PDA

View Full Version : My Laughin Place~2007 Edition--- The Drive/Day 1

Where's Your Laughin Place
07-30-2007, 12:39 PM
Alrighty guys,

I have be extremely busy with studying for this summer class I have been taking and my part-time job. But I decided to take a break from studying for a while finally post my trip report! I titled this The Drive/Day 1 because...well, while technically this would be considered a day spent in the parks, it was only like about 6 hours....ANYWAYS, here it is! Enjoy!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~The Drive/Day 1~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
6/29/07
6a.m., my alarm on my phone goes off..."aww man...here it goes"....now, normally I would never say that on a day that I leave for Disneyland, but this was different. The second I woke up, I knew that I had a Bio187 Final Exam that I needed to go take at ASU. So, I got up and did my usual routine (shower, get dressed, drink a mug of green tea). But today, I slightly altered my routine by helping my mom and grandma load up the car with our luggage for the trip. I took my car and left for ASU, and my mom and grandma headed for house of the family that was traveling with us. I will spare you the really boring details of the test, and just jump to the drive. It was my first time driving to California since I was 8(back in '96). It wasn't as bad as I had expected it to be, but I still prefer flying. ;)
During our drive to Disneyland, we had to drive about an hour out of our way to pick up their granddaughter(who is my age, 19). And on our way to Anaheim, we got stuck in some pretty thick traffic...so by the time we got to the Best Western Park Place Inn and Mini Suites, it was around 5:30pm.
We checked in, dropped off our luggage in the rooms, some of us changed clothes(I didn't, I just wanted to get in the park) and then we walked over to the Esplanade, and I called the other members of our family that had already arrived at the DLR. They were over in DCA, so we went in to meet them. We then headed straight for ToT... I got some great pictures of ToT. But oh man, I LOVE ToT!!! So, we met up with the rest of the family(now keep in mind, when I say rest of the family I mean the rest of the people that were there on the trip....there was 17 of us, roughly a third of our entire family came on this trip).
After we met up with the rest of the family, about 10 of us headed for GRR while the rest went off to eat. The wait for GRR was only about 20 minutes, so we rode it; and like always, i did NOT get wet.. :/ I love GRR, it is really fun! Then, we decided to take a spin on Screamin. ARGH! SO AWESOME!! When we got on, it was already dark out. So, this was my first ride on Screamin at night, and I must say, it gives the ride a slightly different feel
By this time, the park was already closin so we made are way to the entrance and walked over with the rest of the family over to disneyland.

By the time we got to the esplanande, Remember was going on and the line to get in to disneyland almost reached the DCA gates. Luckily the line moved relatively fast, so we made it inside in roughly 15-20 minutes. We were starving at this point, so we decided to go hit Pizza Port...:Dmmmm:D.....but unfortunately, by the time we fought the crowds and made it there, they had already closed:mad::mad::mad: I asked the guy outside what might still be open, and he told us to go to Tomorrowland Terrace.
When we got there, the lines weren't that bad, so we hopped in. We got our food, sat down and ate. However, I am leaving out one important detail. all the time that we are there at Tomorrowland Terrace, we are enjoying the greatest entertainer I have ever seen on the Tomorrowland Terrace stage. His name was Scot Bruce, and he impersonated Elvis from his younger days. He was AMAZING!!! His resemblance to the King is RIDICULOUS!!![there are pictures of him from his sunday performance on my site at the bottom of the page] He had such a great stage presence, and was just fun to watch! I should also mention that there were tons of people watching him! One of his last songs was "can't help falling in love" and the crowd went NUTS!!!! He performed all weekend, so I knew we needed to bring the rest of the family to see him later that trip. After we finished eating, we were going to hit Space, but it was broken down. Then, we headed of to NOS and rode Pirates, AWESOME AS EVER!! Then we rode HM, another AWESOME ride! We then ended our night with a ride on SPlash Mountain, and I got SOAKED!!! Not as much as I will get tomorrow(we flooded a log with a half inch of water :D, i will tell you how it happened later), but I got pretty darn wet. We then walked back to the hotel and ended our first day...err 6 hours in Disneyland... I could not wait for day 2.....

See all pictures from the trip at my web site (photos still need watermarkl)

Lucille
07-30-2007, 02:07 PM
I can't wait to read more!

disneydrmr
07-30-2007, 04:02 PM
Hope your test went well... I'm not sure I could take a test on the same day I leave for Disney.. I could just imagine all my answers would be Disney related! :mickey: Anyway.. ToT being your first ride - THAT's the way to start your Disneyland stay! Looking forward to reading more!

Where's Your Laughin Place
07-30-2007, 05:19 PM
Hope you guys enjoy the rest of the first six hours (which I just posted)

And yeah, I usually like to start my trip with either Space Mountain(If i go to disneyland first) or ToT(If i do DCA first)

disneydrmr
07-31-2007, 08:27 AM
You really crammed a lot in to your 6 hours! Your link to the pictures is not working (at least not for me)... looking forward to reading more!

ChipnDaleGal
08-10-2007, 05:58 AM
Sounds like a really great six hours to me!! Thanks for sharing it with us. :mickey:

Lizzie
08-13-2007, 03:07 PM
Wow you sure packed in a lot in 6 hours. Sounds like a lot of fun.