PDA

View Full Version : Teppan Edo has been delayed....[Merged Threads] Updated 8/12/07

wdwfan
07-31-2007, 05:10 PM
Just saw that the re-opening is being delayed until 9/15. If anyone has ADR I'd call & try for something else.

SBETigg
07-31-2007, 05:12 PM
Where did you get the info, wdwFan?

wdwfan
07-31-2007, 05:16 PM
Another board. Several of the people have confirmed this because they have called in trying to get something else. This is during free dining and they are having hard time finding anything.

SBETigg
07-31-2007, 05:30 PM
Thanks for the tip. I'll check into it. My ADRs are for 8/21.

Checking back in-- a really big thank you, wdwfan! Your information was absolutely correct and even the Dining CM had to take some time to double check it, but indeed, the Teppan Edo opening has been pushed to 9/15. I was able to get back a Rose & Crown ADR, as I originally had before news that Teppan Edo would be open. I feel fortunate to have been able to change it before nothing else was available.

LauraF
07-31-2007, 07:16 PM
Yes, thanks for the tip!
I called reservations and they told me they were going to be calling everybody with ADRs during that time to reschedule. I might not have a found a good place if I'd not heard about this. If anybody else has reservations at Teppanyaki - CALL NOW to reschedule. It's really full at all the restaurants.

Lacy
07-31-2007, 08:03 PM
Thanks so much for the update! I was able to get an ADR at Rose & Crown! I was excited about Teppan Edo but am also looking forward to trying the Rose & Crown!

wdwfan
07-31-2007, 09:16 PM
Glad I could help and really glad you got someplace else. :mickey:

Crow
07-31-2007, 10:33 PM
guess im safe as my ADR is for the 21st

Texas Tinkerbell Too
08-01-2007, 12:12 AM
Yikes! My ADR is for 9/14. We were really looking forward to eating there. We've never been able to get in. Maybe we just aren't meant to.:confused: Thanks for the info!

Texas Tinkerbell Too
08-01-2007, 03:43 AM
Okay, I can't sleep now. Just heard Teppanyaki is still under refurbishment for my ADR.
So, I am hoping we can still get a table service somewhere else for Sept DDP 2007.
I wanted to know what you think before I call for a new ressie today.
Maya Grill? kids menu has shrimp (nice change)
Shutters? Sweet potatoes & spinach (hmmm)
Wolfgang puck cafe? Does it have a kids menu, if so what's on it?
Concourse steakhouse? :confused:

RAIDER
08-01-2007, 04:16 AM
If it was my choice i would go for the Maya Grill
Shutters is a no no :thumbsup::mickey:

Either way have fun ;)

PeterPanFan
08-01-2007, 06:46 AM
have they delayed the refurb? I thought this was to be complete Sept 1

PeterPanFan
08-01-2007, 07:59 AM
We are going on the 16th. I sure hope its ready!

GrumpyFan
08-01-2007, 09:45 AM
OH NOOOO!!! We had ADR's for 9/6...

No phone call yet. We'll be calling sometime today. But, the question is where should we eat now?

LauraF
08-01-2007, 09:52 AM
Yep. It's delayed . . . again.

My vote is for Maya Grill (and that's where I changed my ADR to!:mickey:)
The Concourse is also excellent
Shutters - mmm, not so good

Rileylightyear
08-01-2007, 10:00 AM
I just got off the phone with Disney about my reservations at Teppanyaki on Sep 8 and they said it will be open. :thumbsup:

LauraF
08-01-2007, 10:01 AM
When I called them last night it appears most of the restaurants at the parks are full or very close to it. (Depends on your party size) However, many of the resort restaurants appear to still be open. I got a nice ADR at the Maya Grill instead and could have had my pick of several other resort TS places (including the Yachtsman!)

My suggestion is to use the nice listing of DDP restaurants in "Info Central" and narrow down to the choices you'd like. But rather than choose and be repeatedly disappointed, I asked the CM on the phone which were still open and then decided. The CMs are also very good about recommendations - mine was telling me about the food at all of them given half a chance.:papple:

LauraF
08-01-2007, 10:08 AM
I just got off the phone with Disney about my reservations at Teppanyaki on Sep 8 and they said it will be open. :thumbsup:
Really?!? :confused:
I had an ADR for 9/12 and they told me it would be closed.
Hmm . . .

princessimagineer
08-01-2007, 10:20 AM
yea i have ADRs for teppenyaki the last week of august and as far as i kno there still on, unless my moms not telling me somethinnnggggggg.......

Texas Tinkerbell Too
08-01-2007, 11:00 AM
Well it is true. We had ressie for 9/14. The reservationist looked it up and said it was cancelled (by them) closed for refub until 9/15. I asked why they could not have just left it in case they opened a day early. She said it will definitely be closed until 9/15.:crying:

SBETigg
08-01-2007, 11:13 AM

The CM I spoke with had no idea. She said I was all set and repeated my ADR confirmation number. It was simply listed as full to new reservations. So I asked her if she could tell me the date the rehab ends, to double-check. She had to check with me on hold while she sought confirmation, and sure enough, came back and said it was closed until Sept 15. Then she apologized to me profusely and set about getting me a new ADR.

You are going to want to call back and ask them specifically what they know about the refurb and when it will end, because a little investigation on the part of the CM should turn up the Sept 15 reschedule.

