PDA

View Full Version : Favourite World Show Case Pavillion (Poll)

AliceinDisney
07-31-2007, 11:42 AM
Fave World Showcase pavillion and tell everyone why its your fave :mickey:

Mine would have to be France, the french food, the Guerlain makeup store, the faux Eiffle tower that looks real, the smell of pastries...mmmmm

Wrigley
07-31-2007, 11:45 AM
Oh, that's a tough one. I love touring all of the countries. However, I really like Norway. I absolutely love the ride that they have and I really like the little shop also. However, Mexico is a close second!

FlaTinkRAMESAM
07-31-2007, 11:46 AM
I love Japan (since I have to choose...lol). The drum show and candy art show are amazing to watch and my 2 year old loves them!

I actually love them all... I can't help it... I love being able to experience that little bit of culture wrapped up in a Disney setting. What more could you ask for???

battle beast
07-31-2007, 11:52 AM
I can't say anything but, Canada, Canada, Canada!!!

Not just because I am from there, bbut mostly; also becasue the gift shop is so truly Canadian, selling moose droppings (Candy!) and Maple Syrup and all the tacky Canadian things you find in our gift shops.

the movie (the older version) is so truly sterotyipically Canadian, and the only time I watched it I cried. :blush: Yah, I cried. It was a movie about home, and I loved it!

Oh Canada, eh? Canada is :number1:, always.

Polynesian Dweller
07-31-2007, 11:54 AM
That's a hard one because it changes depending on what things are on display in the pavillions. By a hair, I chose Mexico because of the atmosphere and the changing folk art displays. :mickey:

LauraF
07-31-2007, 11:54 AM
Morocco is my first choice. (Though Japan is a *very* close runner up).

I could sit in the Morocco pavillion for hours and just watch the people go by in front of the gorgeous architecture and tilework. In fact I have before on slow days. :mickey: It's one of the best in my opinion for shade/sun planning. So many of the others you're in the beating hot sun unless you're inside, but with the different buildings and courtyards in the medina you can always find some shade while standing around admiring things.

LibertyTreeGal
07-31-2007, 11:55 AM
Canada -- I think it is just a beautiful pavilion (doesn't really seem like a pavilion, but that's what they call them!). Le Cellier is awesome and the atmosphere is just so wonderful!!!

IloveDisney71
07-31-2007, 12:06 PM
This was a tough choice for me because I enjoy visiting many of the coutries, but I picked Mexico. We always ride the ride and do a little shopping there.

sonayo74
07-31-2007, 12:20 PM
It's hard to choose, but my favorite is the African Outpost. What was supposed to be a minor stop turned into the most enjoyable part of my family's day in the World Showcase.

Coming in a very close second is the UK pavilion. You can't beat seeing Mary Poppins and Pooh, eating fish and chips, and watching King Arthur butchered very amusingly all in the matter of an hour.

SurferStitch
07-31-2007, 12:22 PM
Germany!

I love the Christmas shop, the German chocolate, and the BEER!!

DH and love love to get a beer, sit near the fountain at twilight, and just relax. :cloud9:

SBETigg
07-31-2007, 12:50 PM
We love France for the wine-tasting, the Grey Goose slushes, the Boulangerie Patisserie, the lovely look of the cafes, shops, the Eiffel Tower reproduction, and the fact that the DH spent a lot of time in France growing up. The UK is a close second, for the ale and atmosphere.

dumbo ears
07-31-2007, 01:10 PM
I love mexico. I love how the marketplace is so dark inside and its just a cool place.

snifflesmcg
07-31-2007, 01:12 PM
My vote went to Mexico. It has it all, a restaurant, a ride and entertainment. Others are great but Mexico surpasses them. My second would be Japan but alas, no ride.

