PDA

View Full Version : We arrive on Friday... which park when?

Hog Wild
07-29-2007, 09:11 PM
Hey guys!
I am taking my mom in law to Disney for the first time. We are splitting time with a cruise to Nassau. We will be at the parks on the weekends. I am usually an off season gal so early August is way off of what I am used to. So I need some park help.... My MIL has always been interested in Epcot. And we are doing the Pirate and Princess party. But what I don't know is when we should go where... like we usually don't go to the Magic Kingdom on a Saturday but my options are Sat the 4th, Sun the 5th, Friday the 10 and Sat 11.

So I need all the park help that I can get... what park and when? or how long should we stay?

Thanks so much!

LoriMistress
07-29-2007, 09:30 PM
The best advice is to go to the parks early (before opening), go on your must do rides, use FP to your best advantage, and leave the parks around 12pm for a nice break at the resort. Arrive back to the parks around 4-5pm.

I'll also PM you a link on the information that you're looking for.

OogieBoogieMan
07-29-2007, 09:31 PM
Just two cents on Epcot, we have found it to be fairly open on Fridays during the day, although we haven't been there since June. There are extra magic hours on Thursdays and I think it helps to thin out the crowds on Friday, a day I would choose to avoid the Magic Kingdom anyway. We have always had luck at the Magic Kingdom on Sundays. At some point I read that many people are either arriving or departing on the weekend and the traffic tends to be lighter. While I can't say that is always the case, we do find Mondays to be consistently a nightmare at Magic Kingdom, so maybe there is something to going on the weekend even though on the surface it would seem intuitive to avoid it.

Hog Wild
08-03-2007, 10:38 AM
Thanks for all the advice! I can't wait to get there!! :cloud9:

RocknRoller94
09-05-2007, 05:03 PM
I would do Mk and Epcot on the first Weekend, and then MGM and AK the next