PDA

View Full Version : I got 2 Interviews for work!

GiltterDisneyGirl
07-31-2007, 01:16 AM
Well, I got 2 interviews in less then a week, YAY!!

Sears I had last Tuesday and it went really well but only wanted to pay me under $7 dollers an hour. Even though people are very nice, I even got along great with the person interviewing me.

I had an Interview with Nordstroms Rack today and it went ok but I think she didn't like the fact I was dressed nicer then she was and answerd every thing and had no questions. The only thing i didn't find out was how much it payed. They said they would call me later in the week and if they don't I will and find out.

But I really didn't like the way they handle things and Nordstroms Rack, they want me to work in guest serves but it's not really that type of job, it's a bit of EVERYTHING. And they want you to work with you know everything to do and juggle as well with out help. I don't know how i would get through just one day there?

So I am re thinking of going back to Sears and getting the job there, even though they only thing i really know is everyone is nice that works there. Does anyone know anything working at Sears?

so right now i'm thinking money = WDW = :cloud9:

PinkJJ
07-31-2007, 01:32 AM
Good Luck Disney! Hope you get work soon! :mickey:

kakn7294
07-31-2007, 08:18 AM
We don't have Nordstrom's close by here so I have no experience with them, but I'm a bit partial to Sears anyway. I worked there for 3 years while in college and met DH there (he was friends with one of my co-workers). Good luck to you on your new job, whichever you choose!

TinkRocks
07-31-2007, 10:50 AM
Good luck with everything, Disney!

Think about it this way - even though the pay may not be great at Sears, they may have decent benefits. Give it a chance - if it's not something that you enjoy after a while, I've found it easier to move on to other jobs when I'm already employed...

Alternatively, if you enjoy working with Sears, you could always inquire about transferring to a Sears location in the Orlando area!

SBETigg
07-31-2007, 11:09 AM
Sorry, I don't know much about Sears but-- Best wishes for getting the position that's right for you!

RenDuran
07-31-2007, 08:20 PM
I'd go with Sears....they may not pay alot, but it's always nice to get along with coworkers....and it wouldn't be forever! And hey, maybe you'd work your way up the ladder and do better in pay! And they sell Land's End, which you'd get a good discount on!

Good luck with whatever you choose!

Patricia
07-31-2007, 08:37 PM
I worked for Sear in Canada full time for years. My job was somewhere between retail clerk and management, I referred to it as the Assistants assistant. I had enough responsibilities off the floor that they kept me from getting bored. I was on my way up, but hadn't arrived. Instead, I left, had kids.. 6 years later I went back (different City, they paid my old wage plus a cost of living raise percentage for each year I was absent). This time I was only working as a part time cashier.. I was way over paid, they could have hired anyone but wanted to hang onto me, just in case something better opened. Sadly, I was totally bored out of my mind, not my kind of job and I resigned. But, as far as employers go they were always great to work for. Since then I have never worked for anyone else preferring to remain self employed.

trackbarroness
07-31-2007, 09:03 PM
Good luck Disney Girl on your job search decision making. Sounds like Sears is your best option at this point. gl
DisneyDreamin aka Sandy well me. :D lol

cheshirecollector
07-31-2007, 10:20 PM
Here's hoping you get even more options to think about in the coming weeks! :pixie:

GiltterDisneyGirl
08-05-2007, 03:22 AM
Thank you all!!

Tonight I went to aour NFFC monthly meeting and 2 people offered to put in my resume at there work. So wish me some luck!

Also it's not a paying job but it will look good on my resume. I just audition to volunteer at our local Catholic Radio Station. I had the audition yesterday Saturday morning for on air, for the teen catholic show we are putting together. They are looking for everything from producer to reporter to on air. I hope I get it! :D

TinkRocks
08-05-2007, 11:10 AM
Good luck with the radio show, Disney. Volunteering always looks good on a resume...

mickeytinkerbellprincess
08-05-2007, 01:16 PM
Lots of :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: for ya Disney! :mickey:

GiltterDisneyGirl
08-07-2007, 05:18 PM
Well I just got a call from nordstroms rack, and they hired someone else, even though they told me they had 2 openings. It's weird they called me to tell me I wasn't hired. lol

SBETigg
08-07-2007, 06:32 PM
That is odd that they called to not offer you the job. You must have been close.

chrisb26
08-07-2007, 07:09 PM
Sorry you didn't get the job I know you needed it how is the sears job? Did anything happen with that.