GrumpyFan
08-01-2007, 03:45 PM
Called and confirmed today. It will not be open for our planned ADR on 9/6. Changed to Spoodles on the Boardwalk.

disneyfan328
08-02-2007, 09:00 AM
Just wanted to let everyone know that I called as I have 2 adr's there for an upcoming trip 9/22 & 9/27 the cast member that I talked to said that they are what she would consider "Orange Zone" reservatations and that she HIGHLY recommended that I have a plan B. She indicated that they suspect that it will be closed up to another week after the 15th. So both of my ressie's would be shot. We have a party of 5 and it was next to impossible to find another reservation somewhere that my DH and 3 kids will all eat. All that was open was marakkesh, biergarten, & nine dragons and some of the places at other resorts. We checked out those menus and not too much appealing to all of us. Being that we are not renting a car, those resorts are out of the question as its going to be too much on our first night there with 3 kids to be traveling around too much. We have a really early flight and wanted to call it an early night that night. I am keeping my fingers crossed and hoping that it will be open for at least one of adr's. Just fyi.

hooberry
08-02-2007, 09:29 AM
:mickey:as soon as I read this I got on the phone since we have a res for sept 14. I was told it would still be closed thru sept.:( The ONLY other reservation I could get in Epcot for dinner for 8 was Marekesh, not my favorite but unless I wanted to eat very late that was my only choice. We really don't want to leave the park that night.Illuminations:mickey:

Bethanymouse
08-03-2007, 04:24 PM
You are definitely right. I called dining today since we had a ressie for August 27th. The castmember informed me that it will be closed until Sept 15. Not sure where to book now.....I am a little upset and disappointed that Disney didnt call or inform us. I hope I can find someplace good. Thank God for intercot!

chrisie703
08-04-2007, 03:34 PM
I called this morning and changed
my ADR from Teppan to Chefs de
France for 9/7. I asked the CM if
they call when they cancel
reservations, and she said, "didn't
they tell you when you booked it?":confused: I said "how could I
book it if it was scheduled to be
closed?" Not real bright, this one,
and not apologetic at all!:-o
So glad I saw this post. Thank you
to all!:thumbsup:

Texas Tinkerbell Too
08-04-2007, 03:46 PM
:mickey:as soon as I read this I got on the phone since we have a res for sept 14. I was told it would still be closed thru sept.:( The ONLY other reservation I could get in Epcot for dinner for 8 was Marekesh, not my favorite but unless I wanted to eat very late that was my only choice. We really don't want to leave the park that night.Illuminations:mickey:

If you wanted to leave Epcot, but not go far for better dinner choices, then consider dining at the YachtClub, the Boardwalk, Beachclub for tablesservice. Then, go back to Illuminations!
:mickey:

moe513
08-04-2007, 04:05 PM
I tried 15 places before I got frustrated and took Olivias but I think Im going to call back and try some more places.

Bethanymouse
08-04-2007, 09:07 PM
We were able to get a reservation at Ohana's for that night, but we are eating there two nights previous....oh well....I am not one to complain about eating that delicious banana's foster bread pudding twice in one week!:blush:

disneyfan328
08-12-2007, 08:48 PM
Ok, so here we go again. I was reading elsewhere that the opening had been delayed again. It was to be open on 9/16 and I had been calling and calling last week and kept being told 9/16 - it is 9/16 well I saw elsewhere today that it was delayed again until 10/14!!!!!!! I was a little skeptical since I didn't see it here on Intercot so I called and guess what????? It is true. Was told by the first CM that I talked to that she has no info now on the opening date and that she really couldn't help me. I asked her to get me a supervisor. I s/w a woman from guest services who tells me that it is true that they really have no idea when it is going to reopen right now it is 10/14 !!!!!!! Anyone with reservations through then is going to need to find somewhere else to dine. She transferred to a "special line" that is taking the guests. I can only imagine what I am going to be told. I have been sitting her on hold foreve already - at least 15 mins. Where are the going to put everyone when just about everything is booked? They are going to squeeze us in somewhere and the waits for my family and everyone else are just going to be longer!!!! This is insane - How can they be this far off on reopening????? :mad:2 months is a ways to be off. I will update this post when and if I get someone on the line to help me. I have 2 reservations there the last week in September. Eating elsewhere is going to throw a big wrench into our plans. My DH is going to be very disappointed.:(

Well DH is going to be disappointed as are numerous others. I was on hold for about 45 mins. The did have a recording that said you could leave name and number, but I didn't want to do that so I kept on holding which was my choice. I finally got a super friendly very nice CM on the line who states that now it is not going to be open until sometime in mid november. I asked why they were so far off in the planning on this and he said - it is more like they got started and then they changed the plans and new permits ect as they have pretty much decided to go even bigger and better than the original plans. They decided to make additions and bigger kitchen areas ect to accomodate more diners, but of course that is going to take even more time. I am waiting now to talk to DH to decide where we want to try for. This is only our second time in WDW and first time ever really eating in Epcot and we were so looking forward to it. So much that we booked it twice. Now I just have to figure out what to do.

good luck to all that have ressies I would say at this point through November. Maybe someday we can go again and try it. I am so bummed. First SE, Then RNR, now this. geez.

KCMom
08-13-2007, 09:05 AM
It's true. delayed again. I called first thing this morning. A very nice CM confirmed that it is now rescheduled for 10/14. My ressies were for 9/30. I was offered Nine Dragons or R&C. Weird because last week when I tried to change NOTHING was available at Epcot that entire night. Call soon if you are going to need to reschedule.

Good Luck!

Crow
08-13-2007, 08:39 PM
now should i wait to call? wait for them to call?:confused:
Sept 21st is my ADR

Jen C.
08-13-2007, 08:50 PM
Call now and make a new ADR. Don't cancel your Teppan Edo when you call. Just act as though you don't have any ADR for that night. That way, they will still need to contact you when they get to your date. At that time, inform them that you had heard and were a step ahead, and are all set. That's when you will be offered any "perks" for the inconvenience of Teppan Edo being delayed. We got the VIP Illuminations perk, even though I had made another ADR. If you cancel, you are out of the system, and they won't have to call you, thus... no perk.;)