PDA

View Full Version : What Disney item do you always buy during your WDW trip?

NJMan66
07-31-2007, 03:51 PM
OK, let's all come clean. We all do it. We all can't help it. No matter how many we have, we have to have another one.The real question is, what is it?

What is the one or two Disney items you always buy during your WDW trip? The key here is you cannot come back from a WDW vacation without purchasing at least one of these items; no matter how many you already own.

I always get myself, my wife and my kids some type of a character shirt. My family must have mickey shirts, minnie shirts, lilo shirts, donald shirts, stich shirts, goofy shirts, animal kingdom shirts... I can never have enough! How about you?

Disnamic Duo
07-31-2007, 04:41 PM
You got me...

Yeah, every trip I get a coffee mug or a polo shirt or both. Usually both. But hey, they're practical. I drink lots of coffee, and I wear polos all the time.

For my wife, almost always some kind of character sweatshirt. And since we got her an Engle Puppe (doll) in the German pavilion in Epcot, we get her a new dress for it each time.

Fun traditions and great reminders throughout the year.

Wolf
07-31-2007, 04:51 PM
i always buy at least 5 antenna balls for my car and always at least one stuffed animal...We are going in Jan. to celebrate my 21st birthday but I still l love my stuffties!

caryrae
07-31-2007, 04:56 PM
I always have to get the offical t-shirts that has the year on it and some kind of disney baseball cap.

SurferStitch
07-31-2007, 05:05 PM
I tend to have a lot of "must-haves" on each trip...

1. Big figure
2. Plush (always a new Stitch, and usually an additional character)
3. A sweatshirt or hoodie (preferably Stitch), or two...... or four :blush:
4. A character sketch (started collecting these in 2003) or a sericel
5. a new Stitch pin (or two or three)
6. An article of clothing from the resort we stay at (usually a hoodie)
7. Picture frame
8. Christmas ornaments
9. some type of jewelry (Stitch/Tink/etc.)
10. New charms for my Disney bracelet

LauraF
07-31-2007, 06:51 PM
Something with either Maleficent or a dragon on it. (Stuffed toys count too!)
Cat sushi dishes from Teppanyaki Mistsukoshi (I've got a large collection going now!)
A beer mug in Germany for my father.

mickey-mouse35
07-31-2007, 08:08 PM
Christmas ornament for my Mickey/Minnie tree! :santa3: :tree:

IloveDisney71
07-31-2007, 09:32 PM
I never leave without buying a new shirt and a snowglobe. Sometimes I buy other things, but I always get these 2 things.:yay:

Polynesian Dweller
07-31-2007, 09:50 PM
Always get a Christmas ornament and usually a hat and golf shirt.

DisneyMelissa
07-31-2007, 10:06 PM
I always buy an antenna topper for my mom (she has a collection of them sitting on top of her pencils at work), a character t-shirt, some cookies from Germany and a snowglobe. This year, I hope to start the tradition of getting some of those vintage posters for my new apartment.

RockChalkKimball
07-31-2007, 10:11 PM
I always have to have notepads or sticky pads and pencils and pens. It helps keep the magic alive until I get to go again. I bought a purse that has vintage Mickey/Minnie on it on my last trip. I am amazed at how many people comment on it and ask where they can get one!!:thumbsup:

tinksmom02
07-31-2007, 10:26 PM
I was reading this post thinking that I don't buy the same stuff each trip...first trip I got my mug, last trip I got my sweatshirt...last trip I forgot to get an ornament, so it's a good thing we're going back this year LOL

Course, DD always comes home with t-shirts(s), pins, stuffed animals...

BUT I just realized I have magnets on my fridge from both trips! So there you go LOL

Tink#64
08-01-2007, 12:40 AM
I'm also one of those that get the same things every trip. We always get a new personalized Christmas ornament, new antenna toppers, we all get new shirts, & DH & I always get a new watch!These are our favorites & I'm sorry - I couldn't pick just 2!:blush:

like2workout
08-01-2007, 08:44 AM
i always buy a new disney photo album to put my pictures in for that specific trip. i've found that different parks and stores have some different photo albums, so i try to wait until near the last day to buy one. and sometimes, i take so many pictures that i have to buy 2!

DessertDivaFL
08-01-2007, 09:21 AM
Being a "foodie" I always get something food related. I love that kitchen store in DTD. I wish I had an unlimited gift card and I would do my entire kitchen in Disney style! I buy one or two pieces at a time and I always get chocolate chip shortbread cookies there.

Diznee4Me
08-01-2007, 09:56 AM
A coffe mug and a Christmas ornament with the year on it. These are a must have for the DW!

Twinkletoes77705
08-01-2007, 10:52 AM
I HAVE to buy Micky or Minnie ears....why I dunno. I just know my trip is not complete until I put thiem on...then I go and get a minnie balloon...the silver shinny ones and I walk around in the park all day long. Disney is by far the ONLY place a 35 year old woman could walk around with ears and a balloon and not feel like a goof. I like others get the antenna balls and a towel too! I like your question :mickey:

NJMan66
08-01-2007, 10:58 AM
Disney is by far the ONLY place a 35 year old woman could walk around with ears and a balloon and not feel like a goof.

I feel the same way being in my 40s while walking around in a goofy shirt. :blush:

gauvin4
08-01-2007, 12:45 PM
For me its a new Mickey shirt, note pads and a new I.D. tag for my dog. My son always buys a new stuffed animal (that goes for any where we go), my daughter buys jewelry and my husband always buys a new baseball cap.:mickey:

Lizzie
08-01-2007, 01:36 PM
Photo album for the pictures from the trip.