As for the way they called you and told you that you didn't have the job that is strange but I have one that is even stranger. Once I applied to work at Target and I had an interview and everything so after the interview a few days later I got a letter in the mail telling me they didn't want to hire me. So they wasted postage in telling me they couldnt have me insted of calling or not doing anything lol

TinkRocks
08-07-2007, 07:16 PM
I think it's just business etiquette / communication that Nordstrum's called to let you know. I'm guessing they didn't want people who were interviewed to be sat around waiting to find out if they got hired or not.

Keep your head up and keep going, Disney. There is something for you - I can feel it!

cheshirecollector
08-07-2007, 07:18 PM
As for the way they called you and told you that you didn't have the job that is strange but I have one that is even stranger. Once I applied to work at Target and I had an interview and everything so after the interview a few days later I got a letter in the mail telling me they didn't want to hire me. So they wasted postage in telling me they couldnt have me insted of calling or not doing anything lol

I get those all the time, especially when they didn't even call me for an interview. Some places just make a point of contacting everyone officially.

terri.m
08-08-2007, 01:16 AM
Too bad about Nordstrom Rack. I love that store! Hope Sears works out or you find something better very soon!

GiltterDisneyGirl
08-15-2007, 02:49 AM
Thanks for all the help, I'm still waiting on a hopeful call one day, but nothing so far. :(

The Bookseller
08-15-2007, 11:12 AM
Just to be on the safe side; here's some :pixie: for a positive and prompt reply.

RenDuran
08-15-2007, 11:17 AM
I got a call once to be told I hadn't been hired for a job. Then, about two weeks later, they called back to ask if I was still interested. Their first choice hadn't worked out....and I got the job I wanted! It could still work to your advantage!

jjramsey
08-15-2007, 12:23 PM
Good luck!

Hope things work out for you...it is never easy job hunting.

Patricia
08-15-2007, 12:36 PM
Ok.. now on the other end of the employment crises.

Here in Kelowna:

McDonald's, yes the real one. One location didn't open a few days ago. The sign said "We're sorry, we don't have enough employees to open this lobby today".

I have never seen that in my life.. it's summer, where are all the students?

RicksCafe
08-15-2007, 05:40 PM

Here in Kelowna:

McDonalds....
Aww... patti can't get her Big Mac fix. Now that just aint right.

I'd come work at the McDonald's up there, but I'd be an "undocumented worker"... a fugitive from justice... an outlaw... un hombre peligroso. As far away as Quebec, I'd be known as "Numéro Ennemi Un." The Mounties in the West would label me a "right bad fellow." Like a wayward soul, I'd travel the hills (in between my shifts working the fries, of course). I'd befriend the misunderstood forest animals of Canada. I'd wander like a warrior, like a quest-taker. I'd walk the earth... meet people... get into adventures. And someday... a great day... a perfect, sun-filled, blue-skied day... I'd become assistant to the Assistant Manager.

Ricks (who's glad to share his 200th post with you today)

GiltterDisneyGirl
08-15-2007, 06:32 PM

Here in Kelowna:

McDonald's, yes the real one. One location didn't open a few days ago. The sign said "We're sorry, we don't have enough employees to open this lobby today".

I have never seen that in my life.. it's summer, where are all the students?

