PDA

View Full Version : Need your opinion, please

Caroleh
07-29-2007, 11:39 AM
A little background first....In September I have to go to a 3 day seminar for the company I work for. Every year they have a competition for the most creative outfit and something else. Last year it was a purse that we had have a creative use of fabrics, trims, etc....I had won third place out of about 80+ stores. We are one of the smallest stores at 4500 square feet and our sales are one of the lowest. I don't receive all the fancier fabrics and trims that the other stores receive. My store is the laughing stock of the company(which is a whole other story). This year we have to make a Christmas stocking, again with a creative use of fabric and trims.

Here's where I need your opinion...I made 2 stockings. I want to know which one you like better. The elf type stocking or the boot. Here's a link to see a picture of them: http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/album/557703686JzcSII

Which ever one gets the most votes will go with me to my seminar.

Thanks for your help!!!

crazypoohbear
07-29-2007, 12:05 PM
I like the first one, the kind of patch work one. It looks very nice and looks like you put a lot of effort into it. Good Luck. and remember at the competition Good things come in small packages!

DisneyMelissa
07-29-2007, 12:26 PM
I like the first one too :thumbsup:

Best of luck!

trapper
07-29-2007, 12:33 PM
I like the fancy boot!

Donald
07-29-2007, 12:52 PM
They are both nice; but I agree with the previous posters, the patchwork stocking is my favorite. I think if the boot heel was more straight, it may look better. Good luck with your competition!:stock:

SBETigg
07-29-2007, 01:27 PM
Both are great! Very creative. I'm partial to the elf-like one, though. The first one. I think you'll do well with either one, though, and what a fantastic quilt!

Tick-Tock
07-29-2007, 03:35 PM
I'll vote for the elf.

Loved the quilt!

kakn7294
07-29-2007, 03:37 PM
They are both great but the first one looks a bit more "Christmassy" to me. I think I like it better. Good luck to you and let us know how it goes! :pixie: for a great seminar! PS - Awesome quilt!

disneydeb
07-29-2007, 03:58 PM
I like the boot, but I had a hard time deciding between the two. Great Work!:thumbsup:

dolphinmickey9170
07-29-2007, 04:46 PM
I like the first one the best, and I have to agree about the quilt. They are beautiful! Good luck at the seminar, let us know how it goes!

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
07-29-2007, 09:42 PM
I like them both but, the first one gets my vote too. :thumbsup:

Very pretty, Good Luck!!

scooterca42
07-29-2007, 09:50 PM
Definitely the first one - love the patchwork look!

Flower
07-29-2007, 10:09 PM
My favourites are the elf - #1 & #13 -although #1 is more detailed, so I would submit it over the 2!!!

Good luck and let us know how you make out? Which store do you work for? I am going to guess at either Fabricland or BouClair.

Your quilt is absolutely beautiful and so very detailed! Forget moving to Milton, you should apply at costuming and move to Orlando!!!

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-29-2007, 10:25 PM
For Christmas, definitely # 1. But I really like # 2 because it is so unique. I hope you win. Let us know.

Caroleh
07-29-2007, 10:35 PM
Which store do you work for? I am going to guess at either Fabricland or BouClair.

Forget moving to Milton, you should apply at costuming and move to Orlando!!!

It's Fabricland. The Walmart in Milton stopped selling fabric, the BouClair's there only carries home dec and I've heard the quilt shop there, may close down soon. I'm hoping I'll get a new store!!

I'd love to do costuming, but I'm not sure I could handle the heat of Orlando!!! I moved to Canada from Iowa because the winters were warmer and the summers cooler...I hate humidity!!!!

PirateLover
07-29-2007, 10:42 PM
Between #1 and #2 I like 1. The patchwork is adorable and I like the elfish theme. I was looking through the rest of your album too and I absolutely love #15. It looks like a boot I would actually wear on Christmas Eve or to a Christmas party. So cool.

Marilyn Michetti
07-30-2007, 12:14 AM
I go with the Elf. Close up, it looks "magical", and more the Christmas look.:thumbsup:

snowflakegirl
07-30-2007, 01:05 AM
It was tough becuase they're both really nice, but I think the patchwork one would get my vote.

merlinmagic4
07-30-2007, 06:15 AM
Tough decision but I think I like #1 with the Elf look the best. Good luck :thumbsup: I sure wish I could sew like that!

conorsmom2000
07-30-2007, 09:04 AM
Carol, you are really talented!! I also had a tough time choosing between the two - I love the fancy looking boot, but I think I like the Elf one just a bit more - more festive looking!

Good luck!! :mickey:

LadybugTink
07-30-2007, 07:13 PM
First of all let me say WoW those are soo good. I would think either one would win. But if I had to pick one I would have to say the first one too. Good Luck !!!!! :fingers:

Bethis26fan
07-30-2007, 07:18 PM
I like the elf one the best, they are both awesome though. Good luck hope all goes well.

MsMin
07-30-2007, 07:50 PM
I vote for the elf one too. :pixie: seems appropriate here for your entry ;)
What about that quilt???? That is awesome too. Good luck w/ your entry...

Caroleh
07-30-2007, 08:56 PM
What about that quilt???? That is awesome too. Good luck w/ your entry...

The quilt was given to my niece in May!!! Quilting is my passion!!!! I'm hoping to have a few more quilts added to my page within the next few weeks.

I'm tweaKing both stockings within the next few days, because neither one was really giving me the wow factor yet, and I really want the WOW factor!!! (Can you tell I'm really picky about my work?)

I have 6 of the elf stockings to make for a friend of mine and I had a customer ask me today how much I charge for them!!!! I'm hoping to sell a few stockings for extra $$$ for my WDW trip or stuff for the house!!!

pogo
07-30-2007, 09:05 PM
:hi: Buddy........ they are both great ! :thumbsup:

I like the "stocking" the best. Good luck ! :D

JessicaRabbit
07-31-2007, 09:12 AM
WOW - both are so awesome - it is hard to choose. I like the boot b/c it is so different - but I really like the patchwork on the Elf one so that is the one that gets my vote.

I have to tell you, I don't have a creative bone in my body, so I REALLY admire your work - the quilt is AMAZING!:)

Cinderelley
07-31-2007, 09:12 PM
My vote is for #1 also.

murphy1
08-01-2007, 06:50 PM
I love them!!!!!! I vote #1 if i have to choose. I just taught myself applique and did an Ariel for our upcoming trip outfit for dd. That was something trying to do the stitching on it. Not very easy!