PDA

View Full Version : dress up for CRT (breakfast)?

bcd88
07-31-2007, 03:06 PM
did most of the girls dress up for CRT breakfast?
It will be my DD(8) first disney trip in 21 days. we had ADR at CRT 8:10am. I am worry it may be too hot for her to dress up, then we have to find a place for her to change.but I do not want her to feel left out if all the girls are dress up in their princess costumes. Need advise please! thanks

TheRustyScupper
07-31-2007, 03:38 PM
Some dress-up. Some don't. Take your choice.

BelleBeauty
07-31-2007, 03:47 PM
From what I have heard, the princesses really do make a big deal about it when the little girls dress up in princess outfits. I think it adds to the experience, and it certianly makes the pictures that much cuter.

I agree that it will be too hot to keep the dress on during the day. I recommend a) bringing a change of clothes and throwing the dress in a locker for the day (you can change in the restroom or use the baby care center if you have to) or b) hopping back to your resort after breakfast and changing if you aren't too far away. I would lean towards option A.

Either way ENJOY! :mickey:

irish1967
07-31-2007, 04:21 PM
OK - there is a reason I don't have girls because I wouldn't want to be bothered with the dresses and makeup and jewelry!

But - Could you possibly find an extra-special Cinderella t-shirt and shorts outfit for her to wear?

The princesses at Norway fussed a lot over my nieces and they just had on pretty pink shorts outfits when we were there!

RedSoxFan
07-31-2007, 04:29 PM
On our first trip to Disney, we had b'fast at the castle. DD was 6 at the time and wore a pink princess t-shirt. Had I known about the girls wearing their princess gowns, she would have worn hers and I would have used the locker to store it in for the day. But, having said that, she got the same attention from the princesses wearing the princess tee as the other girls wearing the gowns. I would, personally, ask you daughter if she what she would rather wear - princess tee or gown.

r4kids
07-31-2007, 05:01 PM
We have 12 (6 for each) princess outfits for DD's 6&4 that we take with us. By the way I wanted all boys, I got 3 girls and 1 boy. Anyway they get to choose which gown they want to wear that day. They wear their tank top and shorts and then during the time they want to wear their costumes we just throw it over the tank and shorts. We roll them back up when they are done. Nice and easy and no they don't go back and forth with changing all day, if they did forget it. They really love wearing their costumes though during the meals with the princesses. Since I know in a short period of time they will grow out of it, a little bit of inconveinence is worth it.

Mary Poppins fan
07-31-2007, 06:20 PM
When I took my DDs(then 4) out to lunch in the castle, I surprised them with special princess t-shirts I had bought beforehand. Since it was a "girls only" lunch (DH and DS went off to do "boy" stuff), I didn't want to have to worry about changing in and out of costumes. They got plenty of attention from the princesses! ;)

WDW also has special crowns you can make with snap-on "jewels" and other decorations. My DDs(now 6) made theirs in Tinkerbell's Treasures, wore them all day and got a lot of special attention from the CMs on our last trip.

FaithTrustPixieDust
08-01-2007, 11:03 AM
We did the CRT breakfast last year and I do not recall seeing loads of girls in princess costumes. Although surely some kids do this, I don't think your daughter will (by any stretch) be the only one not dressed up. But if he heart is set on it, then nothing else matters, right? :princess:

We did the Cinderella dinner at Grand Floridian on our arrival night last year. DD5 dressed up for that because it was just dinner and not a marathon trek through a theme park. My WDW backpack is full enough with other stuff . . .I do not have room to stuff a princess gown in there too!

dolphinmickey9170
08-01-2007, 12:36 PM
Our DGD wore a "first time WDW" t-shirt and Cinderella actually asked her if she would please wear a Cindy dress then next time she came to visit. She was only 7mo and I couldn't find one that fit her, but you can be sure Cindy still made of her. It was a great interaction irregardless of her outfit. But, I will be getting Keara a Cindy dress for christmas (early) so she can wear it in December!!

bcd88
08-01-2007, 12:51 PM
I guess I will pack the princess outfit and let her decide when we get there.
Thanks all for the info.:number1:

RaRaRoundTheWorld
08-03-2007, 07:08 PM
did most of the girls dress up for CRT breakfast?
It will be my DD(8) first disney trip in 21 days. we had ADR at CRT 8:10am. I am worry it may be too hot for her to dress up, then we have to find a place for her to change.but I do not want her to feel left out if all the girls are dress up in their princess costumes. Need advise please! thanks

When we went, nearly all the girls were dressed. Even some of the moms were dressed up, which is wonderful and I'm sure very meaningful, but DH and I did supress a few giggles. Honestly, we did save it for when we got back to our hotel.

playdead88
08-04-2007, 07:36 AM
every year we go the 1st thing we do after check in is go shopping to pick a princess dress for her to wear to bfast the next morning - bfast for my dd is the highlight of the trip - i even have 1 invitaition printed about 1 mo before we leave and send it to her - she really thinks cinderella sends them! its awesome :princess:

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
08-04-2007, 06:32 PM
We usually do a lunch or dinner and just bring her dress and shoes to change into right before the meal. I fold the dress up neatly and keep it in a locker until needed. Then we change her back into her shorts and t shirt after the meal.

Breakfast would probably be much easier. You could have her dressed in her dress, keep her change of clothes with you, change her right after the breakfast and store the dress back in the locker after. One less clothes change then we have to do. ;)

There are a lot of girls that do not dress up too. I would do what you said, bring it and decide from there.

Have a great time!!

LoriMistress
08-04-2007, 10:46 PM
Bring her regular clothes for her. Just have her dressed up for her ADR CRT, then afterwards change into her regular clothes. She'll be irritated and annoyed within an hour or two afterwards.

moe513
08-06-2007, 12:12 PM
I also have a dh age 8. She dresses up and the we change her in a rest room when she gets hot. I think I may even but shorts and a white t shirt on underneath. Its extra special for them to dress up but we didnt do it our first trip because I didnt know anything and she still enjoyed it.

Mom2princesses
08-06-2007, 11:36 PM
We will be going to CRT during out fast approaching trip at the end of August. I have purchased a really cute Cinderella Costume for my 3 year old it is not a long dress but a ballerina dress. She is just so excited about wearing it to the Castle she tells everyone! I will either put on a shorts and a shirt under it or just change her in the rest room after the breakfast. She'll probably use it as her Halloween costume too! Have a great time. I am sure they will have a blast with or without the costume.