PDA

View Full Version : Segway Tour at DCA *UPDATED*

rjbarker
08-01-2007, 04:22 PM
My boyfriend and I will be at Disneyland this weekend (YAY!!) and we'll be taking the Segway Tour at DCA for the first time. We LOVED the Segway Tour at Epcot! Has anyone taken the Segway tour at DCA before?

NotaGeek
08-01-2007, 07:37 PM
Wow! I wasn't aware that the Segue tour of DCA actually started! There was rumor of it a while ago but it never came to life ... be sure and let us know what it's like, I am sure there would be others that would be interested! :mickey:

rjbarker
08-01-2007, 07:46 PM
Sure, I'll give a full report!

Here's what I can tell you so far from the lady I spoke to when I made the reservations:
You meet at the "C" in front of DCA at 7:15am. Then you have a continental breakfast. After that, you spend about an hour or so learning how to ride the segway and then another hour or so riding around DCA (it's a 3-hour tour). It comes with a free group photo and, I think, a pin.

It costs $99/person and you get a 20% discount if you have an annual pass, a Disney visa card or a AAA membership.

You have to be between 100 and 250 lbs, older than 16, and wear close-toed shoes.

teamblackwell
08-02-2007, 06:38 PM
Hi all,
I just got off the phone with Disney reservations. She said there is no discount for Disney Visa users, only annual passport holders. I says very clearly on Disneyland.com that Disney Visa does get 20%off. What should I do?
p.s. I've done the Segway Tour at EPCOT and it is way coooool. Cant wait to do it at DCA.
Teamblackwell

rjbarker
08-02-2007, 07:17 PM
You're right. When I called in, the operator did NOT mention the Disney Visa discount but I did see it on the website, that's why I included it in my previous post.

If I were you I would book it, print the page that says Disney Visa cardholders get a discount, and then bug City Hall or the company until they refund you the difference. If you're intent on taking it regardless of whether you get the discount, you can only win.

teamblackwell
08-20-2007, 02:49 PM
Hi all,
I called this morning and made ressies for the Segway tour DCA. Their computers must be updated now, because it does list Disney Visa cardholders as eligible for the 20% discount. Earlier in the month it didn't. Discounted price is $79.00 each.
See ya'll later,
Teamblackwell

rjbarker
08-21-2007, 03:00 PM
Ok, it took me a while but I can finally write my review:

We (me and my bf) arrived at DCA at 7:20 a.m. (5 minutes late :secret:). We were greeted by one of the tour guides who was waiting for us and led to a room behind Guest Services. There we were given apples, muffins and juice, and introduced to the other 3 people who were going on the tour with us and the 2 tour guides. We did that for about 20 minutes and were then shown a short presentation about how the segways work.

After that we went to the area in front of Monster's Inc. and did a couple of drills to make sure we could get on and off the segways and handle curves and bumps. We did this for probably about a 1/2 hour. Then we began our tour of DCA. We started down the Hollywood area and went into Condor Flatts, learning some interesting facts about the park along the way. The next part was my favorite: we segwayed through the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail and over to the walkways around Grizzly River Rapids. We took pictures by the rapids.

Next we went by the Wharf area and on to the big Orange (by where they serve McDonalds) where we had a short break. Then we went over to the Maliboomer and had free-roam time between the Maliboomer and the roller coaster for about 30 minutes. After that, we took a group photo, went through A Bug's Land, and had some more free-roam time by Monster's Inc.

Overall, the actual Segway riding time was about 2 hours. Also, the guides were really nice and helpful.

I very highly recommend this tour to everyone. I don't think it's as awesome as the Segway tour at Epcot because at Epcot you do a lot of obstacle courses in each different country and, overall, Epcot is just a neater place to be. But I think DCA's features were utilized well in this tour and you get to Segway through the whole park. Plus, getting to ride a Segway is worth the money alone.

Feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Melanie
08-21-2007, 07:04 PM
Thanks for the review! It sounds like such a good time. :thumbsup:

B_W_Mickey
08-21-2007, 07:26 PM
Thanks for posting your review!

I will have to try this next time I am at DLR!

grego77
08-21-2007, 10:14 PM
Thanks for the review...sounds like a really fun time!
I do the Epcot tour in Sept...depending on how that goes, I may book a DCA tour when I go in Dec. :mickey:

gtpooh
09-10-2007, 04:07 PM
Thanks for posting. We did the Segway tour at Epcot and loved it and didn't realize they had one at DCA when we went there in early July. It sounds like so much fun -- sorry we missed it!

teamblackwell
09-23-2007, 03:12 PM
Hi all,
We just got back from our trip. The Segway tour was really neat, just as good as the Epcot version. The Segways are more updated than the ones we rode at Epcot, much easier to ride. Our Tour guide was J.P. and doreen were very nice. J.P. was very informative as far as park info and trivia. He said the tour has been sold out (12 max.per tour) from its launch in July till last week. Our tour was just me and my DW. Our training only took 20 minutes not the hour allocated, so we got to buzz around the Back lot area for 30 minutes freely. J.P. was having fun too, because the small group allowed him to take us to areas that big groups cant go, like aound grizzly Falls.
J.P. said there planning on going to two tours a day, one morning and one evening.
Two thumbs up!!

NotaGeek
09-23-2007, 08:53 PM
Thanks for the report.