PDA

View Full Version : I Challenge You...

handmaidenofprincesses
08-01-2007, 07:16 PM
I have a challenge for all of you!

How many obscure, "no-one-else-on-earth-knows-this" Disney facts can you list off?

DisneyLuver91
08-01-2007, 07:48 PM
The voice of Rex in Star Tours is none other than Paul Reubens (AKA Peewee Herman). Hehe. Gotta love it!

Beast_fanatic
08-01-2007, 10:50 PM
Have you checked out the fact of the day posts that are in this forum?

Natazu
08-02-2007, 03:34 AM
There's a $700 digital camera at the bottom of Seven Seas Lagoon.

snifflesmcg
08-02-2007, 03:53 AM

LOL!!!! :rotfl::funny:

vizsla
08-02-2007, 05:35 AM
Here's one that might help you:

The total volume of water in Bay Lake and adjoining Seven Seas Lagoon is around 2.385 billion gallons.

DizneyRox
08-02-2007, 06:03 AM
That was funny!

How about this! The water cannons at Catastrophe Canyon can shoot a basketball over the Empire State Building!

BrerSchultzy
08-02-2007, 09:02 AM
There are 11,324 Alucobond panels covering Spaceship Earth. When I was a Disney Store CM, I won the local trivia contest, so I studied up for the regional one (this was about 10 years ago)...and for some reason, THAT is the fact that is stuck in my head to this day.

xipetotec
08-02-2007, 11:01 AM

:D Although you Do have my condolences for your camera, this literally made me lol when I read it, being presented as little known facts :D

magicman
08-02-2007, 11:13 AM
Expdition Everest is 199.5 feet tall.

WDW keeps their tall rides less than 200 feet tall because any structure above 200 feet has to have blinking red lights on the top to ward off aircraft.

January-2007
08-02-2007, 04:01 PM
Expdition Everest is 199.5 feet tall.

WDW keeps their tall rides less than 200 feet tall because any structure above 200 feet has to have blinking red lights on the top to ward off aircraft.

So that's why there's a red blinking light on top of Spaceship Earth....

This isn't official or anything, but while we were staying at the BCV a couple months ago we had an Epcot view and I noticed the "Epcot" sign turned off at night at 2AM. Saw it on two different nights.

Most people already know this, but the reason the TOT is pinkish is so that it blends in with the Morocco pavilion in Epcot. After the Swan/Dolphin were built and could be seen everywhere, they tried harder to make other things blend in.

The Lawnmower Tree at Fort Wilderness...

mttafire
08-02-2007, 04:37 PM
:D Although you Do have my condolences for your camera, this literally made me lol when I read it, being presented as little known facts :D
Yep..Id go with the camera fact.:blush::thumbsup:

Honeybee3344
08-02-2007, 05:16 PM
How about asking him:

Which way the carousel in Fantasyland turns?

What is painted on the moving walkway in the queue for HM?

Which star of a former ride in the MK has a Gravestone in the Pet Cemetary at HM?

handmaidenofprincesses
08-02-2007, 08:58 PM
How about asking him:

Which way the carousel in Fantasyland turns?

What is painted on the moving walkway in the queue for HM?

Which star of a former ride in the MK has a Gravestone in the Pet Cemetary at HM?

haha i love it, but it's no good asking if I'm not sure of the answers! The only one I know is which way the carousel goes, but I was just on it a few days ago and we have it on video :secret:

Anyways, thanks for your help everyone! I'm leaving in just a few hours. I'll be sure to ask him what's lying on the bottom of the lagoon! ;)

Honeybee3344
08-02-2007, 09:17 PM
Handmaiden.... thought I'd get ya thinkin a little bit :)

Counter-clockwise, bats, and Mr. Toad are the answers.

Hope you stump him!

poohbear813
08-02-2007, 10:25 PM
I just bought a book called "101 things you never knew about Walt DIsney World"

I knew everyone of them already:blush:

LauraF
08-03-2007, 09:20 AM
I was told it would take about 20 million cans of soda pop to fill one of the cup/drinks at the All-Star Sports resort.

Restaurant Marrakesh has letters from Geroge Washington and the Moroccan king in the lobby (Morocco was one of the first countries to recongize the soverignty of the US)

(I think many people know this) MK is actually built one floor above the ground because the high water table wouldn't allow digging basements.

What are the names of the MK trains? Walter E. Disney, the Roy O. Disney, the Lilly Belle and the Roger E. Broggie

pook@wdw
08-04-2007, 04:45 PM
The camera isn't the only thing at the bottom of the lagoon. there's also a wave machine that was originally going to be used to produce waves on the shore, but eroded the shoreline so badly, that the idea was scrapped and the machine is still there !:secret:

Bethanymouse
08-04-2007, 08:52 PM
:funny::rotfl:
Now that is funny!