PDA

View Full Version : Snow and the Seven - Snow White remake

WDWFanatic
08-01-2007, 01:29 PM
I came across this on another website, (non-disney) and couldn't believe it. I didn't see anything posted about it yet. Sorry if it's a duplicate.

My thought...... NNNNNOOOOO

For the Kids: Snow White Remixed by Disney

TV Guide
8/1/07

Because nothing is sacred at Walt Disney Pictures anymore, the studio is developing Snow and the Seven, a live-action take on Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs in which an English girl trains for battle with seven Shaolin monks. Francis Lawrence (I Am Legend) has just come aboard to direct.... Disney Pictures has also bought the rights to the upcoming graphic novel — and, judging from the title, merchandising bonanza — Pet Robots.

SBETigg
08-01-2007, 02:02 PM
I actually don't think it sounds bad at all. There are so many variations of all the classic tales, and this certainly won't taint the animated classic in any way. So, no harm as far as I can see. Plus, if it presents a positive image for girls- a girl ready to fight for herself instead of being helpless and waiting to be rescued, it's especially good. I would have to see what they have in mind before passing judgment.

LaDracul
08-01-2007, 03:39 PM
I believe that the story takes place in 19th century Hong Kong, when it was occupied by the British.

It does beat the Sci-Fi idea they had in the late '70s where she takes refuge in an abandoned space station manned by seven droids.

But they then made "The Black Hole"...which you have to admit, the "White Star" idea sounds better.

HooksLeftHand
08-01-2007, 04:08 PM
Also, the script is being written by one of my favorite authors, Pulitzer-Prize winner Michael Chabon (The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay, Wonder Boys).

It's a classic story, and Disney's animated version is only one possible way to tell it. I'm guessing this one will be so different you'll barely know it's based on the same source material. Doesn't bother me a bit.

Surfer_Clock
08-06-2007, 01:22 AM
That doesn't sound very realistic at all (even if Disney does tend to run the merchandising for nearly everything into the ground these days). Was this posted on a website, or published in the TV Guide itself? I'd like to be able to read more into this. To me, it doesn't sound like a very good idea.

LibertyTreeGal
08-12-2007, 08:41 AM
Doesn't bother me either, now if they were going to redo Snow White and the Seven Dwarves, now THAT would bother me!

I think the worst version though, was Snow White and the Three Stooges, oy vey! It was very very bad!

Melanie
08-12-2007, 09:21 AM
Amanda Bynes' new movie is called 'Sydney White' and is a modern version set on a college campus. So yet another version is told.

DizneyFreak2002
08-12-2007, 12:04 PM
Other versions of movies are told all the time.... To name a few: Soul Plane is another Airplane!.... Johnson Family Reunion is National Lampoon's Vacation... Same idea, told differetly.... I have no problem with this, as long as the movie is good... and it is not a direct remake...

NotaGeek
08-12-2007, 03:28 PM
Amanda Bynes' new movie is called 'Sydney White' and is a modern version set on a college campus. So yet another version is told.

:thumbsup: