great pictures and I am wondering if anyone has any idea if a reappearance is in the cards at WDW. If I remember correctly the CM's told us that 'Lucky' was being shipped off to Hong Kong Disneyland??

Any info would be appreciated as I'd love to see this animatroic again.

battlefield2freak
08-01-2007, 09:25 PM
if i remember right he was either retired for more testing or he was like you said shipped to hong kong. here is a link about the AA http://www.intercot.com/themeparks/animalkingdom/dinolandusa/default.asp

DizneyRox
08-01-2007, 10:10 PM
Last I heard he was back home in Glendale. If he's still there, I'm not sure why he wouldn't be making rounds, he was amazing. If he is at some other park, I haven't seen anything advertising as such.

Maybe they cannibalized him for the Prof. Honeydew and Beaker characters over at DCA.

Darin M
08-01-2007, 11:48 PM
I would love to see the Muppett Mobile Lab at WDW. I saw video on youtube, and it seems like something they should be doing everyday at MGM.

WDWfanatic742
08-02-2007, 12:50 AM
The Muppet lab seems to be what they are working on right now. Last I heard, Lucky was back at headquarters.

Clotho
08-02-2007, 02:20 AM
WE WANT LUCKY!
WE WANT LUCKY!
(is it working?)

I have wanted to see him since I saw him on one of the travel channel type shows. And then he was gone and in Hong Kong and gone...GIVE US LUCKY!

Old School Mouse Ears
08-02-2007, 06:59 AM
we missed him in sept 05 when he was sent for the openning of disney hong kong ..wish lucky would return to AK soon

disneymajik
08-03-2007, 09:43 PM
Oh well, hopefully he's not permanately retired b/c it would be such a waste of an interesting creation.

MickeysEars
08-04-2007, 07:07 PM
Last time we missed Lucky by 1 day. The kids would have loved to see Her(?)

snifflesmcg
08-04-2007, 07:20 PM
Oh well, hopefully he's not permanately retired b/c it would be such a waste of an interesting creation.

That wouldn't be the first time Disney did that.

I'd love to see Lucky at least once in my life. It's unlike anything ever made before.

MickeyChick
01-01-2008, 04:31 PM
I spent New Year's Eve watching the Disney World episode of Modern Marvels and saw Lucky for the first time. I want to see her! This is so unfair! I'm leaving for WDW in 24 days and and it will be a lucky-less trip. Sniffle sniffle.

Not2Loud
01-01-2008, 09:27 PM
Off topic a bit, but the Modern Marvels episode was pretty good. They showed more of the service corridors than most other programs.

#1donaldfan
01-02-2008, 09:37 AM
We've got some good pics of Lucky and good memories......she was a great invention, so lifelike, maybe one day they'll bring her back..

Tick-Tock
01-02-2008, 11:49 AM
Anyone interested in Lucky should look to see if "Walking with Dinosaurs - The Live Experience" is coming near you. Google it and you'll see some amazing YouTube footage of this show.

BelleFan2
01-02-2008, 01:57 PM
I was lucky enough (!) to see Lucky at Animal Kingdom and he was amazing! It was so spectacular and unique - I wish they could bring him back. He'd be an amazing addition - he was very cool!