GottaluvTiggr
07-31-2007, 01:19 PM
I voted France because u have always wanted to go to France but i have a fear of flying over the ocean and sure it not the same as the real thing but for me it is pretty neat:mickey:

DisneyDreams09
07-31-2007, 01:35 PM
I had to go with germany, for two simple reasons,
Chocolate and Wine,
Not to say that the others don't have this, but I love the kind you find in Germany

Norway was a close second, one word
MAELSTROM!

dog-ears
07-31-2007, 01:49 PM
This was really hard! I voted for the UK. I always have to go in every one of the shops - my favorites are the tea shop and the one that has toys. I also love the garden kind of behind the shops where the faux-Beatles group plays. I was thrilled to find Mary Poppings there one time too. I also think the street performers in the UK are hilarious - you can't miss them! And unlike a lot of folks, I like British food and enjoy the R & C. Our family has a British background/connection but I'm sure that didn't influence my vote!

bleukarma
07-31-2007, 01:51 PM
This is a hard one for me because I think the World Showcase is my favorite part of WDW, but I went with Mexico. I’ve always been amazed at how it looks like your outside at night when it could be in the middle of the day. And I love margarita’s! :marg:

France’s pastries almost pushed it into the top spot for me, but Mexico’s boat ride pushed it over the top!

DNS
07-31-2007, 01:58 PM
I had a very hard time with this one because I like different pavilions for different reasons. It came down to my two favorites being UK and Japan. I ended up going with Japan because I definitely spend the most time there. I love the shopping and entertainment in both.

Hayden's Dad
07-31-2007, 02:24 PM
I've been partial to Canada ever since we saw Papa Noel, and of course Off Kilter is awesome

KAT1811
07-31-2007, 03:02 PM
Mexico. I love the feel of being outside in a Mexican marketplace. The bright colors and San Angel Inn is one of my favorite restaurants!!! I can't wait to see the new El Rio this year.

All of the pavillions are so wonderful it does make it very hard to choose!!!

Dr. Disney
07-31-2007, 03:06 PM
My vote goes to Germany for 3 reasons:

1. I'm German :secret:
2. Good Food!
3. Uhhh BEER (hello):beer:

pook@wdw
07-31-2007, 05:34 PM
Well...Duh! AMERICA, for obvious reasons. But I love "the American Adventure". the song about the 2 brothers in the civil war always brings a tear to my eye. But I also enjoy going into the back gardens @ UK, kick back w/a cold one and enjoy the sounds of the "British Invasion". And since our DD is a "Deadliest Catch" fan, we're kinda fond of Norway as well (besides, I love their bakery) :D

mainemajor
08-01-2007, 07:43 AM
I went with the UK because of the world players, the Beatles and my love of fish & chips. I love EPCOT and I feel the WS is GREAT!:number1: There are parts of every country that are fantastic. It's hard to understand how some people do not enjoy EPCOT, there is so much to see and do. Maybe not tons of rides, but there is so much more to the world than going on rides.

CaptainSad
08-01-2007, 09:13 AM
I voted USA. The American Adventure just gives me Goosebumps. I also like Italy. I love Italian Food...

PeterPanFan
08-01-2007, 09:41 AM
I went with Mexico but I love them all except france. nothing against france but they are always anti US my red white and blue blood wont let me go there.

Mexico is so awsome. I do love Norway. Morocco is my fav place to dine. Canada is great as well.

Of course there is the good ol USA but that is kind ok home to me so when we go to the world showcase I dont see it like how awsome cause I love this land and all that its about.

:number1:

Darin M
08-01-2007, 10:30 AM
I voted Mexico. I go with my girlfriend and we find this to be one of the more romantic WDW spots.

4ubie1
08-01-2007, 10:53 AM
My vote is for Mexico!!:sombrero: I absolutely love the food and the unique atmosphere. I love how they make you feel like you are in an outside marketplace only you are inside. I also loved the ride although i have yet to be on the new one. I could spend all day people watching and relaxing in there:cloud9:

KAJUNKING
08-01-2007, 11:03 AM
i went with america, the attraction is great and i really love voices of liberty :thumbsup:

dolphinmickey9170
08-01-2007, 11:49 AM
I voted USA as I love the American Adventure. The Voices of Liberty are so wonderful. I get goosiebumps and I cry everytime they sing, "A Dream is Wish".....I just love it so much.

