PDA

View Full Version : What do you bring your new intercot friends at meets?

dolphinmickey9170
07-30-2007, 08:32 PM
This will be my first official meet with some intercot folks in August. I'm so excited, I can't wait!! 11 more days. I was wondering what are some ideas you have for a "Gift" to your new friends when you have done meets. Do you bring a handmade item? Do you bring something as a souvie from your home town/state? Give me some ideas please. Adults and children alike. TIA!!

wendy*darling
07-30-2007, 10:31 PM
I have been to almost a dozen meets, and I can say that I have never brought anything other than my camera and a smile.
Lots of times people will bring their photo albums or pin collections to show/share.

But I have never been to a meet where anyone has brought gifts for others.
Don't feel obliged to do so.
It's really more a time to meet new friends, share experiences and talk Disney! :mickey:
But definitely take pictures, swap email addresses, etc.

MsMin
07-30-2007, 11:06 PM
I like to bring something when I go to someone's house regardless of intercot or not:blush: I think it's always nice to bring some flowers or cookies. If you are meeting at a restaurant then smiles and a friendly hug should suffice.

BronxTigger
07-30-2007, 11:10 PM
At the New England meet we arranged a gift swap that was along the lines of white elephant. I'm sure if you search this board you can find what we did; the info is in the main thread for the June 07 New England meet.

At the New York meet, we just bought stuff for ourselves at the World of Disney Store.

Nobody bought a gift for anyone, we just brought ourselves and money for the restaurants.