PDA

View Full Version : Passholders to Get "Priority Access" to Newly Refurbished Haunted Mansion 9/14 -9/16

Figment!
08-01-2007, 03:05 PM
Passholder Priority Access

Walt Disney World Passholder Announcement
8/1/07

Make yourself at "tomb sweet tomb" in the home of 999 happy haunts, where there's "always room for one more." Inside, hop on a Doom Buggy to get in the "spirit" of things. Experience the stretching room, the séance and hitchhiking ghosts in this Disney classic.

Ride along with your ghost host as you discover new spine-tingling encounters with creepy special effects and an all new scene exclusive to The Haunted Mansion at Magic Kingdom® Park. On select days in September, Passholders can enjoy priority access to this enhanced classic attraction.

Passholder Priority Access:
September 14, 9:00 AM - Noon
September 15, 9:00 AM - Noon
September 16, 9:00 AM - Noon

Caroleh
08-01-2007, 07:25 PM
Thanks, Jason!!!!

cicelyalaska
08-02-2007, 10:01 AM
Forgive my not-so-bright-ness: Does this mean HM will be open Sept. 14-16 to ALL guests, but that annual passholders will be able to get ahead of the line or something from 9-noon? Or does this mean, as I am not an annual passholder, and we will be in WDW Sept. 8-15, that we have no possibility of seeing HM because only passholders will be allowed access, and the rest of the afternoon during these days, HM will be closed again?

Figment!
08-02-2007, 10:18 AM
Does this mean HM will be open Sept. 14-16 to ALL guests, but that annual passholders will be able to get ahead of the line or something from 9-noon? Or does this mean, as I am not an annual passholder, and we will be in WDW Sept. 8-15, that we have no possibility of seeing HM because only passholders will be allowed access, and the rest of the afternoon during these days, HM will be closed again?Most likely, the former.

Based on the opening schedule and the wording of the perk, it appears that Passholders will have FastPass-like access during the morning on those select dates.

TINKERBELL_82
08-02-2007, 12:59 PM
Thanks so much Jason!! We were already planning on being there on those dates with my family!!

I know with other rides they have allowed up to three "non-passholder" guests to come with you. Do you think this rule will apply here too?

ariel03
08-02-2007, 03:06 PM
Is the attraction still opening on Sept. 13th?
That is our MK day and was hoping to get on the attraction.

bwgens
08-03-2007, 12:17 AM
small question, for those who watch these sorts of things. any idea if they were to do soft openings prior to the passholder opening, how early before stated re-opening of the attraction do they actually do soft openings? i ask because i will be there from 8/26 --> 9/5

DISNEYFIX
08-03-2007, 03:46 AM
Hi Jason, great work as always. We will be picking up our AP's on the 11th can't wait. Would you think they would have the HM open fo the MNSSHP on the 14th of September?
Thanks
Chris

DisneyDudet
08-03-2007, 04:26 AM
small question, for those who watch these sorts of things. any idea if they were to do soft openings prior to the passholder opening, how early before stated re-opening of the attraction do they actually do soft openings? i ask because i will be there from 8/26 --> 9/5

They usually don't have soft openings for refurbed rides. I assume they are using the AP preview times as "test runs" for the ride.

You are going to be there quite a bit before the opening. I think chances are slim, but it never hurts to stop by and see!

Figment!
08-03-2007, 07:05 AM
I know with other rides they have allowed up to three "non-passholder" guests to come with you. Do you think this rule will apply here too? It doesn't appear so.

The Passholder site has also listed the following with regard to the priority access, "All Guests seeking priority access to The Haunted Mansion attraction must show valid Pass and photo ID."

Is the attraction still opening on Sept. 13th? Still scheduled to, yes.

any idea if they were to do soft openings prior to the passholder opening
I assume they are using the AP preview times as "test runs" for the ride.This is not a Passholder preview/opening, it is FastPass-like access during the first few days the attraction is open.

Considering that management has chosen a FastPass-like access in lieu of an early opening for Passholders, implies that there is no intention of any previews prior to the scheduled re-opening date.

Would you think they would have the HM open fo the MNSSHP on the 14th of September?It's still scheduled to re-open on the 13th and is on the 2007 Party Operational Attractions list, so yes.

Donalds Duckie
08-04-2007, 08:25 PM
Well, HM opens Sept. 13? Now I'm really going to work to try and get myself to WDW for the weekend of Intercot's 10th Anniversary!

