PDA

View Full Version : EMH in September questions...

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
08-01-2007, 02:03 PM
So now that we've booked in September, I have a couple questions about EMH during that month.

For some of the mornings or evenings, it doesn't appear there are EMH at any of the parks. Do they do this in Septmeber?

It just says there are a lot of the "little ones" EMH. Read up on that and still don't really understand it...can any one get in to it?

Some of the parks shut at 8 - is that because it isn't a busy time of year? Or are there EMH every night, and I'm just missing it. I was under the impression they always had 1 park open early and/or late.

Hopefully it isn't too busy! But it is always nice to see some people in the parks of course :mickey:

Any help would be awesome!

Chris :hatter:

robhink
08-01-2007, 03:14 PM
I looked at the schedule and it appears that there are extra magic hours for each day in September so I'm not exactly sure which days you didn't see anything for. There is usually either a park open early or a park open late on each day.

As for 8pm closings, yes since it's not a peak time the parks will close earlier, and for the Magic Kingdom it will close at 7pm if they are having a hard ticket event that night.

I'm not sure how the little ones magic hour works

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
08-01-2007, 03:45 PM
It just didn't look to me like there was a Morning Magic Hour and Evening Magic Hour each day. I know they do one or the othre - but are there Morning and Evening extra hours on the same day, at different parks?

For example:

One one day, can the MK open early, and MGM close late?

JCDarzi
08-01-2007, 03:54 PM
I don't know if it's the same this year or not, but last September, the LIttle ones Magic Hour was basically that Fantasyland in Magic Kingdom was open 1hour earlier. It was geared toward toddlers but I think that everyone was able to go. During this "magical hour", there were a lot of characters. More than you would usually see with lots of interaction with the young guests. Many of the characters rode rides with the kids. For example, Stitch was riding Dumbo at the same time as us. Kids could line up and ride with a character if they wanted to. Wendy and Peter Pan were leading the children around Fantasyland in a game that I believe was Follow the Leader. Since it wasn't that crowded so early, the characters were able to just play with the kids without the usual queuing.

Hope this helps and hopefully it will be the same this year. It was lots of fun last year.

robhink
08-01-2007, 04:06 PM
For example:

One one day, can the MK open early, and MGM close late?

Nope, you won't find one day where parks are open both early and late. The example would be the week of 9/23

23rd - Magic Kingdom open late
24th - Disney MGM open late
25th - Epcot open early
26th - Animal Kingdom open late
27th - Magic Kingdom open early
28th - Epcot open late
29th - Disney MGM open early

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
08-01-2007, 04:15 PM
Nope, you won't find one day where parks are open both early and late. The example would be the week of 9/23

23rd - Magic Kingdom open late
24th - Disney MGM open late
25th - Epcot open early
26th - Animal Kingdom open late
27th - Magic Kingdom open early
28th - Epcot open late
29th - Disney MGM open early

Perfect! Thanks so much...thats what I wanted to know. In May there was always one open early and a different one open late. Guess its just cause of the Sept crowds being smaller?

In any case...thanks again for the help!

robhink
08-01-2007, 04:24 PM
Guess its just cause of the Sept crowds being smaller?

Yup, they only do the multiple parks per day during the peak months, once they feel that the crowd levels will be reduced (mid August) they cut back to the one park per day schedule.