PDA

View Full Version : hiarcut at disney world

mickeymom73
07-29-2007, 09:57 PM
I've heard kids canget a haircut somewhere in disney. Does anyone know where you can get this done and aproximately how much it costs?

Flower
07-29-2007, 10:26 PM
The Harmony Barber Shop is located at the Magic Kingdom, to the left of the Emporium when you are facing the castle, by the fire hall.

ANYONE can get their hair cut here! My husband has had his cut many times.

As far as children, you can get the childs first haircut here and, for a fee of course, you get a certificate and their 'first haircut' mouse ears. My now 3 year old had his first cut here, and my currently 9 month old will be getting his first cut here in September! :mickey:

MickeysEars
07-30-2007, 12:30 AM
We wanted to get my sons First, but the wait was long and we never got back :(
This next trip we are going to do my husband and son and my daughter is going to the Bippidi Boppidi Botique. Hey! What do I get??!! Oh well...

Lizzie
07-31-2007, 12:09 PM
You need to get there first thing. I believe the cost was $14 and they are so great with kids.

Imagineer1981
07-31-2007, 01:20 PM
on grad nights and special events they'll even style and paint your hair for the event, like 4th of July you can get red/wht/blue hair!!!!

Hayden's Dad
07-31-2007, 02:10 PM
We got our son's first haircut done here, and it was the best $14.00 we ever spent. WE went there right when the park opened and were shown right in. The styleist was excellent, and afterwards he got his own set of ears :mickey: that had "First haircut" embroidered on the back, a certificate for his first haircut and pixe dust all around. It was great, but by the time we were leaving the line was starting to form so get there early

Norway Minnie
07-31-2007, 02:18 PM
We just got our son's first haircut here. The stylist said there is typically an hour and a half wait, so try to get there right at opening. The stylist put stickers all over my son which distracted him. She also gave him a toy to play with so he would hold still. She was fantastic at getting him to relax and the cut turned out great. He even wore his mouse ears for awhile afterwards. I would highly recommend trying it out.

Pixie Power
07-31-2007, 02:24 PM
Yup...Harmony Barber Shop is always on our To Do list each and every trip. Our youngest DD had her first hair cut there when she was 19 months old and has ONLY had her hair cut there ever since....she's 5 now! :laughing: She'll be due for another cut in a matter of a week or so. :mickey:

Clotho
07-31-2007, 06:48 PM
I secondt hat it's not just for kids. I got them to put stripes and mickey confetti in my hair when I went last time. They can stencil a mickey-head in colored hairspray on anyone, too! :)

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-31-2007, 09:28 PM
It's somewhere around $12 for kids and $17 for adults. They do a great job. They sprinkle pixie dust or do colored gel and colored dust. The lines do get quite long though. But it's well worth the wait. My now 4 year old nephew had his first official haircut there and my (now 3 1/2 week old) 7 week old nephew will be having his first haircut there in 4 weeks. Good thing he was born with a full head of hair.

CuteAsMinnie
08-01-2007, 08:05 PM
This is sooo cool!!!!!:cool: We've heard of this dozens of times but never experienced it - unfortunately. What a fabulous memory to have. Maybe, must maybe, we'll drag our 11 yr DS into the barber shop to "trim" is much loved locks!:D