Catwillow
08-13-2007, 06:39 PM
I am going to have to go over on my B-day (Sept 16th)....what a way to celebrate!!!!!

krose78
08-14-2007, 11:02 AM
My birthday is on the 15th:party: boy that would definately be the way to celebrate, really wish I was a passholder now.:(

bleukarma
08-14-2007, 11:12 AM
My aunt’s birthday is the 15th and I am going to upgrade our 3-day pass to a season pass. I wonder if this will work for a season pass too, or only annual passes? How fun it will be to see the newly refurbished HM when we’re over there for the day!! :mickey:

Figment!
08-14-2007, 11:25 AM
I wonder if this will work for a season pass too, or only annual passes? The language of the actual announcment lists "passholders" which implies all passholders.

In the past all passholders have had access to these types of benefits, although some seasonal black-out dates have (occasionally) still applied.

Gottaluvgoof
08-14-2007, 11:27 AM
Thanks a heep for the info. :( I am checking out on the night of the 12th. Talk about bad timing, huh? GRRRRRRR Sorry, I just had one of those kill the messenger moments :D

Ms.Disney
08-14-2007, 01:23 PM
This is great we will be there when it opens!

MauiMouse
08-14-2007, 07:27 PM
Bummer, just going to miss the preview. Oh well another reason to go back to the World. :D

Cozfamilyof6
08-15-2007, 09:52 AM
what type of changes were made? We're going in October and I can't wait that long to find out.:secret:

jpcns50
08-15-2007, 10:45 AM
I am so excited that the HM is on schedule. We arrive for our Honeymoon on the 16th and the 17th is our MK day! So excited!!!!

Figment!
08-15-2007, 01:45 PM
what type of changes were made? We're going in October and I can't wait that long to find out.:secret:Haunted Mansion Refurbishment: Official Preview of Enhancements (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=111719) :ghost:

catsmommy555
08-20-2007, 06:17 PM
Just noticed that the Disney site is not showing Haunted Mansion closed at all now in Sept. Does anyone know if this is true or maybe a web mistake, I know it was on there the other day!

doombuggy
08-30-2007, 03:45 PM
I will definately be heading over there after work on 9/13 to check it out!

:number1:

Roo Girl
08-31-2007, 09:55 AM
We'll be there for the HM AP previews! We're coming in on 9/13 and also got tix for MNSSHP on 9/14- do you think the AP previews will still be going on during the party? :number1:

Figment!
08-31-2007, 10:39 AM
do you think the AP previews will still be going on during the party? :number1:It's not an Annual Passholder preview, its like an Annual Passholder FastPass and it only lasts until Noon.

The attraction will be open to all Guests during these days, however Annual Passholders will have the opportunity for shorter queue times from park open till noon.

rnin02
09-02-2007, 02:34 AM
The "official" Disney website says this right now:
The Haunted Mansion : Closed for Refurbishment [September 1, 2007 to September 12, 2007]

forgive me being brain dead, do you think it reopens on the 12th or is it closed thru the 12 th and reopens the 13th?

Per the info page on intercot it looks like its reopening on the 12th...but I thought intially it wasn't till the 13th? I'm so confused!

"Haunted Mansion closed for refurbishment on June 6 and will reopen September 12, 2007. "

Stu29573
09-02-2007, 10:50 AM
My birthday is on the 15th:party: boy that would definately be the way to celebrate, really wish I was a passholder now.:(

My birthday is actually the 13th! AND I've always said that the HM is my favorite ride ...but, alas, I will be 1500 miles away....oh, cruel fate.....oh to have the money to do what I really want.....boo-hoo....
Of course I guess I could quit my job and use my credit to get there.....Hmmmm, maybe.....:secret:

Mufasa
09-04-2007, 04:51 PM
The Haunted Mansion will officially re-open on September 13th (actually earlier that morning a few hours before general park opening there will be an opening ceremony mainly for cast members held at the HM and then it will be open to regular guests at the regular scheduled park opening).

On the 14th and through that weekend there will be a separate priority entrance set up for the attraction in the morning for AP holders (a similar set up to a fast pass return queue)

There are no soft openings prior to the scheduled re-opening of the haunted mansion- however there may be very short periods when the attraction is open for some unannounced final testing and we'll look to invite some brave guests that might pass by to get some feedback in order to tweak and make minor adjustments to some effects, but otherwise we're well on schedule for the reopening.