PDA

View Full Version : Weather ****THIS NEXT WEEK***

disneyfanforever
07-29-2007, 11:26 AM
I've seen on a bunch of different weather websites that this next week is pretty much going to rain all day (thunderstorms included) is it always like this? i thought only maybe 30 minutes everyday? do they still run the rides if its raining? this will be our first trip, leaving tomorrow and coming back on August 6th. Please INFORM US????:confused::(

Seasonscraps
07-29-2007, 11:39 AM
I never put much stock in weather forecasts:
they are wrong all the time
it could rain in one part of Orlando and not in the parks
Most of the time rain storms don't last too long (I have been in WDW for about 18 summer days and twice it rained for a good chunk of the day)

I think only rides with outdoor portions (Test Track for example) would close due to heavy rain or lightening.

disneyfanforever
07-29-2007, 11:47 AM
Oh bless you! :mickey:
i was scared for a moment there. Thanks so much for the quick reply! :blush:

Piglet822
07-29-2007, 01:17 PM
Our typical summer forecast cast is for temps in the mid to high 90's with lots of humidity making it feel like triple digits. There's always a chance of afternoon showers. Some days the rain percentage is higher than others.
You can check the local forecast at WFTV (http://www.wftv.com), which is our ABC affiliate, or you can check our very own Strmchsr's forecast (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=108921)right here on Intercot. I find these to be the two most reliable sources for the local weather.

kakn7294
07-29-2007, 04:09 PM
Generally in my experience, summer rain forecasts that have a whatever % chance of rain and list scattered or isolated thunderstorms means that is the percentage chance that you will have an afternoon rain shower - the typical 1/2 Florida rain. They will leave off the scattered or isolated before thunderstorm if they are predicting longer rains. I've been there when it's rained all day, everyday and you can still enjoy most of the attractions, so don't worry too much about it. Disney hasn't figured out how to control the weather yet - but I'm sure Imagineering is working on it!

wdwfan
07-29-2007, 09:09 PM
We just returned from short trip. Fri thru Mon. We had shower (about 15 min. one day) then on another it started to rain 3:30 ish and unfortuately it poured and didn't stop until about 10:30. We had planned on returning to park but that didn't happen. Blizzard Beach and Typhoon both closed. There was not thunder & lightening, just solid rain. We just went to dinner then to DD. You just make it work. It was stormy the day we left, but did not delay our flts. at all. This is just FL in the summer time. You normally get a quick shower and thats it. I would not depend on weather forcasts because they really don't know. I wouldn't let it bother me, thats what the poncho's for. :mickey: Just have a good time!

OogieBoogieMan
07-29-2007, 09:36 PM
I just looked at the 5 day forecast and it seems to be business as usual for Orlando, scattered thunder. There is a good chance for rain any day during the summer and scattered thunder is typical. If the forecast says rain, flat out rain, then perhaps plan on getting wetter than usual, but for the most part it seems as though you will get more than the occasional break of sun.