Yes I do love them and got to love the big mac's, but the people that work at the ones around here don't speak English, so when they ask if you want sauce with your meal they ask you to pay for it, and half the time they don't give you your change.. :(

GiltterDisneyGirl
08-16-2007, 06:47 PM
Well, I didn't have to call sears back they called me and I think I got the job! I should know by the end of next week. :number1:

trackbarroness
08-17-2007, 05:51 AM
That is totally awesome Jacquelyn about the job. :thumbsup:

Tink's Mom
08-17-2007, 08:11 AM
That's wonderful! I will keep my fingers crossed for you. :)

TinkRocks
08-17-2007, 05:41 PM
Well, I didn't have to call sears back they called me and I think I got the job! I should know by the end of next week. :number1:

:woohoo: Go Jazz! :thumbsup: Go Jazz! :woohoo:

chrisb26
08-17-2007, 06:10 PM
Thats great that you got the Job good for you! :thumbsup:

GiltterDisneyGirl
08-26-2007, 12:51 AM
Well, I finely go into Sears today, not able to find my SSN card where mom had it. I was not able to do ordination. Plus they wanted me to start work before I had any training. I've never worked a day in my life before, so I had no clue what I would be doing or how to do it. What really upsets me, the lady that was spouse to be teaching me today was not nicely dressed at all, plus her you know what's where showing and it grossed me out. So since I didn't have my SSN I could do ordination, so they told me to leave and call back Monday, then the lady could think of the number for me to call. I couldn't believe how un-organized she was! Even though I like the lady that would be my boss, I just don't think I will fit in. I am calling a friend of mine that's in my local NFFC group and going to see when Saxon Mortgage will call me, and I hope soon!!! I need Health insurance by my next birthday on the 19th.

TinkRocks
08-26-2007, 01:03 AM
Something will work out - it always does. Just remember to be a stong person and communicate. If you're not sure of something - ask. I've been working for quite a few years now and I still ask lots of questions if something needs clarifying.

Don't be afraid to speak up - your peers / supervisors will remember you for bringing stuff to their attention. Remember - these people will have been in their jobs for a while and may have forgotten what it's like to be the 'newbie.' I've been guilty of that myself, but it's made me more aware of when I've had to train new people.

Keep thinking positively - things always work out they way they do for a reason.

GiltterDisneyGirl
09-11-2007, 04:49 AM
Well, just to keep everyone up to date....

I have not found a job yet. But now having some of my old dream coming back to me which I need a lot of money for, lol that be going to College in London for Music and Acting.

Also my Dad is not Sir Knight Thomas Sheely, that also makes mom Lady Kathy Sheely, which I'm very happy now that I am a real Princess. :D My Dad made the 4th degree in the Knight of Columbus, just too bad girls can't become knights. :( But I got to wear an amazing dress at the party, that I totally forgot to get a picture of myself before the end of the night. I am thinking though next time I am at Disney I'll wear the dress and get my picture taken with a Prince. lol

Well, that it for now until later,
Jac

Patricia
09-11-2007, 10:50 AM
Knights are cool. :cool:

Too bad the job wasn't for you. I can tell you that the orientation at Sears is worth missing. It's all Company background history. So boring.

Good luck on your job hunt!

trackbarroness
09-14-2007, 06:14 AM
Knights are cool. :cool:

Too bad the job wasn't for you. I can tell you that the orientation at Sears is worth missing. It's all Company background history. So boring.

Good luck on your job hunt!

Usually orientation is to get to know the company your going to work for. Must not have been an all day thing then. :D
Good luck Disney Girl who knows perhaps you'll work for the "Mouse" some day. :D laters

Chescat
09-14-2007, 01:59 PM
Unfortunately, in most cases most of us never did get that dream job we were after and just had to settle for what paid our bills. And we are counting down those days until we retire and can get that dream job. :cloud9:

You have to look at jobs as stepping stones to the next. You might not like current job, but it gets the experience on the resume for the next one.

GiltterDisneyGirl
09-14-2007, 05:49 PM
Unfortunately, in most cases most of us never did get that dream job we were after and just had to settle for what paid our bills. And we are counting down those days until we retire and can get that dream job. :cloud9:

You have to look at jobs as stepping stones to the next. You might not like current job, but it gets the experience on the resume for the next one.

What current job? I don't have a job! lol

Well beside making 26 dollers a week by teaching piano.

cheshirecollector
09-14-2007, 06:33 PM
What current job? I don't have a job! lol

Lol! She means that the job you take doesn't have to be perfect; you'll learn from it for the next one.

GiltterDisneyGirl
09-15-2007, 12:07 AM
Well, just hope that I can get a job in the frist place so I can learn from it. lol :D