ASweetLov
08-01-2007, 12:10 PM
I would have to say Mexico. I think compared to the rest of the world showcase its the most different one. Plus I have to have those churros YUMMY hehe

animalkingdomguy
08-01-2007, 03:12 PM
My family enjoys the Morroco pavilion. The food at the Tangerine Cafe is good and unique. The shops are funs to visit and the castmembers always make my kids feel welcome. With all the unpleasantness in the middle east I am heartened when I meet truly friendly pleasant people from that hemisphere. It reminds me and I hope everyone that visits this pavillion that there are good people every where in this world.

Gator
08-01-2007, 03:56 PM
If it weren't for the absolutely awful food at San Angel Inn and Cantina, Mexico would be at the top. But with the Maelstrom, Bakery, and Princess meals (for DW and DD), Norway wins for me. America comes in close because of the Liberty Voices - there just any good food there.

princessimagineer
08-01-2007, 04:04 PM
my first choise is italy but AHEM.... wheres the justice? am i the first person to notice that?

so i had to vote for my second choise: germany. love the clock thingy.

kurt
08-01-2007, 05:17 PM
germany ummmmmmm beeeeeeeeeeeeeer:beer:

grumpycajun
08-01-2007, 05:29 PM
We like Japan. The kids think the drum show is cool. Something about Japanese culture has always fascinated me. The shopping is great.

CuteAsMinnie
08-01-2007, 07:53 PM
I'll say France because it's so pretty. Although, I've never found any thing I really wanted to buy from there, except for the pastries!:blush:

sonayo74
08-01-2007, 08:15 PM
I'll say France because it's so pretty. Although, I've never found any thing I really wanted to buy from there, except for the pastries!:blush:
Ohhhh yeeeah, the ham and swiss croissant. :tasty:

wendy*darling
08-01-2007, 10:44 PM
my first choise is italy but AHEM.... wheres the justice? am i the first person to notice that?
I noticed Italy was missing too. I wasn't going to vote for Italy, but I did notice it wasn't on the list.

I had a hard time deciding.
I chose Japan- love the food, the shopping and the drummers. I also enjoy their displays in the museum. We tend to spend a good amount of time in Japan.

France was a very close second. Most people say it's because of the pastry, but my vote goes to the movie!:thumbsup: I LOVE Impressions de France. I have the soundtrack on my iPod- just love the French composers. We also really enjoy Chefs de France.

World Showcase is easily our favorite place to be in WDW. We could spend a week never leaving Epcot. :mickey:

TINKERBELL_82
08-01-2007, 10:56 PM
A very difficult decision, but I had to choose Mexico. There is nothing like walking into that pavilion...:cloud9:

DisneyMelissa
08-01-2007, 11:36 PM
Germany is always my favorite. I took German for 5 years in middle school and high school, and I hope to go there someday. But since I can't afford it at the moment, going to Germany at the WS is the next best thing! Plus, I LOVE the German chocolate there! :thumbsup:

RAIDER
08-02-2007, 05:03 AM
I have not yet gone on the new Mexico ride and have heard mixed reviews on it since ..HOWEVER
that frozen Margarita :marg: and sitting watching the world go by opposite the temple and pond is pure bliss ...A close second is the UK as i love to sit down and have a beer :beer:and watch the British Invasion sing :mickey::cloud9::thumbsup:

Brer Mickey
08-02-2007, 11:43 AM
This one was a tough choice. As I tried to narrow it down to just one, these thoughts came to me. My favorite show is at the American pavillion. My favorite movie is at France. My favorite restaurant is San Angel at Mexico. And my favorite ride is the Maelstrom.

However, after careful consideration of all of these components, I still decided my favorite place to be is Germany. I have been there, (as well as to Mexico, UK, France, and Canada) but being there at the paviliion takes me back to Germany like no other place.

I love the shops, the architecture, the music, the chocolates and candies, cuckoo clocks, crystal and ceramic wares, and the miniature train. And, I simply love the sound of the CMs speaking German one with another.

Don't get me wrong though. I love all of the pavillions, but this one for me stands out slightly ahead of the others.

RocknRoller94
08-02-2007, 03:25 PM
Norway! I love the Mailstrom. But other than that, Canada has a great steak restaurant(Le Celliar) and the atmosphere is great.:mickey: