PDA

View Full Version : Laptops in Resorts

Mnchknbrat1982
07-31-2007, 06:46 PM
So for those of you that bring your laptop with you how do you secure it when you are at the park? I am debating about bringing it or not to upload my pictures to everynight. I am kind of skeptical about just leaving it in the bottom of my suitcase. What is everyone's experience with the housekeeping messing with them?
And should I bring it or not......I'll have enough memory cards for about 2,500 pictures.

wendy*darling
07-31-2007, 06:52 PM
I always bring my laptop- and sometimes we have as many as 3 in the room (DH and DS, too! :rolleyes:) I use mine for pictures, but I always have to work a little too.

A couple of resorts have in-room safes large enough to hold a laptop. (I can't remember which ones do though :confused:)

But we all have cable locks made for laptops and secure them to a piece of furniture or the bed frame. You can get them in any store that sells computers.

I have never had a problem- at WDW or other hotels.

DizneyRox
07-31-2007, 07:02 PM
I bring a laptop and have never had a problem leaving it on the table in the room. I wouldn't thnk twice about it, it's not like they don't know who was in the room.

You could do as others suggest if you're still nervous.

Hammer
07-31-2007, 07:03 PM
A couple of resorts have in-room safes large enough to hold a laptop. (I can't remember which ones do though :confused:)

I have never had a problem- at WDW or other hotels.

Hi, Linda :wave: !

I think the resorts where you may be able to fit a small laptop in the safe are at the monorail resorts (Poly, GF, and Contemporary, but not Wilderness Lodge). My sister brings her laptop so she can check work email and do a little work (as well as check Intercot). Big plus: She can expense the high speed Internet daily charge :thumbsup: ! We have never had a problem either.

RaRaRoundTheWorld
07-31-2007, 09:24 PM
We brought our laptops. They fit neatly into our room safe, which is where we placed them every time we left the room.

SurferStitch
07-31-2007, 09:35 PM
We've always just left our laptop sitting on the table in the room. Never had a problem.

Mnchknbrat1982
07-31-2007, 09:36 PM
If I bring it I think I may just put it in the bottom of my suitcase and lock my suitcase. Anyone done this?

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-31-2007, 09:37 PM
I've locked my camera/camcorder in my suitcase and never had a problem.

Polynesian Dweller
07-31-2007, 09:48 PM
I bring mine and never a problem. I pack it in the suitcase and lock it, more to get it out of the way so its easier to clean the room than concern about theft.:mickey:

LIGHTNING MC-DAD
07-31-2007, 10:11 PM
We've always just left our laptop sitting on the table in the room. Never had a problem.

We do the same and have never had any issues.

tinksmom02
07-31-2007, 10:11 PM
we brought ours and left it on the table, no problems.

My mom did the same, except she has a cordless mouse for her laptop, and the mouse went in the safe every day. :confused:

As for your other question, if the only reason you're bringing the laptop is to upload pics, I think you'll be OK with your one memory card--2500 pics is a lot!

We hardly even used our laptop last time, and we're not bringing it in Sept.

LandFan
07-31-2007, 10:28 PM

Us too. I always bring one and leave it out. No problems whatsoever.

KathyMO
07-31-2007, 11:04 PM
I bring mine and never a problem. I pack it in the suitcase and lock it, more to get it out of the way so its easier to clean the room than concern about theft.:mickey:

:ditto:

Kathy :mickey:

Ms.Disney
07-31-2007, 11:25 PM
DF and I were wondering about this aswell, he has to bring his on our Disneymoon:mickey: in Sept.

Seasonscraps
08-01-2007, 06:58 AM
You can add us to the never had a problem with the laptop group. The only time we hid it was when we had a ground floor room with doors facing a pool area -- we put it the carrier to keep it out of plain sight.