PDA

View Full Version : Progressive Dinner advice

Christine
07-29-2007, 12:16 PM
My dear friend and I are going to WDW in October for the meet (sans our children and husbands!)

She has never toured any of the deluxe resorts, so we plan on doing that on our first evening.

I was thinking it would be neat to have a progressive dinner.

What advice can you give me based on your experiences and favorites:

Appetizers-

Soup-

Salad-

Main entree-

dessert-

cocktail-

coffee-

We will be visiting the monorail resorts as well as the Epcot/ MGM area resorts (but probably not Swan and Dolphin).

trapper
07-29-2007, 12:39 PM
My favorite meal is dessert so how about Beaches and Cream @ The Beach Club for Dessert. mmmm we had the Kitchen Sink.:eat::tasty:Have fun!

ElenitaB
07-29-2007, 12:39 PM
Sounds like a great idea but it might be tricky getting ADRs for three restaurants for one night and get the timing right, which is why I'd do the following:

Appetizers/soup/salad - sushi, flatbreads or the goat cheese ravioli from California Grill
Entree - Will the Grand Floridian Cafe be reopen as a restaurant by then? I'd go there as it might be easier to get in without an ADR.
Dessert - something from Capt Cook's at the Poly and then head to the beach to watch the fireworks!

Alternatively, you could start at the Tambu Lounge at the Poly with a nice Lapu Lapu and appetizers from the bar. Your next stop could be at the GrandFlo and finish up with one of the amazing desserts at the California Grill!

I'd imagine you'd want to watch the MK fireworks from somewhere that night. On Wednesday, the 10th, Wishes will be presented at 9:00. On Thursday, HalloWishes will be presented at 9:30.

miasmom
07-29-2007, 05:46 PM
stop for coffee at Kona Cafe. I don't recall their desserts, but it is worth the splurge for the press pot of Kona Coffee!