PDA

View Full Version : Innoventions and Project Tomorrow questions

Jakk
07-31-2007, 10:24 PM
Okay well my first question is basically what is Innoventions (sp?)? I've been going to EPCOT for 9 years but I've never took the time to see whats there. So is it worth checkin out? Also I heard they'll be some new thing in Innoventions (I forget what it's called) can anybody give some info on it?

My second question is I remember reading the official press release for the SSE refurb. In the article they said the 2nd phase will be finished in early 2008. So I knew that SSE would be opening in November so I assumed it'd be some new games or somthing in the Project Tomorrow area. Does anyone know whats going to be there because there's a awful lot of room left! So can anybody please answer my two questions? Thanks!:mickey:

Jared
07-31-2007, 11:19 PM
Innoventions is a couple buildings with interesting exhibits showcasing the technology of tomorrow. Some of the games and displays are worthwhile, others are boring and silly. I rarely spend any time at Innoventions.

In May, two games were operating in Project Tomorrow. One was a car racing video game and other was a surgery simulation. I believe two other exhibits are planned for the space.

Someone please correct me if I am incorrect.

emmingo
08-01-2007, 02:07 PM
If you've ever been to a "hands-on" museum, you are familiar with what Innoventions is like--its basically a series of small exhibits with themes, where kids and adults can test out scientific principles (or economic or physical, etc). We didnt do a LOT of stuff there, but there are some cool things like riding a Segway, playing with microscopes, a few communications tests, things like that. There is one really cool exhibit about alternative fuels that might be interesting.

Its a great place to hang out if, like me with Mission Space, you have to skip out on a ride that has a long wait time and need something to occupy you. I've heard a lot of rumors about Innoventions, from it being remodeled to accommodate more exciting technology to it being torn down completely, but never any movement...

disney_mommy
08-01-2007, 02:55 PM
Innoventions (West, I think? - the one closer to M:S) has some neat stuff for younger kids. It's always nice and cool in there, so when the others go on Test Track or M:S, I take the little ones (4 and 2) to Innoventions. There's a place in there that they can assemble little plastic robots (for FREE) so I let them make one whenever we are there. It passes the time in the A/C and they get a little souvenir.