PDA

View Full Version : alfredos now merlino?

maryt01
08-01-2007, 08:11 PM
a disney cm asked me if i would like to make ressies at merlinos. i responded where? she change her conversation by telling me that tutto italia is only booking thru august. has anyone else heard of this name ? could be merlinos or murlinos. who knows maybe she was knew and had no clue. :secret::confused:

Figment!
08-01-2007, 10:26 PM
she change her conversation by telling me that tutto italia is only booking thru august. This was incorrect.

L'Originale Alfredo di Roma Ristorante closes August 31, 2007--Tutto Italia won't even open until September.

has anyone else heard of this name ? could be merlinos or murlinos. ... sounds like Il Mulino.

Il Mulino New York Trattoria is the new Italian venue at the Walt Disney World Swan.

Seems like they were suggesting this as an alternative. Likely due to Tutto Italia not yet to taking reservations outside of the Candle Light Processional packages.

Natazu
08-02-2007, 02:45 AM
I agree. Good thinking Jason.

dolphinmickey9170
08-02-2007, 03:43 AM
This was incorrect.

L'Originale Alfredo di Roma Ristorante closes August 31, 2007--Tutto Italia won't even open until September.

... sounds like Il Mulino.

Il Mulino New York Trattoria is the new Italian venue at the Walt Disney World Swan.

Seems like they were suggesting this as an alternative. Likely due to Tutto Italia not yet to taking reservations outside of the Candle Light Processional packages.

I agree. Good thinking Jason.

You guys are so smart!! thanks.

Mickie the Pooh
08-02-2007, 11:43 AM
So is Alfredo's closing for good? is there suppose to be something replacing it? Ihave been off the boards a Long time.

SallyP
08-02-2007, 05:56 PM
... sounds like Il Mulino.

...and it's a yummy Italian trattoria. The carpaccio is delicious, the deep fried risotto balls - Arancini are scrumptious ....pizza, pasta, Rigatoni con Funghi is my favorite, fish, steak , chicken, veal . This is a real Italian trattoria.
If you crave Italian while you are at Disney give it a try. It is not on any Disney Meal Plan since it is privately owned and merely leasing space in the Swan.

SallyP
08-02-2007, 06:02 PM
So is Alfredo's closing for good? is there suppose to be something replacing it? Ihave been off the boards a Long time.

Yes it did (or is soon) closing for good. Their contract was not renewed. I believe there was a discussion on the Restaurant Group taking over in the News Forum. You might want to do a search there to see what information you can find.

mickey-mouse35
08-02-2007, 07:45 PM
Is Il Mulino as good as Palio? I LOVED Palio! :cloud9:

ElenitaB
08-02-2007, 08:40 PM
I've never been to the one in Florida nor to the one here in NYC, but I can tell you that my old foodie (and slightly snooty) bosses love Il Mulino and often would entertain clients there.

SallyP
08-03-2007, 12:13 PM
I've never been to the one in Florida nor to the one here in NYC, but I can tell you that my old foodie (and slightly snooty) bosses love Il Mulino and often would entertain clients there.

I haven't been to the NYC one either but the one in Vegas is probably pretty similar to the one in NYC. Kind of Old World Charm, darker woods, white tablecloths, etc.
The one at the Swan is decorated for tourism: open, airy and sleek decor. They even have a section of the menu devoted to "Family Style" selections. They will serve what you order in bigger bowls that can be shared by all at the table.

Is Il Mulino as good as Palio? I LOVED Palio!
We enjoyed Palio's too and were quite sad when it closed. The food is prepared a little differently (flavors and sauces (gravy)) but still good Italian food.
Our favorite waiter made the transfer from Palio's to Il Mulino. We were happy about that.
I do miss the mandolin player.
Remember how there was the empty hallway leading to Palio's? Well now that is a great new lounge/bar area which the Swan really needed, I thought. The lounge is part of Il Mulino's but you don't feel like you are in the restaurant.

maryt01
08-04-2007, 09:04 PM
thanks for all of your responses. i cannot wait until december. :mickey: