PDA

View Full Version : Haunted Mansion Soft Opening?

Disneyfide
08-01-2007, 12:52 PM
We' going to Disney September 2-9 and I was very disappointed to see that we would miss the re-opening of Haunted Mansion by 3 days, as this is my favourite ride in MK.

We have tickets to the :princess: Princess & Pirates :pirate: party on September 3. Does anyone know if they may have a soft opening of the Haunted Mansion that night ?

I'd sue hate to miss it because my wife is pregnant :woohoo: and once the baby comes we won't have time for a WDW vacation for a few years. :(

Strmchsr
08-01-2007, 02:23 PM
It's not impossible, but very doubtful. From what I understand from folks who are involved in this project, it's going to be extremely tight just getting open by the projected date, much less early. My guess is every day leading up to the projected opening will be filled with 24 hour work, and it still might be delayed by a couple of days.

JPL
08-01-2007, 02:23 PM
There is always the possibility that it may open earlier than scheduled but most of the time it is right on the money

KAJUNKING
08-01-2007, 02:32 PM
i am so glad we decided to go the week of the 13th! we almost booked the first weekend of sept, and i hate to miss the haunted mansion

Figment!
08-01-2007, 05:16 PM
Disney has announced special access for Passholders, which seems to imply the ride is not expected to open early.

Passholders to Get "Priority Access" to Newly Refurbished Haunted Mansion 9/14 -9/16 (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=111678)

Clotho
08-01-2007, 05:44 PM
That is strange. If they say it will repoen on the 12th, but special access doesn't begin until the 14th...?

CuteAsMinnie
08-01-2007, 08:10 PM
We actually just recently found out that the HM will be closed during our visit next week. I can't even begin to tell you all how totally bummed we were. It just won't be the same trip at all.:(

Figment!
08-02-2007, 10:26 AM
That is strange. If they say it will repoen on the 12th, but special access doesn't begin until the 14th...? Based on the opening schedule and the wording of the perk, it appears that Passholders will have FastPass-like access during the morning on those select dates.

This could imply that management did not feel a sneak peak would be possible while still staying on the refurbishment schedule, thus greatly reducing the likelihood of any sort of previews.

WDWPRIME
08-02-2007, 10:56 AM
What's going on with the Mansion?? They just cleaning it up, or will there be major changes?

:confused:

Disneyfide
08-02-2007, 01:31 PM
It's too ba that it's not going to be open on time, it certainly won't be the same.:(

In answer to your question WDWPRIME, it looks like they're adding an additional scene to the mansion ride.

Clotho
08-02-2007, 07:02 PM
There is another thread with two different newsletter reports in it. They are improving and enhancing the audio to include surround-sound effects (so our Ghost Host can seem to float around us!)

The great news is they are maintaining the original audio tracks/voice actors!! Exciting! Paul Frees' voice will continue to be our host!

They are also adding the Madame Leota floating-head effect that is already in place in DLR, as well as some other effects that they only allude to but have not revealed.

I am SO BUMMED I am going to miss this!