PDA

View Full Version : Wilderness Lodge views/locations for 1 bedroom

Sunshine1010
07-29-2007, 05:55 PM
I'm staying at the VWL in January - 1 bedroom for 10 days.

I've never been there, so I'm completely lost as to what views the villas even offer for 1-bedrooms.

1. Can anyone give me a list of the different views (woods?....pool?....parking lot?....)
2. Which are the best views for 1 bedrooms?....and why?
3. Which are the best locations for 1 bedrooms?

Any help would be appreciated

Maleficent's Dad
07-29-2007, 08:13 PM
Officially, there are no specific "views" at the VWL according to DVC. Unlike the BWV - which have different tiers of rooms - the VWL all are lumped into one category.

Now this is not to say that you can't have a better view...

All rooms look out to either:
1. Front of building (mostly gardens and some driveways)
2. Back of building - which is trees blocking the lake view
3. Pool - quiet pool of the villas

Some people here have claimed to have "lake views" from the VWL, but as the trees have matured, I can't see how this is possible any longer. If it was possible, it would have to be the top floor of the villas, at the far end (away from the elevators and pool).

My only request at the VWL is usually to be near an elevator. It can be a bit of a hike otherwise (especially with kids!). :mickey:

True Disney Fan
07-30-2007, 07:03 PM
:mickey:I know that you are excited with your upcoming stay at the VWL.

As you may or may not be aware, the one bedroom will be comfortable for up to four people. The one bedroom has a queen type bed and the living room couch will hold two people.

There is a full kitchen, and a washer/dryer also available. Location is nice,but as previously mentioned, the trees have taken over much of the view as to the area.

I have stayed just about all locations with front, back, and side view. The rooms are nice and the Lodge is beautiful. I am sure you will have a good time.:mickey: