PDA

View Full Version : Wonders of Life

handmaidenofprincesses
07-31-2007, 11:23 PM
Hey, I was just wondering, does anyone know if Disney has any intention whatsoever to open Wonders of life again? It still says on the park map "operating seasonally", which you would think meant during peak season in the summer. However, it was closed, and a few of the lights have even burnt out in the sign... it's getting kind of seedy looking IMO. any ideas as to the plans disney has for it, whether official or rumors?

jszczur5
08-01-2007, 12:51 AM
The rumour on another site is that it is being mothballed as an attraction and going to be used as storage. What a shame. With a little re-vamping, this could be a great pavilion again. My kids have never seen any of these great attractions. Heck, I haven't seen them since the early 90's, so I can barely remember them. I do remember closing my eyes on Body Wars and having to put my head between knees, which was highly amusing to my husband.
It would have been nice to open this pavilion while SSE is closed for refurb, as it would help accomodate some of the crowds.

Jakk
08-01-2007, 02:16 AM
Acutally it gonna be housed for the F&W Festival. But I'm not sad of losing WOL. I never really ever enjoyed this pavillion the attraction werent really good and made me super sick (BW).

DizneyRox
08-01-2007, 06:00 AM
Since it wasn't open for the 4th of July holiday, when it mostly likely would have been needed for capacity reasons, chances are that it will never open again.

dolphinmickey9170
08-01-2007, 11:52 AM
Since it wasn't open for the 4th of July holiday, when it mostly likely would have been needed for capacity reasons, chances are that it will never open again.

This make me so sad, I loved Cranium Command.:(

KAJUNKING
08-01-2007, 12:01 PM
i wish they would do something with the pavillion, a show or something

emmingo
08-01-2007, 01:47 PM
From what I understand, its not used for public stuff much, but its used a lot for corporate events. It was open periodically until January 1, 2007, when Disney was supposed to say something, but it never did. I think the restaurants and stuff inside are totally gone, though.

Followthatmouse
08-01-2007, 02:13 PM
I will certainly miss Buzzy and friends at Cranium Command. It was a firm favorite in my family. :(

Polynesian Dweller
08-01-2007, 02:30 PM
Of the attractions in there, the one worth saving is Cranium Command. Other than that the pavillion did really have that much going for it.

Whatever happens there will likely depend on finding a sponsor and then developing whatever the sponsor wants. If the past is any indicator (i.e The Land, Horizons) a re-opened pavillion wouldn't have the old attractions return, at least not without changes.

wedway76
08-01-2007, 03:03 PM
On my DS’s first trip to WDW when he was 3 years old, I video taped him quite extensively exploring the Wonders of Life pavilion. I had video of him at almost all of the displays. At that time it was one of the few Disney attractions that didn’t scare him.

Every trip after that (until they closed of course) I taped him in all of the same places in the WOL. It was fun seeing him at different ages in the same places.

It’s sad that it’s not going to be around anymore

lindique
08-01-2007, 05:55 PM
I took tons of pictures inside the Wonders of Life building when it opened briefly last winter. I was hoping I'd be able to see Cranium Command again sometime, but was assuming the worst. I'm still hoping .....

Stu29573
08-01-2007, 06:21 PM
If I were a bettin' man, I'd say it's finaily gone for good. It seems strange that they would take out rides such as Horzons and World of Motion and replace them with stuff, but just let WOL rot. I guess it's all about sponsorship. It would have been cool if they could have used the WOL location for one of the newer rides and left the old dark rides.....Oh well......

handmaidenofprincesses
08-01-2007, 07:21 PM
I can't say I'm terribly sad to let it go... Cranium Command is fun, but I'll live without it. The only other thing I enjoyed in the pavillion was an exhibit that allowed you to experience what it was like to be blind or deaf, and even that was only there for a short time I think, though it was a good learning experience.

It's just sad to see the pavillion going to waste, and just being left to rot. I know it's semi-hidden, but you can still see it from some areas, especially at night, and it kind of detracts from the rest of the sights now that it's being permitted to become dilapidated.:(

Goofster
08-01-2007, 07:47 PM
Cranium Command and Audio Antics...you will be missed! :(