PDA

View Full Version : Wine School @ F&W Festival

Flower
07-30-2007, 09:14 AM
DH is 'into' wine following our 2002 trip to the F&W Festival. Last year when we finished our basement, we had to put a 'cellar' in (It is essentially a small walk-in closet which he has acclimatized to store wine).

There will be a wine school session on while we are there this October. The wine school runs from 10-4 and is $160.00. It will also be his birthday while we are there and I was thinking this would be an awesome birthday gift for him - and I don't have to 'think' about giving him a present!:D

My question is:
Have any of you ever gone to 'Wine School' during the F&W Festival?
What does wine school consist of?
Is it worth the $$$

SallyP
07-30-2007, 10:45 AM
Hi Flower,
What event are you calling wine school ? I didn't see anything listed following that description.

bamagoofy
07-30-2007, 11:07 AM
Flower,
I believe you looked at the 2006 events. The events listed for 2007 do not include wine school. I was disappointed because I did attend one last year and really enjoyed it.

Flower
07-30-2007, 11:19 AM
From Info Central: (Listed under the 2007 events, I don't see anything to say that it is 2006)

Epcot Wine Schools:
The Epcot Wine Schools consist of a day long wine education program hosted by a prestigious wine authority, continental breakfast, a wine pairing luncheon, and a certificate of completion for all attendees at the end of the day. Park admission not required.

Also, from another website that has an updated list of 2007 TICKETED EVENTS events, dates and prices - it shows a wine school being held while we are there.

Flower
07-30-2007, 11:23 AM
Flower,
I believe you looked at the 2006 events. The events listed for 2007 do not include wine school. I was disappointed because I did attend one last year and really enjoyed it.

What did you do last year that made it so enjoyable? How many wines did you sample & what types? What did the breakfast & luncheon consist of? Is it worth $160?

Thanks!

bamagoofy
07-30-2007, 11:31 AM
Sorry I just saw the wine schools listed. Last year I did the South American wine school. It is held in the wonders of life building upstairs. When you arrive there is a light breakfest buffet to prepare for the day. If I remember correctly we tasted at least 15 wines during the day. At lunch there was a lunch paired again with the wine-different wines. It was very interesting hearing about the wine growing regions and hearing from the wine makers. If your husband is really interested in wine this is a great event. Sorry for the long answer.

Flower
07-30-2007, 11:51 AM
Thanks bama!

Glad to hear that you enjoyed it so much and it was worth it.

I just sent him the email of the events and he sent me a reply that the wine school sounded interesting, along with 2 other events. I have not told him I was thinking about doing it for a b-day gift. I stink at keeping secrets though!

Well, I think I will try to book it for him on Monday - wish me luck that my call gets thru and I can book it! Send pixie dust please!!!

Flower
08-06-2007, 09:23 AM
I GOT HIS TICKET !!!!!

I was late getting up and realized around 0900 that the tickets went on sale today, I called thinking there would be NO CHANCE of getting him in, but the CM said YES there were still spots available so I signed DH up. I had told him I was thinking about it for a birthday gift last week - he was excited but has not mentioned it since. I am going to keep quiet about it and if he asks I will tell him it was booked up when I called and surprise him on his birthday.

Since it is the Burgundy wine school, I was thinking about attaching his b-day card to a bottle of Burgundy, or maybe changing the bottle label to an invitation to the wine school?

And now, to plan my day with DS 3 and DS 11 months - what was I thinking going it alone with the 2 of them???!!!! My b-day present had better be a good one!!!

mickey-mouse35
08-06-2007, 06:39 PM
Since it is the Burgundy wine school, I was thinking about attaching his b-day card to a bottle of Burgundy, or maybe changing the bottle label to an invitation to the wine school?

Awesome idea!!! :thumbsup:

bamagoofy
08-06-2007, 08:19 PM
Congratulations! I really do think he will enjoy the wine school.