PDA

View Full Version : America's Got Talent

caryrae
07-31-2007, 09:11 PM
Is just me or is this show going to turn into just another singing competition? Look how many singing acts are in the top 10 like 3/4's, a singer one last season. I just think it would be nice to leave the singers out and just have non singing acts Magic acts, jugglers, acrobatics, ect. The singers already have a few singing competition shows the non singers don't have anything on TV just for them.

chrisb26
07-31-2007, 09:54 PM
I agree it is kind of annoying how almost all of the top 10 acts are singing acts. There are so many shows today for singing people that they should stay with those. Special singing acts I can understand on this show but people who are by themselves singing I don't think should be on America's Got Talent. There where so many good acts while I was watching the auditions that are no longer here I am disappointed. We know people can sing we dont need every act to be a singing act because that would seem to me to take away of the entire aspect of the show. It isn't a talent show anymore its a singing show.

snifflesmcg
08-01-2007, 03:14 AM
Is just me or is this show going to turn into just another singing competition? Look how many singing acts are in the top 10 like 3/4's, a singer one last season. I just think it would be nice to leave the singers out and just have non singing acts Magic acts, jugglers, acrobatics, ect. The singers already have a few singing competition shows the non singers don't have anything on TV just for them.

My thoughts exactly! Isn't that why they have American Idol??

RAIDER
08-01-2007, 04:24 AM
I think on principle a child should not win the $million ...basically as they will have no control of their life and its the parents who basically could spend it how they please ...

Ive been watching it and found it brilliant entertainment but i agree there shouldnt have been any singers in this competition ....

My personal favourite overall in this competition was Quick Change :thumbsup:

caryrae
08-01-2007, 06:45 AM
I think on principle a child should not win the $million ...basically as they will have no control of their life and its the parents who basically could spend it how they please ...

Ive been watching it and found it brilliant entertainment but i agree there shouldnt have been any singers in this competition ....

My personal favourite overall in this competition was Quick Change :thumbsup:

You must have just got America's Got Talent where you live. Quick Change was from 1st season. We are on the second season here. I thought Quick change was really cool too.

The Reservoir Dog
08-01-2007, 08:40 AM
Not really into this sort of show. It seems from what I've seen is that if you are under 14 you've got every chance of winning. From earlier posts it appears I've seen bits of the first series. The pranching harmonica player just gets on my nerves. A yodeling girl and a bunch of dancing fiddlers?????

I agree. Get rid of the musical acts unless it's a novelty act and have more contortionists and jumping basketball players etc.

Also agree that Quick Change is very good.

DessertDivaFL
08-01-2007, 09:31 AM
In defense of the singers, American Idol has an age range (15-29) which limits who can audition. If you are older than 29, shouldn't you have a chance to sing in a competition? I think the guy who works in the sewer in Ohio should make it to the top 5 at least. He has a great voice. Love the ventriloquist too!

AdventurerKim
08-01-2007, 10:15 AM
I've been watching America's Got Talent both seasons and have been disappointed this season with some of the acts that were passed on by the judges and a few who made the top 10 this time. I did like Quick Change from last season, and the magician who shot himself across the theatre was awesome! Bianca Ryan does have a spectacular voice and deserved to win last year, but I also liked the yodeling girl because she was unique and not the typical singer. I don't think singers should be excluded, but I don't think the judges are putting through enough good variety acts. I thought the magician who had the midget and who sawed the guy in half in the surgery scene was awesome, although his last performance wasn't that great. He should have gone on to the top 10. I'm glad the ventriloquist is still in the running because he is amazing. It's still fun to watch and a nice diversion over the summer.

RAIDER
08-01-2007, 10:48 AM
You must have just got America's Got Talent where you live. Quick Change was from 1st season. We are on the second season here. I thought Quick change was really cool too.

Oh my god were that far behind ...ooops :-o

There showing the wild card programme from series one this week :-o

Fantasmic
08-07-2007, 10:40 AM
Oh my god were that far behind ...ooops :-o

There showing the wild card programme from series one this week :-o

Penn and Teller were great on the UK's airing of the 1st season of AGT (results show)

Carol
08-07-2007, 11:04 AM
That is exactly why I don't watch. I started watching last season and felt the same way. Too many singing shows already. :ack:

chrisb26
08-07-2007, 05:14 PM
The thing with American Idols age limit does play into factor for a couple people however I'm pretty sure that there are some people in the finals right now that could go do american idol or another singing competition. However certain acts that sing are alright like the ventriloquist or the girl singing group which really couldn't do any other singing show they I think are alright but the straight up singers there are others shows for you to go on. Showcase all of americas talents not just singing.

I also loved the quick change artists from the first season they where probably my favorite!

JanetMegan
08-15-2007, 08:59 AM
Does anyone other than me REALLY want the puppet guy to win?

caryrae
08-15-2007, 05:08 PM
Does anyone other than me REALLY want the puppet guy to win?

My wife and I really like Terry Fator the
Ventriloquist (he sings better with is mouth closed than alot do with there mouth open) and Cas Haley the reggie singer.

Just as I thought all singers in the top 4. I know one is a ventriloquist but he does sing in all his acts.

AdventurerKim
08-18-2007, 09:59 AM
I think Terry Fator or Butterscotch should win based on pure talent, and for me, it's a tough choice btwn the two bc they're both really talented and entertaining. Even though I don't listen to beat-box music, it's still amazing to me what Butterscotch can do when she performs. Terry Fator is just amazing btwn singing with his mouth closed, doing dead-on impersonations, and the humor he adds with his puppets.

caryrae
08-19-2007, 05:20 PM
I may be one of the few who really don't like Butterscotch. I don't think she sounds good at all. The guy from American Idol who came in second was way better at beat boxing then butterscotch.

chrisb26
08-25-2007, 01:35 AM
Well incase you missed it the finals where held eariler this week and Terry Fator the Ventriloquist won! This guy really was amazing. He sang so many different types of songs and made each one intresting. Like somebody else said he sings better with his mouth closed then most do open. :D I was glad to see that he won. I've liked him since the start and glad that somebody like this won. Way to go Terry! :number1:

Clotho
08-25-2007, 03:37 AM
My hubby adn I were torn between Terry and Cas. I loooove Cas! I will entirely buy an album from him.

I agree with both points. There are too many singing opportunities out there. At the same time, most have an age limit. Yuck.

As for Quick Change...REALLY?! I can't believe anyone liked them after they did the SAME SHOW EVERY SINGLE TIME. They didn't change a THING (okay, a song here an outfit there...but the exact same tricks to the letter). I had to laugh and choke when they had them guest star on the finals. Over a year later...and they STILL DID THE SAME SHOW! I wish they had given Piece a chance to speak. Look at his face-he was thinking the same thing I was. "ARE YOU KIDDING ME? THE SAME ACT AGAIN?!"