PDA

View Full Version : I'm so excited

kathiep
07-30-2007, 10:14 AM
Last night, I finally convinced by DH to take some time to review our intinerary for our September trip. Up til now, the entire planning process was all mine.

After reviewing our plans, I casually mentioned MNSSHP and that we would be there on the 21st. I guess all the starts and moons must have aligned because it really seemed to get his interest. I showed him all the info on it from here on Intercot and before I knew it, he said - "Let's do it".

I instantly called and ordered our tickets.

I am so excited I can barely stop thinking about it. We've never been before and we really love Halloween.

Now, I'm looking for personal experiences with MNSSHP from my fellow intercottees. I'm sure DH is already tired of talking about it and I can't think of anything else. Give me some more stories to add to my excitement!

jenperich
07-30-2007, 10:33 AM
I'm so excited for you!! We're going to MVMCP this November, and we're SOOO excited!!! I've never been to that either and I LOVE Christmas, so I can't wait. Have a great time!!

Donald
07-30-2007, 11:12 AM
The party is a lot of fun.

Some people wear costumes, but they are not necessary. It was very hot when we went 2 years ago, so my son's buzz lightyear costume came off after he was finished riding the buzz ride!

You will receive a small bag and a map where the trick-or-treat stations are when you enter the park. Be prepared for sugar overload!!

The line for the free picture is usually long. We waited until the first parade was going on; things kind of cleared out after that. (everyone with small children seem to leave after the first parade) Definately better viewing of the second parade.

The ride lines are relatively short throughout the night. We were able to ride some rides over and over again with minimal wait early on in the party. (I think everyone else was busy getting pictures and treats)

Have a Happy Halloween!! Enjoy your vacation!:blackcat::pumpkin::bat::ghost:

GrmGrninGost
07-31-2007, 08:05 AM
AWESOME! MNSSHP is the best! DO NOT miss the parade or the Hallowishes fireworks! They are both incredible! The trick-or-treating is a lot of fun! If you like to meet and greet the characters, there are a lot of them out during the party. Many of them are ones you won't find at any other time. The ride lines are usually fairly short, even on nights the party sells out! We hardly ever ride though, there's too many other fun things to do! Have a great time!! :mpumpkin:

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
07-31-2007, 09:06 AM
That's great!! :party:

We are going to MNSSHP for the first time in September.

Have a great time!!!

DDuck66
07-31-2007, 10:03 AM
This October will be our third trip to MNSSHP. It is the best hard ticket event at WDW (IMHO). We learned the hard way our first year, that it is not the best to have a sit down dinner at the MK the night of the party. We had ressies for LTT at 5:45. We did not get seated until 6:45 and get finished with dinner until almost 8:00pm. We missed a lot of things that are available. Now, we usually have a big lunch and grab some CS at the park. There are some great photo opps that you cannot get any other time of the year. Make sure to get a picture in front of the HM at the horseless carriage. When you pick up the picture there is actually a ghost driving the carriage.
Have fun!!!!!
:malef::jack::hmghost::mpumpkin:

pook@wdw
07-31-2007, 05:54 PM
Last year was our 1st @ MNSSHP, and we LOVED it!!!:cloud9: We will not miss again (since we always go in Oct). All our kids wore their costumes, and had plenty of Trick or Treat stops. The fireworks were awesome, and the "Boo-To-You" parade is soooo much fun. (I still can't get that song out of my head) Be sure to look for the gravediggers doing their "Spark"ling dance!! I highly recommend it to everyone as a must-do!:thumbsup:

Tinkerfreak
08-02-2007, 08:18 AM
We have been a few times and love it. We tried going in mid Dec. once and around Thanksgiving another time but we just missed the Halloween party so much that now we just plan our vacation to be there for Halloween. Last year the girls and I missed it so much that on Halloween night we all put on our princess crowns and drove around town. It was depressing to us not to be there at the party on Halloween. We did do the MVMCP but it just was not the same for us. We enjoyed it but not as much.

WDWPRIME
08-02-2007, 04:24 PM
These acronyms are out of control.

dolphinmickey9170
08-02-2007, 04:38 PM
Congrats on the moon being in the 7th house, and Jupiter aligning with Mars. Peace must have guided your planets!!