Collage frame, Christmas ornament, and I have been buying the same keychain with an S and Mickey hanging off it since I was in High School.

And now its stuff for the kids.

DizNee143
08-01-2007, 03:53 PM
i always buy myself some type of clothing..which usually ends up being a hoodie!!i LOVE my hoodies!!!!!! :mickey:

dolphinmickey9170
08-01-2007, 05:36 PM
For us its a shirt(s) and travel mugs.

9 more days

princessjojo
08-01-2007, 05:52 PM
I always get a new photo album, the one with the castle insert on the front cover and comes with a matching gel pen. I also get t-shirts and beach towels.

Love them....

mttafire
08-01-2007, 08:59 PM
Christmas ornament for my Mickey/Minnie tree! :santa3: :tree:
Us too!:mickey:

CaptainSad
08-02-2007, 11:45 AM
Pins,Pins,Pins.:thedolls:and more pins. Going in December (16-23). Got to get my fix. Got to add to my collection of 4500 pins. I do get other things like T-shirts and stuff. But pins are the thing for me.

Darin M
08-02-2007, 12:04 PM
Old School character hats,
and of course a new picture on each big ride.

TINKERBELL_82
08-02-2007, 12:42 PM
I always buy something from the gift shop in Japan. They have the cutest Hello Kitty stuff, and Speed Racer for DH. I also get neat Japanese food and drinks there.

Stich8818
08-02-2007, 01:42 PM
A coffe mug and a hoodie...The trip in October will involve some pins also. But what ever else catches my eye.

Ariel_Fan
08-02-2007, 04:57 PM
I always buy a picture frame, ornament and magnet. I buy a magnet and ornament on every vacation (Disney or not). Its a great way to remember trips when puting up the tree and every time when you get into the fridge. :mickey:

TIGGERSDOBOUNCE
08-02-2007, 08:04 PM
:mickey: Just a couple off the top of my head...

:wave: All four of us, me (DH), DW, DD (13), and DS (12) must have that years t-shirt...theme or year...

:wave: Located at the end of Main Street, left at the hub is a refreshment cart...for years we have been buying sodas there just so we can go home with the white Magic Kingdom cups to use the rest of the year until we go back.

:wave: We can't go home without buying magnets for our refrigerator...and there is only one place to buy magnets...Chester and Hesters Dinosaur Treasures in AK.

:wave: I'm sure if my DW were here she would say...you forgot ?...and what about ?...you mean to tell me you don't remember ?...Gotta love her!

REALLY COOL THREAD!

FUN FUN :tigger: FUN

LandFan
08-02-2007, 11:39 PM
We always get new beach towels. We have quite a collection now! We get them as gifts for people too.

We always get refillable mugs too. THey are just handy.

I also always get the chocolate covered coconute patties in the shape of mickey heads - they are sooo good! (Found in MouseGears and WOD)

pdrlkr
08-03-2007, 09:51 AM
All 4 of us get a T-shirt. :thumbsup: :mickey:

Momof2boys
08-03-2007, 10:29 AM
We always buy a Mickey head ornament w/ the year on it, the Disney scrapbook with the year on it, and a plush that we think best described our trip. Plus the ornament & magnet from our resort.

Deesdisney
08-04-2007, 10:49 AM
I use to collect coffee mugs but when I reached 201 I ran out of room to display them. So now I collect Shot glasses (because they are smaller) and a character figurine that me and my daughter collect together. Lately I started to collect Mickey figurines with the year for our visit.

merlinmagic4
08-04-2007, 12:54 PM
I always get a magnet with the year on it!!

Tygger7
08-04-2007, 01:15 PM
We always buy coffee mugs, the refillable mugs, and a resort t-shirt. Plus, we always end up getting several t-shirts from the parks too. No matter how many I have, I just can leave without them!!:thumbsup:

playdead88
08-04-2007, 01:34 PM
we always get:

1. picture frame
2. photo album
3. christmas ornament
4. snow globe

pook@wdw
08-04-2007, 04:36 PM
Character /resort tees for everyone, a beach towel from one resort, park, water park, pins (dated), and a dated scrapbooking kit w/album, pages, and assorted stickers/accessories, a ceramic statue (for DH), and a dated Xmas ornament!

KEYONNAH
08-05-2007, 10:33 PM
I usually get several t-shirts and a snowglobe. I get several if possible.

Bethanymouse
08-06-2007, 12:00 AM
We go every year, and for some reason or another, we always leave with at least 3 pins. We are not pin collectors, not do we trade. They end up sitting in my jewelry box...but when I am in the world I cant say no! We also purchase a new ornament every year!

Here we go again...
08-06-2007, 12:16 AM
Basin Bath Bombs! I know they are not really Disney items, but I can only get them there and nothing relaxes me and brings my mind back to Disney like a good Basin Bath Bomb. (I bought a full case in July :D )
I also buy Christmas ornaments.

showmethemouse
08-06-2007, 12:45 AM
my favorite idem is the disney photo albums for all of the picture I take and I take alot of them. also pins alot of pins and christmas stuff alot of that too.:mickey::thumbsup:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
08-07-2007, 06:27 PM
I always buy one of the Hard or Paperback Pictorial books. They are great for looking back through and seeing the changes.

disneynarula
08-10-2007, 09:38 PM
Christmas Ornament
Candle Topper