PDA

View Full Version : How noisy is it?

LibertyTreeGal
07-31-2007, 06:17 PM
Okay, my DH is considering a job in South Carolina, just 6 1/2 hours from WDW and we are both totally excited about slowing down the pace and spending 2 weeks in the pop up at Fort Wilderness instead of doing the 1 week at WL for the exact same price (DDP included) -- but I have just one worry!

How noisy is it at FW? We go to so many campgrounds with people being loud long into the night and we hate that aspect of "camping" -- it's why we prefer backpacking, to be honest.

Is there a quiet hours policy or are we going to be inundated with partying people all night long?

Thanks!

Not2Loud
07-31-2007, 08:45 PM
Of all the times I have been there, I have never had a problem with noise. I would assume if you are up in the loops by the Hoop De Doo, you might have a bit more since there is more foot traffic.

ibrowse17
07-31-2007, 09:58 PM
We have both camper and tent camped at FW, and never had any major problems with noise. During the day it is very quiet, and not much worse at night. Most Disney campers are very respectful to their neighbors, much more so than I have seen at other campgrounds. In my humble opinion, the 2000 loop is the best for tent or pop up camping:thumbsup:

tungpo1
08-01-2007, 06:51 AM
Oh my here it comes!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.rit.edu/~cgs2794/files/pub/crappers/waaambulance.jpg

DNS
08-01-2007, 03:06 PM
We have stayed at FW six times now and the only time it was noisy was in May last year when they had some Iron man thing going on and that got really loud. Other than that, we've never had even a slight problem. Most people spend their days and evenings at the parks or pools, so Ithink you'll find very little noise. It is honestly the most peaceful campground we've ever stayed at.

CU Tiger
08-01-2007, 07:54 PM
The only noise we have experienced was from either the Disney buses or the Mouse keeper carts being moved around. Both of these depends how close your site is to either the road or one of the cabin loops. Either way, I do not think it is that bad. The quietness is one of the reasons we always return to FW. :mickey:

mickey98
08-05-2007, 08:28 AM
You won't even realize you are in a campground........

drummerboy
08-07-2007, 07:47 AM
tungpo1, why have you posted the same pciture twice on this thread?

Edited to say that the second post was deleted and I still don't understand why the first was even used.

Scar
08-07-2007, 11:14 AM
tungpo1, why have you posted the same pciture twice on this thread?Why was it even posted once? :confused:

I've never camped there but I have camped at other campgrounds, so here's my theory:

At almost all other campgrounds the main attraction is the campground. people relax all day long and party late into the night. At WDW, most everyone is tired when they get back from the parks and want to get up early for EMH. Make sense?

LibertyTreeGal
08-07-2007, 11:30 AM
Yep, makes sense -- and thanks to everyone for responding, you've greatly eased my mind!

I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't understand the pic. I thought it was an inside joke on this part of the board so I just didn't say anything. LOL :D

ibrowse17
08-07-2007, 02:35 PM
If that pic thing is an inside joke, some one please let me in on it. Well, on second thought, do not waste your time.:thumbsup: