PDA

View Full Version : AK & MGM with my 8 1/2 month old????

Terra
07-30-2007, 02:06 PM
So I'm finally taking David to AK...
Usually we just do EPCOT mostly [since it's summer and soooooo hot and there are more places to be inside there]...
And occassionally MK we do too...

So for the first time I'm taking him to AK and MGM this Saturday.

He LOVES EPCOT because there is so much visiually for him to take in.

So what are your suggestions at AK and MGM??

I've been to both of them several times but never with a child...

at MGM I do plan on taking him to the Little Mermaid and FOTLK...

But aside from that I have no idea...

So what should I NOT miss with him at either park????

DisneyTwinsMommy
07-30-2007, 02:44 PM
It might be hard to tolorate for parents, but the Playhouse Disney Live show at MGM is soo great for little ones. It's bright and colorful with lots going on... All the children are up and dancing, there are even bubbles that come down from the ceiling! :mickey:

Jared
07-30-2007, 02:50 PM
At Animal Kingdom take David to Rafiki's Planet Watch. The area is accessible only by train, but it's designed for small children. If your son likes animals, he will love the Conservation Station and petting zoo.

Terra
07-30-2007, 02:58 PM
Playhouse Disney Live show at MGM is soo great for little ones. :mickey:

That's right!! I had forgotten about that and I've never seen it anyway...he'll love it!! Thanks!!

At Animal Kingdom take David to Rafiki's Planet Watch. The area is accessible only by train, but it's designed for small children. If your son likes animals, he will love the Conservation Station and petting zoo.

He does LOVE animals....thank you!! I'll be sure to catch that!!! We're getting there first thing when it opens too so we can go on the Safari!

LibertyTreeGal
07-30-2007, 04:18 PM
If he likes sights and sounds I'm sure that the parades will go over big with him :)

Would he like shows? Or would he get fussy? Festival of the Lion King (AK) and Beauty and the Beast (MGM) might get his attention for a while.

OH, and there is this fountain over at AK that little ones just love, it's on the way to Kali River Rapids. And personally, I would just treat AK like a long walk, and be sure to do the Oasis and the Maharajah and Pagani walks.

Also, there are always ducks on the lower eating area at Flame Tree!

murphy1
07-30-2007, 05:04 PM
AK- Marharraja Jungle Trek, so many animals he will love it!
Flights of Wonder, some pretty cool birds, he might like Nemo the Musical. I haven't seen it yet.

MGM- Playhouse DIsney for sure.

Belle_0717
07-31-2007, 08:22 AM
My nephew will be just 1 year old when we go in October. We have planned the Crystal Palace for dinner the first night. We also planned the Playhouse Disney breakfast at MGM for him and plan to take him to see Johnny and the Sprites. Kids love colors and interaction. Don't forget that there are characters at every park too. I saw Stanley before entering AK.

I would make the connection with name and character to help too. Andrew recognizes all the characters - poor kid was born into a Disney family. He loves Lumpy but has taken to Pooh very well. He knows him - grandma has a Pooh sign on the front door and ask him "where is Pooh" he points right to him.

Have fun!