PDA

View Full Version : Your opinion on my ADR for a group of 14

traceyo1
08-01-2007, 09:04 AM
We have 4 families going to WDW December 12-17, ages are 10, 11, 13, 13, 15, 19, 2-35ish, 4-40ish, and 2-60ish. We know we won't be able to stick together the entire trip so we figured meals would be a good chance to get together and share events of the day. We are on the dining plan. What do you think of our choices of venues and times?
We arrive Wed 12th at 10:09am-going to MK 4:00 Crystal Palace and 9:40 Whispering Canyon
Thur 13 going to AK - no table service 8:00 Spirit of Aloha (paid for not DDP)
Friday 14-EPCOT-sample counter services in the world showcase and dinner at 5:00 Coral Reef with Candlelight Processional Tickets (I even got a diver booked with a welcome sign for all 4 families)
Saturday 15-MGM-Mama Melrose and Fantasmic Dinner Package 4:50
Sunday-1900 Park Fare 8:00 am and MK with Grand Gathering Magical Fireworks at 7:45

I was put in charge of all the planning (which I love to do). So I am hoping my choices will be good for the group. Let me know your thoughts.

SBETigg
08-01-2007, 09:36 AM
I think you've picked some great ones for your group. Have a wonderful time!

offwego
08-01-2007, 11:16 AM
The fireworks cruise is great..but make sure everyone realizes it's chilly out there on the water and dresses for it.

The buffets are a great way to appeal to all the age ranges as well.

I'm sure you'll have a good time!!:thumbsup:

bleukarma
08-01-2007, 11:40 AM
Sounds like you've made some great choices!!! Have fun!!! :mickey:

dolphinmickey9170
08-01-2007, 12:27 PM
We'll be there on the 15th too.....

This sounds like a wonderful plan. Hope you all enjoy!

vamaggie
08-01-2007, 12:45 PM
Sounds like a good plan but I have one question/thought. On the day you arrive you have Crystal palace at 4 and Whispering Canyon at 9:40. You may not be too hungry even by 9:40 and I would hate for you to miss WCC food/atmosphere is you are too full from CP. Just a thought. Enjoy your trip!!

shan-ash
08-01-2007, 01:41 PM
I also agree about the two TS meals; however Crystal Palace is a great way to start your vacation. I look forward to hearing how it goes:party:

BritCody
08-01-2007, 03:05 PM
I think you did a good job and I can give you some advice on this as last year I was in your shoes. I was in charge of 4 families and we had 21 in our party. Make sure all 14 understand that they need to be early to the ADR especially if you have some in the party who tend to be late to everything and most important be prepared to split up a little when it comes to tables or you could be waiting a while to get tables together and even in some cases after waiting it still didn't matter we were split up some. Last year at Crystal Palace we were split into 3 tables close to each other but it wasn't like you could have a conversation between the tables. The best seating together we had was 1900 Park Fare, Chef Mickey's and Whispering Canyon. They had us at 2 tables back to back. Have fun and stress to everyone about being prompt!!!!

KAT1811
08-01-2007, 03:41 PM
:mickey: Sounds wonderful. There are some great restaurants on your itinerary. We love 1900 Park Fare and are very diappointed they'll be down for a refurb on our upcoming trip. O'hana might be another fun choice for all of you if you were looking for some more ideas. Have a great time. We're headed down this year with 11 and I'm so excited. I'm also the planner so I understand wanting to pick the perfect restaurants that appeal to everyone!!! Have a great trip!!! :mickey:

traceyo1
08-01-2007, 03:54 PM
Sounds like a good plan but I have one question/thought. On the day you arrive you have Crystal palace at 4 and Whispering Canyon at 9:40. You may not be too hungry even by 9:40 and I would hate for you to miss WCC food/atmosphere is you are too full from CP. Just a thought. Enjoy your trip!!

Do you think it would be better to schedule Crystal Palace earlier? Say 2:00?
Thanks for all the positive comments!! I feel better already.

KAT1811
08-01-2007, 04:12 PM
I would I agree that 2 TS back to back may not leave you too hungry inbetween each of them. I may even go for a late breakfast (we LOVE the breakfast at CP) or an early lunch right when you get into the park. That way you're not teasing yourselves by riding a couple of rides and then taking a break for food and you'll certainly be hungry by 9:40pm.

tinkerbell04
08-01-2007, 04:58 PM
I would try to push the CP ressie back a little bit also. We will be there the same days that you will in December!:mickey:

traceyo1
08-01-2007, 06:04 PM
My concern is how long it will take to get to the park after we arrive. Flight is supposed to arrive at 10:05 am. We will be using Magical Express and staying at CBR. How early do you think I should make the CP reservation without fear of arriving too late?

vamaggie
08-01-2007, 08:58 PM
Make sure all 14 understand that they need to be early to the ADR especially if you have some in the party who tend to be late to everything

I completely agree with this. If you have folks in your group who are "time challenged" I would even pull a "suzee" on them (named after a good friend of mine who is chronically late): Tell them that the ADR is for 20-30 minutes earlier than it really is so when they show up 15-20 minutes late they will actually be right on time. :mickey:

tinksmom02
08-01-2007, 10:39 PM
I can't help you with timing re: ME cause i've never used it, but I think you should push CP to an earlier time, so you can fully enjoy both meals.

Having said that, I think your choices sound great, you have a nice mix of choices, it sounds like everyone will have a favorite!

I know your trip is months away, but would you mind posting a report when you all get back? I'm supposed to be planning a GG for 2009 and would love to hear your experiences!

Have a wonderful trip!

wendy*darling
08-01-2007, 10:58 PM
My concern is how long it will take to get to the park after we arrive. Flight is supposed to arrive at 10:05 am. We will be using Magical Express and staying at CBR. How early do you think I should make the CP reservation without fear of arriving too late?
I think 2pm should be early enough so that you'd be hungry again for WCC.
Plus, after traveling, you will be ready to eat when you arrive.
Assuming your flight is on time (landing at 10am) you should arrive at your resort no later than noon, but probably more like 11 or 11:30.
For my family, that would be enough time to check in and head to the bus stop for MK and lunchtime!
In June I had a group of 43 people (Boy Scouts). We landed at MCO at 4pm and made it to our ADR at Trail's End for 6:30pm! We used DME, and they were very slow that day too. We still made it on time.

traceyo1
08-02-2007, 05:56 PM
2:00 it will be and yes I will let everyone know how it turned out. Thanks for the imput. :mickey: