PDA

View Full Version : tusker house for lunch closed?

LiloLovesTheKing26
08-01-2007, 09:36 AM
I'll be there 3rd week of september. So is that correct the tusker house will be closed for the renovations? So that just leaves flame tree for counter service then! :(

snifflesmcg
08-01-2007, 09:40 AM
Sadly, this is true. I can only imagine the lines at Flametree now.

LauraF
08-01-2007, 09:54 AM
There's also:

Restaurantosaurus (McDonald's food)
Pizzafari

And both are on the DDP.

cjb121879
08-02-2007, 11:04 AM
I'm really sad that this counter-service is going away. It had some really unique options and that is hard to find in WDW's counter service places.

Most spots have the generice burgers and chicken fingers while this place had awesome chicken sandwiches, salmon and sides like steak fries and green beans. I enjoyed it so much in June and I was looking forward to going again in September- only to find it was being transformed into a buffet! I'm pretty sad:(.

frakers
08-02-2007, 11:44 AM
Yet another one of the bad decisions Disney has made regarding guest satisfaction. Take something that everyone loves and find a way to up the price. This place was so popular, there was no good reason to change it the way they are. It was always packed.
I will miss the chicken and green beans and care nothing about Flame Tree. Really too bad. They had a good thing going.

DisneyTwinsMommy
08-02-2007, 01:13 PM
I suppose I am the only one with differing view here... I am a table-service gal... I would much prefer to sit at a table, with a real glass, plate, and fork and enjoy my meal. To me, it's a nice break from the go-go-go pace of the day. In AK the ONLY table service is Rainforest Cafe, which is very fun, but the food is average at best... Any changes that let me not eat off of a tray is okie in my book!

mac badger
08-03-2007, 10:58 AM
im really going to miss tusker house, it was awesome. sadly the last 3 times we went to AK, my inlaws insisted we eat at flame tree, which is good but gets boring. so now i wont get to go again to tusker:(:(:(

Jared
08-03-2007, 11:15 AM
I suppose I am the only one with differing view here... I am a table-service gal... I would much prefer to sit at a table, with a real glass, plate, and fork and enjoy my meal. To me, it's a nice break from the go-go-go pace of the day. In AK the ONLY table service is Rainforest Cafe, which is very fun, but the food is average at best... Any changes that let me not eat off of a tray is okie in my book!
I agree Animal Kingdom desperately needs another table service option. Rainforest Cafe is mediocre and always crowded. But taking away arguably the best counter service option in any park was a poor decision.

Yak & Yeti will offer table service dining when the Asian restaurant opens in a few months. If another new table service restaurant was necessary, it should either be in a new location, or an extension of Tusker House Restaurant.

Flame Tree Barbecue and Pizzafari are not enough to support the park's volume.