PDA

View Full Version : August Healthy Living Club

ChipDale
08-01-2007, 11:28 AM
Post your diet / excercise / lifestyle questions, concerns, tips and experiences here!

Good Luck, Everyone. :scale::bike::rope::walk::hurdle:

Horizon93
08-01-2007, 10:34 PM
DW and I did our 30 minute walk this morning. (every day, no excuses!) Strength and flexibility workouts in the morning. We are both doing well with the whole program. DW always feels like I lose faster than she does, but I think that is a common experience.

Welcome to August everyone!

TheDuckRocks
08-02-2007, 11:33 AM
Yes Ed, men do lose faster than women usually, but women will generally stay with a diet to the end and men tend to stop after a 20 to 30 pound weight loss.:D
Both of you keep up the good work.

Here we go again...
08-04-2007, 07:11 PM
I went to my Weight Watchers meeting today....
I lost another 2.4 pounds!!! :D:cloud9:

I thought I was going to gain weight this week because I did not stick to the plan very well. We had a few parties and we ate out more this week than usual. I guess I am really starting to learn how to make better food choices and use portion control. I have now lost over 34 pounds!

I think the pool is the best thing that I have ever done. I am now getting to a point that I look forward to working out in the pool and find it relaxing. Now that I am back at work I sure hope I do not stop exercising...

Horizon93
08-05-2007, 10:38 AM
Congrats Angel!Keep up the good work. A busy schedule can make things more challenging, but it can be done.

TheDuckRocks
08-06-2007, 03:19 PM
Was down 1 1/2 pounds at weigh-in on Saturday. Total now 69 pounds. Only 1 more pound to WW goal weight for me. Big bonus for me is that since I'm a lifetime WW member and am now 2 pounds or less than my goal weight I didn't have to pay this week.:donald:

Here we go again...
08-06-2007, 03:29 PM
Was down 1 1/2 pounds at weigh-in on Saturday. Total now 69 pounds. Only 1 more pound to WW goal weight for me. Big bonus for me is that since I'm a lifetime WW member and am now 2 pounds or less than my goal weight I didn't have to pay this week.:donald:

Kay,
I am sooooo proud of you!!
Hopefully that last pound will fall right off of you. :thumbsup:

TheDuckRocks
08-12-2007, 01:05 AM
Here I am a week later still with that dang one pound hanging on for dear life.:mad:
Oh well, maybe next week.

Horizon93
08-12-2007, 01:07 PM
Kay, lok at all that you have accomplished!

TheDuckRocks
08-13-2007, 12:34 PM
Thank you, Ed. That is what I keep reminding myself on a daily basis and that's what has kept me from attacking a bag of ruffles with mega amounts of onion dip.:blush:

Horizon93
08-14-2007, 08:57 PM
Kay, try Soy crisps. They are quite yummy, not perfect YOU: food, but pretty close.

TheDuckRocks
08-21-2007, 11:50 AM
OK! Lost another half pound at weigh-in on Saturday. Only one half left to go.:thumbsup:
Pray for me....I went home and made a :marg: to celebrate. I swear they are going to kick me out of Weight Watchers any day now or maybe be they will just make me take some kind of pledge to not tell anyone I'm a member.:blush:

Horizon93
08-25-2007, 11:23 AM
Congrats Kay! You are doing great.

Here we go again...
08-26-2007, 12:27 AM
I went to my weight in this morning. After a 1 pound weight gain last week I am happy to say that I am back on track this week
I lost 2.2 pounds (the one I found last week and a friend!) I am now down 36 pounds!! :cloud9:

I still have a Loooooooooong way to go. I am going to need lots of support on this journey at a pound a week.

TheDuckRocks
08-26-2007, 02:31 AM
I've finally done it! I lost 2 pounds at weigh-in and am now 1 and 1/2 pounds below my Weight Watcher goal. That is a total of 71.5 pounds. As you can see I'm writing this at 2:20 AM on Sunday morning and can't figure out why I can't sleep, could it be that I'm still wired?
Best of luck to all of you on your weight loss goals. And be sure that if I can do this anyone can! I'll still be hanging around here to see what you all are doing and to let you know how I'm doing on keeping the weight off.
Congratulations Angel on being back on track.:thumbsup:

Here we go again...
08-26-2007, 09:20 PM
Kay,
:congrats:

Isn't it weird that you fought those 2 pounds for sooooo long then they just fell off? :thumbsup:

Don't abandon us... we are going to need your positive posts to keep us going.

I still have a long way to go and it is hard with all of my health issues. After reading how well you did on the same program I feel that I can do this. I am trying to set some small goals. Right now I am very close to getting out of the woman's department.... I can't wait to shop for pants in any size without a "W" next to the size.

TheDuckRocks
08-27-2007, 11:26 AM
Oh Angel, I remember the first time a few months ago when I was able to walk over to the misses sizes at Dressbarn from the plus sizes, it was very exciting. It is so cool to be able to walk into a mall and know you can get something to wear at almost any store. Lane Bryant isn't doable any more!:donald:
I find it's fun to be buying clothes now that are more colorful and younger looking, I no longer look like the old granny that I am, even my grandson remarked that I "look cool". Still don't have any tats or body priecings though, nor have purchased any thing that might be in Brittany Spears closet.:D
I have kept a pair of my biggest jeans and have pinned them to the wall of my walk-in closet as a reminder of where I've been and could be again if I don't take this whole weight loss as a life style change.
It's fun Angel! Let me know when that "W" disappears.