PDA

View Full Version : L'Originale Alfredo di Roma Ristorante - Closing...I need Help!

Walt's Reverent Scholar
07-30-2007, 11:12 PM
Hello! This is my first post on Intercot, though I have been an avid reader for over a year and have found tons of great and helpful hints from all of you. I thought I would log on and have a go at it...

Okay, I have our dream trip planned in October. My DS's birthday will be taking place while we are there (Now how cool is that:cool:, your 11th birthday at WDW?!?) Anywho, we have a family tradition that the birthday person gets to select the meal on their birthday. DS has selected to go to Epcot for his special day. His most favorite meal in the entire world is Fettucinni Alfredo. I thought I was in with L'Originale Alfredo di Roma Ristorante, however it is closinghttp://www.intercot.com/discussion/images/smilies/fit.gif
:fit:, of course in October. I have heard that Tuta Italia will be operating at that time. Has Anyone else heard this? Or have any other ideas on restaurants that could help with this?

Also any other ideas that will help make his day special would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Figment!
07-31-2007, 10:16 AM
I have heard that Tuta Italia will be operating at that time. Has Anyone else heard this? See What’s New, What’s Next (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=110544) for the press release regarding the latest info on Tuta Italia.

Or have any other ideas on restaurants that could help with this?You may want to consider the relatively new Il Mulino at the Walt Disney World Swan. You can walk to the Swan from the International Gateway in World Showcase (or take a FriendSHIP Boat), so you could fit it in on your "Epcot Day" with relative ease.

From Walt Disney World Dining Guide (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/../infocentral/dining/diningguide/default.asp)
Il Mulino New York Trattoria
Meals: Dinner
Hours: 5:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m.
Type: Sit-Down Service
Price Range: Most Items $7-$32
Reservations: Yes, Call (407) 934-1609
Cuisine: Italian Fare
Description: Traditional Italian cuisine from the Abruzzi region of Italy.

Walt's Reverent Scholar
07-31-2007, 09:13 PM
Thanks Jason! Great info...Prompts more questions...Has anyone made ADRs for Tuta Ilalia? Has Anyone eaten at Il Mulino? How is the food?

Thanks--

FaithTrustPixieDust
08-01-2007, 10:53 AM
We will be there mid-October, and I have been trying fervently to get ADRs for Tutto. Although the press releases indicate that it will open Sept 1, they are not accepting ADRs yet. Most of the CMs say that they have very little info about this temporary restaurant. One CM told me that the Tutto restaurant will only be open during the Christmas season. (I've only heard that from one person, so I'm hoping they were wrong!)

KAT1811
08-01-2007, 04:09 PM
:congrats: On your first official post!!!

:welcome: To Intercot I think you're going to like it here! :rocks:

Now onto business:

One CM told me that the Tutto restaurant will only be open during the Christmas season. (I've only heard that from one person, so I'm hoping they were wrong!)

This is also what I've been told.

I just checked again with dining and they still aren't taking any new ADRs and have no new information regarding the restaurant at all.

You could try Spoodles on the Boardwalk, just a short stroll from the International Gateway entrance in Epcot's WS. They have a fetuccini carbonara that I'm sure they could adapt to a simple alfredo if requested.

There is also Mama Melrose's in MGM. They have a primarily italian menu and I've heard another poster say that she requested a fettuccini alfredo and the chef was more than happy to comply as I'm sure they would for an 11 year olds big day!!!

Good luck and make sure you let us know what you end up choosing!!!